Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2018, 11:45 PM   #1

RV insurance experience/advice?

I am a claims adjuster for Progressive so I know enough about auto insurance, but have so many questions when it comes to RV insurance. Who does everyone use? Although price is always up there in terms of concerns I am more concerned about coverages such as roadside/towing, total loss and the extra coverages not typically offered on the auto side.
I have read review after review online, done a bunch of quotes, but believe in personal experiences a bit more than stuff I find on the internet, in short I trust you all and your experiences most!! 😁
Who do you use? Have you ever had to utilize roadside assistance/towing? Have you ever, heaven forbid, had to go through the total loss process with an RV insurance company?
We are going on a huge trip soon so my decision needs to be made quickly. Any help, or advice would be much appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance! 🚙💗
hamfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2018, 11:48 PM   #2

Here are almost 1500 threads of the same question....

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22r...=14&gws_rd=ssl

but believe in personal experiences a bit more than stuff I find on the internet, ????
Old 03-23-2018, 12:01 AM   #3

Thank you for the link. I have read hundreds of reviews from different Google searches, I have been reading these forums daily since we (my family) joined and "know" some of the more active posters and am more inclined to trust their experiences over the ones I have read from my Google searches. I apologize if it seems to be an odd statement, I just feel more comfortable trusting statements and experiences from people with in this forum.
Again, I apologize if it was an odd statement, I just trust more from here. No real logical reason for my trust other than that.
hamfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamfam View Post
I am a claims adjuster for Progressive so I know enough about auto insurance, but have so many questions when it comes to RV insurance. Who does everyone use? Although price is always up there in terms of concerns I am more concerned about coverages such as roadside/towing, total loss and the extra coverages not typically offered on the auto side.
I have read review after review online, done a bunch of quotes, but believe in personal experiences a bit more than stuff I find on the internet, in short I trust you all and your experiences most!! 😁
Who do you use? Have you ever had to utilize roadside assistance/towing? Have you ever, heaven forbid, had to go through the total loss process with an RV insurance company?
We are going on a huge trip soon so my decision needs to be made quickly. Any help, or advice would be much appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance! 🚙💗
A tornado laid a tree on top of our 2nd motorhome about 16 years ago. We had Geico at the time. Took a bit of time for the RV service center to make the determination, but in the end, our MH was declared a total loss. Geico called, we set up an appointment, and were offered the settlement at that time. The settlement was more than satisfactory and gave us enough for a down payment of about half the total cost of the new morothome.

Because of their great service, we kept Geico for several years. Unfortunately, the premiums crept up to a point where i finally had to shop for another carrier. We have Progressive now. No claims, but i'm thinking positive that if we ever have one, it will be handled satisfactorily.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:25 AM   #5

I have used State Farm since the Early 90's for everything from our House to the vehicles we drive. When we went back to camping I contacted my State Farm Agent asking him if they would cover a 5th wheel. He said sure no problem they would cover the unit.
I have had only one claim on my 5er this was in 2011 when I had a catastrophic tire failure on a Sunday morning (8:00 AM) just outside of Kearney NE. I called the 1-800 help line and within 20 min's a tow truck showed up to change out the tire and help repair some of the damage to the trailer. Everything was covered and the only cost I incurred was a new tire plus the deductible on my police. I am still with State Farm today since they have served me very well in the past.

Tags
advice, insurance