Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2011, 03:15 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
You are correct in your assumptions.
However, the camera I'm talking about has no flash and does not look like a camera nor does it make any noise. That is why I said leave a light on (NO NOT A NIGHT LIGHT NOR A SPOT LIGHT) that lights up the door area. The camera that I got was from Harriet Carter catalog and was inexpensive and will do the job.
Sounds like a winner to me

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2011, 03:25 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Time to get those boundary sensors that car lots use, then hook it up to some 100,000 candlewatt power lights and maybe some extremely high db, high pitch alarms. These kind only go off if something breaks the beam completely, usually something human sized.

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:31 PM   #31
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
A parrot and a dog. Name the dog "Jesus."

"Jesus is watching you!" (Warning from parrot.)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:53 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
A parrot and a dog. Name the dog "Jesus."

"Jesus is watching you!" (Warning from parrot.)
Heres one I use at home. Get any old broken rifle and hang it over the fireplace. Any thief will grab that first thing. Now heres the fun part. Removing the rifle triggers the alarm that set off a siren on the outside of the house and any other device to record him, light the lights etc. I just use the siren because my neighbors will come a runnin when that thing goes off.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:09 PM   #33

My back started acting up when I was hanging a motion detecting light. I had to quit before I could run the Romex inside the garage. I was able to put two burnt out bulbs in the sockets. If anybody cases my house and sees the light, they'll think they work and will hopefully stay away. I also have a street light at my property line that overlooks my MH.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #34

Great..., now I have to build a fireplace and get a rusty old rifle. I'm not that bored.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:47 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Great..., now I have to build a fireplace and get a rusty old rifle. I'm not that bored.
Get one from that Amish guy then pick up an old Red Rider at the thrift store. Just Eternabond the Daisy to your Amish fireplace. Done deal and when they see what a sorry set up you have they will probably leave a donation.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Why bother catching them... the police do NOTHING!!!
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
If the police do their jobs and arrest them the courts turn them over to their parents who do nothing because there just "children". Then when they are 18 and commit a crime with a gun or hurt someone they are now an adult and go to prison for 5 to 10 years. And everyone rings their hands and wonders how the system went wrong. First time any of us kids messed with someones property of stole a piece of candy we gor our butts beat with a military belt. Then had to pay for the item or damages and apoligize to our victim in person. If a parent did that today they would go to jail. If a parent could do that today maybe their kids would not go to jail.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:04 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
Get one from that Amish guy then pick up an old Red Rider at the thrift store. Just Eternabond the Daisy to your Amish fireplace. Done deal and when they see what a sorry set up you have they will probably leave a donation.
I just gave away one of the below. It was blued and cocked on the down stroke of the lever.
Almost shot my eye out when I was a kid.

1915 Daisy No.30 Lever action 500 shot Model 25 Bronze wood stock
1916-1917 Same as above but blued and Model 27
1918 Same above but Nickel
1919-1935 Same construction as a No. 3 but barrel 3" shorter and holds 500 shots. Blued.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:09 PM   #39

The sad part of today's judicial system is that when someone gets arrested, in most cases, their life as they once knew it is now over and the only future they have is to commit more crimes to exist financially in this world.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
If you want justice now days you can forget about it...Police Officers hands are tied through various present day conditions allowed by society..you have to read into this for I don't want to go to far with my statement...best thing to do is get yourself a Doberman pincer, the only dog that I know if that will ly in wait, not make a sound and then pounce on the Perp when the get deep into his turf...Sorry about your loss, a very personal violation of space and hard to deal with.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:24 PM   #41

GF's Min-Pin(cher). Will that do?

Camera can't fix this "Red Eye".

Old 12-31-2011, 08:30 PM   #42

I'm a teacher, and for quite a few years we were bothered by people who would drive on our property, light firecrackers outside the bedroom window at 0300, put a dead possum in the mailbox, etc. A few years ago they left a burning paper bag on the front porch. Inside the bag was some dog's "calling card." Each time we were disturbed we'd call the sheriff. Nothing ever happened.

A couple of years ago I bought a game camera at Bass Pro and set it up behind a bush by the garage, pointed down the driveway. That camera will take pictures at night using infrared light, so nothing is visible to anyone. Then I put a motion-sensing "doorbell" at the end of the driveway, with the receiver in the house. The transmitter is on a fence post at the corner of our property, and it reaches nearly to the stream on the other side, so the easiest approach to our place is covered. That box is in plain sight. Since then we've not had a single nocturnal visitor of the human kind. The neighbor's horses, on the other hand, are getting to be a pain.

kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote