Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
A coach w/curb dinette in a windowed slide just appeared in our Classified section. That would make for some nice viewing when having your morning coffee!

Lori-
Oh, I love that!!

I had noticed the window issue with TT's as well and the smaller versions have only recently started having slides. My 85 has double the windows of a later model. I like all those windows, not just for viewing but for keeping it cool. Get a great cross breeze going!

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #30

Look at the Cherokee Wolfpack 396wp. There are tons of windows. And ... aren't there neighbors on EACH side of the RV in a campground? We're in a campground and we have neighbors on each side. AND neither open their shades! I do ... i have to have sun light and fresh air. My front door is open, my back wall in the toy hauler is down, the roof vents are open ... and I'm fully dressed with my sweats on top of my clothes. It's chilly ... not cold ... but I have to have the daylight and air.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:00 AM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA FRED View Post
I get a stiff neck trying to watch my over the dash TV ! -- It's really a dumb location -- I had the same idea, junk the chair opposite the sofa and install a flat screen in a nice cabinet -- and maybe also junk the sofa and replace it with 2 nice recliners. -- I wonder how much $$ to do it --- Maybe next year --
Actually we met a couple last year that pretty much did what you said. they took out the sofa and installed a double recliner with an armrest between. I think they also moved the TV across from it. We are thinking about a riser cabinet and moving one TV to it and possibly removing altogether the second TV and adding a cabinet. We likely not miss the little love seat although I'd keep the Sofa as it has a large bed for when we (if we) have guests.
JimN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #32

Everyone is truly different in their wants. We would have a difficult time buying a new RV because they have so much on them that we don't want with astronomical prices.

We like public parks (think trees) and when we ordered our '04 new we purposely selected the floorplan with only two slides and both on the same side of the RV. Having multiple slides on both sides makes it hard to park amongst trees.

We don't watch television and the first thing we did was remove the one in the bedroom and sold it on Ebay. We left the front one for future sale.

We definitely didn't want a washer/dryer because of much dry camping but also because we wanted to do two-weeks worth within 1-1/2 hours in town and not have to think about it for another two weeks. (We never found the laundramats in town dirty as many people state.)

It seems buyers nowadays want all the conveniences they have at home and then complain when all those gadgets go wrong. They want multiple slides or full slides and then complain when they malfunction. Slides put a lot of stress on the frame as does making many cutouts for windows.

Manufacturers build what people think they need and they add more stuff to entice buyers. Prices have now skyrocketed. We just wouldn't pay those prices even though we could afford it. We'd buy a quality used RV - if we could find a basic model. I'm glad we full-timed when we did because we surely would have a hard time finding a suitable RV now. There are many RVers out there that don't need all that glitz and fluff.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:55 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrshall View Post
On the subject of rv design, why do manufacturers think we like to sit sideways on the sofa to watch tv? Rexhall, and maybe 1 or 2 others, made models with the tv opposite the sofa, and Bounder used to have a model with the sofa set facing the front.

With the advent of flat panel tvs I would think the makers would find better places for the tv than up over the dash. In some models you almost can't see it from the sofa.

Have any of you found a solution to this problem? Or do you even see it as a problem? I have thought about removing the rocker/recliner across from the sofa and putting a flat panel there. Maybe next year.

Jerry

That's one thing that's always bugged me about motorhomes - couches across from one another with the TV up front. We walked into an Entegra coach a few years ago at an RV show in Tacoma and I was amazed to see that somebody had finally figured out how to build a proper living room in a MH.

It's not just motorhomes, though. Our first 5er had the TV on the street side and the recliners in the rear so we ended up sitting on the uncomfortable couch across from the TV. One of the reasons it's not our current RV.

I've heard it said that your 3rd RV is the right one. I hope so, we're on 5er #3 now.

Happy trails,
Old 08-27-2017, 01:42 AM   #34

We get that! It is nice to watch a movie or whatever your choice while looking comfortably towards the screen. We have a 2008 Itaska Eclipse TD and enjoy that viewing layout.
Gary737 is offline   Reply With Quote