Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2014, 05:20 AM   #29

I bought mine a month ago and got a 4.9, they advertised as low as 4.5. My last rv loan was 7.0 so I am happy. Try america first credit union. I think they are the best
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2014, 05:21 AM   #30

Oh and that was with 0 money down also
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #31

I have finally found and financed a 2008 Keystone Everest. It satisfied my "have to have" list and the dealer was very accommodating, found financing easily at the lowest rate I had been offered. Thank you Oklahoma RV in Moore, OK. Anyway, it's a debt and my plan is to take a 12 year loan and pay it off in 4 to 5 years. I have one more student loan to pay at a higher interest rate and I will pay that off first. I have a budget based on the guesstimates of RV Life Expenses that I have read about on other blogs. Wish me luck all and thank you for the invaluable information discovered here. Now I am a fellow RV Owner! Yay!
Windham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #32

and you got the financing where ????
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #33

What we found when doing our research and making offers is a few things re RV loans. The credit union we have belonged to for 20+ years and have a sizeable savings with had the worst rates. Some of the dealers were willing to buy down the rate by as much as 1% as a part of the deal. However the two biggest factors were your credit score and financing a minumum of $50,000 to get the best rate. We were going to pay cash if we didn't get the loan rate we wanted. We have our houses financed thru Bank of America as well as checking/savings accounts there, and that was our dealers preferred bank to deal with. We ended up getting 2.9% thru Bank of America, put a huge down payment down, and most likely will pay it off within 2 years. The bottom line though is the dealer really doesn't get you a rate(unless they buy it down)...it's your credit score and history.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:30 PM   #34

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm looking at a used rig that they want about $280,000 for, we could afford to put 50% down without touching our annuities but my wife has been off work for almost three years now for health reasons and really wants to save the cash.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:42 PM   #35

Mr. D, when you put that kind of money down and have a decent credit score, most banks will jump at the change to finance you, the worst that can happen to them is they reposess a MH that has equity in it. The banks like people like us because they can't lose. You might try the bank you normally bank with. B of A's advertised rate at the time we bought was 4.99%, we checked with them and got it for 2.99%. They joked with us and said we would love for you not to make your payments, as alot of people only put down 10%, which barely covers tax and license, and then the depreciation becomes a risk for the bank.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #36

Foretravel Owners Club
I love not dealing with the crooks who charge money for the privilege of loaning money. If you save the money before hand, you can work a much better price and no interest. A win- win for your family.
Dave M
Genset is offline   Reply With Quote