Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2014, 09:30 PM   #15

Glad you like the look of that screen.

I am a ways off from offering this for sale. I have a little more work to do on it first!

Rich & Linda

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #16
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post

I am a ways off from offering this for sale. I have a little more work to do on it first!

Rich & Linda
Any updates on the status of your program?

Regards,
OWV, Our Wandering View
Entrega Anthem, 44B

Old 07-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
BETA tester?

Quote:

Rich & Linda
Just wondering - I am a really good tester, even written test plans for software programs. If there's a way to break it, I will!
BethLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #18

Found this today. It was in the Apple App Store with a link to developer web site. It looks pretty good. Haven't used it yet, though.

Developer web site advises that the original program is available for download to run on Mac/PC for free. Don't see an app for non-Apple. The Apple App is $2.99. No ratings or reviews.

Version 2 Ready | RVCare Log Book

I'm going to browse the web site before I pull the trigger.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:52 PM   #19

I've looked at the RV Care Logbook app. Personally, I find it too complicated and far more involved than the average RV owner needs.

My RV Logbook program is much simpler...I just wish I could find the time to get it ready for distribution.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:00 AM   #20
OWV

Quote:
I've looked at the RV Care Logbook app. Personally, I find it too complicated and far more involved than the average RV owner needs.

My RV Logbook program is much simpler...I just wish I could find the time to get it ready for distribution.
Any estimate as to when you might have it done and how much you will charge? Is it in a state where you could distribute it as a draft and then send out a final version once you are finished? Like, Beth, would be happy to sign up to be a tester?

Regards,
OWV, Our Wandering View
Entegra Anthem, 44B
Old 07-25-2014, 06:09 AM   #21
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj23andout View Post
Found this today. It was in the Apple App Store with a link to developer web site. It looks pretty good. Haven't used it yet, though.

Developer web site advises that the original program is available for download to run on Mac/PC for free. Don't see an app for non-Apple. The Apple App is $2.99. No ratings or reviews.

If it isn't too much trouble would you please post what you find? Thank you.

Regards,
OWV, Our Wandering View
Entegra Anthem, 44B
Old 07-25-2014, 08:54 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj23andout View Post

Thanks for sharing.

I have emailed the developer to ask a few questions, especially regarding US vs Canadian measurements and currency. Being Canadian but travelling extensively in the US I find conversion support lacking in many apps. I would expect with many US travellers also crossing their northern border this would be a more common need.

It is also noted on the developer's website that they have sold their RV and do not intend on buying another. This could result in an end to or diminished support for the app. I have asked the developer about this as well and I'll report back when/if I get a response.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_H View Post
Thanks for sharing.

I have emailed the developer to ask a few questions, especially regarding US vs Canadian measurements and currency. Being Canadian but travelling extensively in the US I find conversion support lacking in many apps. I would expect with many US travellers also crossing their northern border this would be a more common need.

It is also noted on the developer's website that they have sold their RV and do not intend on buying another. This could result in an end to or diminished support for the app. I have asked the developer about this as well and I'll report back when/if I get a response.
As mentioned earlier, I contacted the developer of RVCare Log Book and asked about metric and US standard conversion as well as the future of the app now that the developer has sold his RV.

The good news is that he intends to continue both development and support for the app. The bad news is that the only unit conversion support is a single units of measure selection. There is no ability to auto-update the data once units of measure has been selected and there is no conversion tool for entering data in both US standard and metric.

The lack of units of measure conversion is a no-go for me unfortunately so I'll have to continue using the Excel spreadsheet I have developer and keep expanding its capabilities until I contains all that I need.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rich, I'd really like to see your program when it's up and running. It looks great!

Right now I'm experimenting with Evernote.

Thanks,
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #25

Forest River Owners Club
I have used this for years on all my Vehicles. Go to MICROSOFT WORKS TASK LAUNCHER----VEHICLE DATA------VEHICLE LOGS
Old 06-29-2015, 02:37 PM   #26

RV Logbook Android App

I had an awesome app for Apple called RV Companion by Creative Logic Entertainment. It is great because you can enter your vehicle information, you can make notes and logs on specific campgrounds and what sites you like, you can have a trip log, there are maintenance logs, and my favorite the To-Do list (with lots of pre-sets). We used the To-Do list to make a list of things we know we needed to put in the trailer, replenish, repair, etc. It even had extras like a built in level and flashlight.

Unfortunately we now have all Androids and I cannot find a similar app. Can anyone help point me in the the direction of a decent app?
Old 09-02-2015, 09:33 AM   #27

I, too like the look of the FileMaker solution - any update on where you are at in the process?

I am a longtime Filemaker user, but have not had the need to use FMP for several years now... Things change - I now organize Rallies and I can see where a FMP similar to Rick's RV log database solution would make life MUCH easier on me. Guess it it time to upgrade my old copy of FMP!

BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote