Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #15

why not just wash with cold water? DW and I been using cold for the last 15 years, no problems, and a lot less hassle then hooking up a hot water tank,
just my 2 cents
gbstewart

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbstewart View Post
why not just wash with cold water? DW and I been using cold for the last 15 years, no problems, and a lot less hassle then hooking up a hot water tank,
just my 2 cents
gbstewart
Ditto ... can't remember the last time we used hot water for washing clothes.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #17

in answer to your original ? we also have a finished shed on our lot in fla. we have a bosch on demand water heater. they specify 220 40 amp service. we also have a shower which we use daily instead of the mh shower. it works fantastic, we can be doing the laundry while showering and never run out of hot water! on the other subject of sewage I could never figure out what the difference if you have 2 people living on the lot you are not going to tax the sewer system more or less by using the mh facilities or the one in the shed. good luck! jim
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #18

How can you "buy" a lot on leased land? The person who leases it doesn't own it and therefore cannot sell it. What am I missing here?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbstewart View Post
just my 2 cents
gbstewart

I do all my wash in cold water....it's the DW. I'm afraid if she doesn't have hot water, I'll be showering in cold water...if you catch my drift.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #20
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I wash all my clothes in water and I don't care what temperature it is. As Coffeeman stated, not the case from the other side of the house.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
We have an on demand system in the rv and I can 'guarantee' you it will make hot water - and for as long as you want too

so hot it could scald you easily...

Now is it 110 or 220 ?!? not sure but it does use propane to heat so maybe just 110.

Trading the rv in on new one with standard water heater and that is one of the concerns I have being so used to the full time hot water
Old 08-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
How can you "buy" a lot on leased land? The person who leases it doesn't own it and therefore cannot sell it. What am I missing here?
There are many cabins and homes owned on leased property in National Forest and other public lands. One of my friends owned and sold one such cabin outside of Creede, Colorado, near the headwaters of the Rio Grande. The leases are very long term, like 99 years. I assume the same is done on Indian lands.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:59 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
There are many cabins and homes owned on leased property in National Forest and other public lands.
Yes, you own the house or cabin, but not the lot it sits on. The subject was "buying a lot"... not a house/cabin and leasing the land. That was a bit confusing. See the OP.

Quote:
One of my friends owned and sold one such cabin outside of Creede, Colorado, near the headwaters of the Rio Grande. The leases are very long term, like 99 years. I assume the same is done on Indian lands.
But you still don't "own" the land. Aren't they the kind of leases that should something change, you have to move your house or cabin?
Old 08-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #24

We have a piece of property in Indiana with a nice RV parking pad and a garage. We have a full bath and washer/dryer/refrigerator in the garage. We installed a 12 gallon electric water heater and it works well for what we need. Daily showers and laundry. This is our home base when we are not traveling.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #25

I have had a french drain on my washer at home for decades. I recently installed a 25 foot flexible 4" pipe with a sock on it. It handles the effluent of the washer very well. I have it buried about 9" under the surface. We live in a sandy area of Florida. When installing and before covering it up I determined that only about half of the pipe was even getting wet. Keep in mind that the new EPA rules for washers (and everything else) limit the water usage. It used to be around 60 gallons a load years ago and is now down to 30 gallons and will be going down again as of the first of the year.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita View Post
We just bought an RV lot in Washington, it is on leased indian land.
We are not allowed to have a washer and dryer because we are on a septic system, we have to have it pumped yearly with normal usage, they said if we used the RV washer/dryer we would have to have it pumped monthly for about $275.00 a pump.
Check with whomever you bought from to see if your sewer is septic or plummed to the city sewers.

how would they know if you are using your washer and dryer, do it at night

Tags
purchase