Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2011, 10:43 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRoadie
Love the sleep number with a Tempedic 3" topper from Sam's Club... best sleep I ever had and beats the stickhouse $3,000.00 Tempurpedic Foam beast that must weigh close to a ton !

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2011, 01:14 AM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaRoadie View Post
Love the sleep number with a Tempedic 3" topper from Sam's Club... best sleep I ever had and beats the stickhouse $3,000.00 Tempurpedic Foam beast that must weigh close to a ton !
Thats prolly my next bed combo...

Old 04-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Thumbs up New RV Mattress

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSP1268 View Post
We just received the Good Sam's Highways Magazine and on page 22 is an article (review) about the TempFlow RV mattress from Relief Mart. It sounds interesting, especially since my DW does not like the mattress that came with the RV. We are interested if their claim is everything that it says it is. So our question is: Does anyone out there have one of these, are they what they say they are, and do you like or dislike yours? We would probably get the RV8000 model if we get one. All help would be appreciated.
Just wanted to give an update to the OP and anyone else who might be considering this mattress.
We recieved the Tempflow RV8000 mattress yesterday. First night sleep on the new mattress. Performed as advertised! Extemely comfortable, no movement felt from the DW, and no hot spots. A very light new mattress smell and only if I buried my nose in the mattress. The RV8000 does not weigh anymore than the inner spring mattress I removed. The hydraulic bed lifts still raise the bed with ease. I know the OP has ordered one as well.
The company, Relief Mart, was friendly and efficient. They promised delivery before the 1st of May and we got the mattress on the 29th of April.
I hope this review can be helpful.
SteveR161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
We just received the Good Sam's Highways Magazine and on page 22 is an article (review) about the TempFlow RV mattress from Relief Mart. It sounds interesting, especially since my DW does not like the mattress that came with the RV. We are interested if their claim is everything that it says it is. So our question is: Does anyone out there have one of these, are they what they say they are, and do you like or dislike yours? We would probably get the RV8000 model if we get one. All help would be appreciated.
Sorry, but if it says 'RV' anywhere, the price goes out of sight. We went to a local furniture store, found a memory foam matt for about $55. It was just a bit big for the RV bed, but DW is a good seamstress, so we undid the fabric, cut the matress, and she re-sewed it backup. It fits just fine, sleeps better than a 'sleep-number' bed and we got rid of the old RV mattress.

My suggestion, is to get a little creative !!

cheers

Callsign: KD8W
hamdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #19

Thank you very much for the update Steve.

I read that article about the RV8000 and was wondering how it was. We had a good COSTCO memory foam mattress's in our home so we recently purchased one for our fifth wheel. The newest one from COSTCO wasn't at all like the one we bought before and was much too firm for a memory foam mattress so we're taking it back. I'm glad the RV8000 worked out for you because it's also 3" thinner than the COSTCO mattress which was 12" thick and put my head in closer proximity to the overhead cabinets than I'm comfortable with.

I think I'll order an RV8000. Once again, thanks for taking the time to post your review.

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR161 View Post
Just wanted to give an update to the OP and anyone else who might be considering this mattress.
We recieved the Tempflow RV8000 mattress yesterday. First night sleep on the new mattress. Performed as advertised! Extemely comfortable, no movement felt from the DW, and no hot spots. A very light new mattress smell and only if I buried my nose in the mattress. The RV8000 does not weigh anymore than the inner spring mattress I removed. The hydraulic bed lifts still raise the bed with ease. I know the OP has ordered one as well.
The company, Relief Mart, was friendly and efficient. They promised delivery before the 1st of May and we got the mattress on the 29th of April.
I hope this review can be helpful.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #20

For some reason, I thought the price of that mattress was $699 until I reread the article. When I realized a queen size RV8000 was 1299.00 I had a change of heart. We found a local supplier of memory foam mattress's for $399. It was an 8" standard queen with 2" of memory foam. It felt pretty good and it was nice being able to lay on it before buying besides saving a lot of money to boot.

Found the economical memory foam mattress company on our local Craigs list.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #21
2LT

Triple E Owners Club
We were not happy with the brand new mattress on our new MH and were considering buying a new mattress. Instead I found a 3" foam topper on eBay for less than $60. Was able to cut a little off for a perfect fit. Made all the difference.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:45 AM   #22

We just got our RV8000 mattress too and it is everything it says it is. Yes it is a little pricey, but it is sure great to sleep on and was worth every penny. We would get one again. We have had the toppers and over time they are just not as comfortable as when they are new. If the mattress under the topper sags, so does the topper when you lay on it, thus defeating the purpose in the first place.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:46 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
We just got our RV8000 mattress too and it is everything it says it is. Yes it is a little pricey, but it is sure great to sleep on and was worth every penny. We would get one again. We have had the toppers and over time they are just not as comfortable as when they are new. If the mattress under the topper sags, so does the topper when you lay on it, thus defeating the purpose in the first place.
Glad you're enjoying the RV8000 as much as we are. We are 2 weeks in on the new mattress and have never slept better! With a 10 year unlimited and 30 year prorated warranty, it's the best mattress we've purchased yet. I still say you get what you pay for even if it says RV on it.
SteveR161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #24

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
And, if you must have a mattress that says 'rv', here are some cheaper alternatives:

Foam Mattress And Rv Search Results | Overstock.com
Thanks for that post! I just got my 4'' 3 lb mattress from overstock and it's great! I have a $500 memory foam on my house bed and love it. I was skeptical about a $77 mattress but took a chance. It's as good as my home one. It's light weight and supports us very well. $2.95 shipping and got it in 4 days. Even if it lasts only 2 years or so who cares? Here is the one I bought:
Slumber Solutions Highloft Supreme 4-inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper | Overstock.com
Old 03-24-2014, 07:50 AM   #25

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Relief-Mart
I bought one and it's the worse mattress I have every had.
I did return it to get a different model, both where like sleeping
on a rock. After a very short time the dip started appearing.
I'M 200,dw 130it happened on both sides.
I called them about not being satisfied and
wanted money back.
They never would contact me. The supervisor was never there.
The first mattress was the top of the line and I exchange for next one down.
When first buying they had told me a price difference, but wouldn't give me one.
My feeling the company is a rip off.
WORSE MATTRESS I HAVE EVER HAD
Old 03-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #26

Thor Owners Club
If they wont give your money back drop the mattress of at the front door of the business you bought it from with a bow around it and a letter telling them its a POS.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:56 AM   #27

Go to Sleepys Mattress and pay the $$$ for one of the natural ones. You can negotiate a lower price as we did. It is ideal for the RV and we bought a Kingsize for the house also. You spend 2 hrs a day in a car and spend upwards of 30K on it and won't spend 500-1000 on a mattress you spend 1/3 of a 24 hr periiod on? I bought a 14K bedroom suite from Hardwood Artesians just for that reason.
Carolina Radiant AirGel Plush Mattress - CM3002 Sleepys will back up what they sell!
Old 03-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #28

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
The mattress cost around $2500