Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2018, 08:44 AM   #1

Question RV Mattress Suggestion!

The mattress that came stock with our motorhome is not very comfortable. It's too firm so that I can not sleep well on it. Anyone suggest me with a great value mattress short queen? Look forward to your replies and a comfortable night sleep!
Taylor90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2018, 09:00 AM   #2

I have bought two mattresses from Amazon, one a short queen the other a queen. Memory foam for around $250.
ktn1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:40 AM   #3

Sometimes, just a memory foam mattress topper does the job.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:59 AM   #4

Those factory mattresses are rough. On our last two RVs, we just purchased a 3-4" mattress topper from Costco which can be cut to size easily and toss that on the factory mattress. You'll be surprised how much better it is, and you don't have to spend the money on a new mattress. Plus, you can still access the storage under the bed if you have it. With a residential mattress, it won't bend and allow the lid to come up. The topper will.
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I would recommend the 2" natural latex topper from the company below. It is 100% pure latex, no additives to smell or make you sick! They will cut it to your specifications. They give a 100 day full refund satisfaction warranty! You'll think you are on a high-priced mattress!

https://sleeponlatex.com/products/na...attress-topper
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:11 AM   #6

We put a memory foam topper on ours, made a big difference.
2015 GMC Denali 3500 SRW CC SWB
Stever53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #7

We have a sleep number, wife likes soft, I lake firm, it is the best of both worlds. She sets her side to 35 and I set mine to 75, we both enjoy a good night sleep
Tradition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:38 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor90 View Post
The mattress that came stock with our motorhome is not very comfortable. It's too firm so that I can not sleep well on it. Anyone suggest me with a great value mattress short queen? Look forward to your replies and a comfortable night sleep!

If you are lucky and have a std RV Short queen there are a lot of options, our Hurricane had a Thor King that was special for Thor. We went to a local mattress company "Custom Comfort" and bought a custom for $750. We no longer have trouble sleeping.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktn1966 View Post
I have bought two mattresses from Amazon, one a short queen the other a queen. Memory foam for around $250.
Which brand is your short queen mattress? Is is comfortable to sleep on?
Old 03-13-2018, 08:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropthejacks View Post
Those factory mattresses are rough. On our last two RVs, we just purchased a 3-4" mattress topper from Costco which can be cut to size easily and toss that on the factory mattress. You'll be surprised how much better it is, and you don't have to spend the money on a new mattress. Plus, you can still access the storage under the bed if you have it. With a residential mattress, it won't bend and allow the lid to come up. The topper will.
A mattress topper would be a great solution. Actually, I bought one mattress topper from Costco 2 years ago for my bedroom. We got a new mattress that turned out to be too hard for my wife back. We first tried a soft latex topper that turned out to be too soft (we should have ordered a firmer one). Because we wanted one that didn't off-gas harmful chemicals, we were happy to see this one offered on Costco as we have had such good luck with the quality of Costco's products. It has turned out to be perfect. The cover keeps it in place as it tucks under mattress. Unlike a lot of people, we like memory foam as it is warm in our cold bedroom unlike the latex one. But for my RV, I am still looking for a good replacement for the factory mattress.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I would recommend the 2" natural latex topper from the company below. It is 100% pure latex, no additives to smell or make you sick! They will cut it to your specifications. They give a 100 day full refund satisfaction warranty! You'll think you are on a high-priced mattress!

https://sleeponlatex.com/products/na...attress-topper
I did bought one but maybe it was too soft for us
Old 03-13-2018, 08:31 AM   #12

My friend suggested me to go for Classic Brands Cool Gel. He already researched for 6 months to buy a suitable mattress for his camper. Finally he decided to buy that one on Amazon after reading some detailed reviews about best RV mattress short queen size on the Internet (https://outdoorfact.com/best-RV-mattress-short-queen). He is very satisfied with this mattress since there is very limited motion transfer when his wife moves in the night. He even replaced his old $2000 mattress on his bed with one of these. So I am quite convinced with this product.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:43 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
I have had expensive topper's on the bed......work better.....last summer I broke down and ordered a Air Bed From https://www.personalcomfortbed.com/n...ssic-series/a2
and to complete the Air Bed at home and now in the Coach, ordered a set of "My Pillow's"........simply the best ever night's sleep I have ever had! Worth every penny....
I look forward to going to bed!!!!
I am at the point in my life where money spent on sleep is without a doubt Priceless! and wish I had spent the money earlier in my life......
Old 03-13-2018, 10:33 AM   #14

Same here our 6" mattress that came with our RV was terrible. Bought a 3" Gel Foam topper at Aldi's for $120 and what an incredible difference! Probably saved me from going the high dollar mattress replacement route. Make sure if you go the foam topper route it is Cool Gel Foam. Otherwise the regular foam toppers and mattresses are hot.
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mattress