Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2016, 04:49 AM   #1

RV Mechanic needed in Connecticut near Brookfield

Hi I am brand new here and still have no idea how to navigate this site, we are almost first time RV buyers and we need to find a reputable and knowledgeable RV mechanic near Brookfield Connecticut to go over a 2004 Winnebago class A 35U Adventurer with 38 thousand miles that we want to purchase. I originally wanted the owner to take it to the nearest (80 miles) Winnebago dealer in Kingston NY(Camping world) for the 45 point check but after reading literally hundreds of negative horror stories about them I wouldn't go near one now. We had dreams of joining the RV community but those poor peoples stories scared me so much I am actually now VERY VERY afraid to purchase this RV or any RV for that matter if we are going to be treated as badly as the people in those stories. So if anyone out there can help us find a mechanic that does the right thing by his clients and is reliable and honest it would be greatly greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!
NIN-aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2016, 07:15 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Most of the time if you do an internet search using the key words, "RV doctor" or "RV mobile mechanic", you can find one nearby. If you are a AAA member try asking them. Or contact an RV dealer near you and ask if they can provide some one who has inspection service experience.

Best of luck and Happy Trails!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:27 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Try Rick's rv repair and service,bolton ct.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 04:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid rick View Post
Try Rick's rv repair and service,bolton ct.
Hi Rick, I could not find Ricks RV Repair and Service in Bolton CT, all I could find was Ricks RV repair in Columbia, CT. I really appreciate your help so much. Unfortunately neither town is near where the RV is in Brookfield, CT. I should mention we live on Long Island, NY and am not familiar with Connecticut at all. Do you know of any RV mechanics closer to Brookfield by any chance? Thank you very much!
Old 01-30-2016, 04:44 PM   #5

Hi Tony thank you so much for your help, I should mention part of our problem is we live on Long island and am not familiar with Connecticut at all. Even if I could find online an RV mechanic near Brookfield Ct I have no idea if they are reputable and I feel like I am going in blind so to speak, that's why I was hoping for a recommendation from someone here that has actually been using the mechanic they recommend. And one that is not too far from Brookfield because the owner is very busy and doesn't have a lot of time to take a whole day off and drive the RV 100 miles or so to a mechanic. I really appreciate any other advise you can give me. Big thanks!
Old 01-30-2016, 05:06 PM   #6

Hi Tony, ok we did what you said on the internet search, and we just got a list of Bus & RV repair centers near Brookfield, Ct. Luckily there seem to be quite a few, but now how do we choose one without a recommendation we are wondering?? Thanks!
Old 01-31-2016, 05:44 AM   #7
RV LIFE Support Team

Are any of the listed on rvservicereviews.com? That might be a good starting point?

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:06 AM   #8

Daves rv in Danbury. I know nothing about them but have purchased some parts there.Dave's RV Center, 2 Industrial Plaza Road, Danbury, CT, Bay Star, Canyon Star, Ventana, Dutch Star, RV, Class A, Class C, Travel Trailer, Parts
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:22 AM   #9

Thanks very much Sue & Tom, I really appreciate your help, ok I checked the RVservicereview site and none of the mechanic's on my list (which is nearest to Brookfield) is listed.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:14 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
If you live on Long Island why are you looking for a mechanic in CT.? Why not look on Long Island?

I live there also but have yet to get my coach... picking it up in a few weeks.

I can't say anything about quality work but I do know there are a few places around that have been around for many years. The closest Winnie/Itasca dealer is in NJ - colonial

Looking forward to reading what you come up with.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBobbo View Post
If you live on Long Island why are you looking for a mechanic in CT.? Why not look on Long Island?

I live there also but have yet to get my coach... picking it up in a few weeks.

I can't say anything about quality work but I do know there are a few places around that have been around for many years. The closest Winnie/Itasca dealer is in NJ - colonial

Looking forward to reading what you come up with.
The MH is in CT., not on Long Island.

I wouldn't want to pay the travel time for a Long Island guy to go to CT. to look over a MH.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:37 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Point taken. It sure would be nice to have the mechanic that will work on it evaluate it.

Good luck with your purchase!