Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
RV/MH Museum and Hall of Fame

Calling all vintage RV/Motorhome owners to join up as Life Members of the RV/MH Hall of Fame in Elkhart, Indiana.

When my wife and I read Bob Livingston’s eye opening comments in the August OnRamp in MotorHome Magazine (see MotorHome Magazine -- Motorhome Reviews - RV Camping) about the current financial situation of the RV/MH Hall of Fame in Elkhart, Indiana, we were surprised and amazed, for two reasons. First, we had just visited this world-class museum, library and Hall of Fame that is completely dedicated to America’s unique RV life style and the industry leaders that make it all possible. Second, we were surprised to learn about the troubled, but improving financial status of this impressive institution, as it was not obvious during our visit. We spent two days touring the remarkable displays and researching our vintage 1983 Apollo Sceptre motorhome in its expansive library. We spent time getting to know the staff and volunteers that have dedicated their lives to preserving the history of manufactured RV’s dating back over a century. Bob stated that “Keeping the Hall alive is a big deal” and we agree, so we wanted do more than just have paid our entry fee and signed the visitor book. We contacted Al Hesselbart, the resident historian and ask what could the average RV enthusiast do to help keep the doors open at this one of a kind RV shrine. His response was simple and extremely effective, he said, “You can become a lifetime member of the RV/MH Hall of Fame.” It turns out that it is very affordable to be a life member of the Hall of Fame, especially if you sign up for the “couples” membership and/or are a Good Sam member. Single lifetime membership is $55, couple’s membership is $75, and both are reduced to $40 and $55 respectively if you are a member of Good Sam and it is tax deductible. We immediately signed up for the couple’s membership and we are encouraging all Apollo motorhome owners to do the same. It is as easy as visiting the HOF website at RV/MH Hall of Fame - Museum - Library - Conference Center or calling the HOF at 800-378-8694. Tax-deductible donations are also welcome. If RV’ing and ventage RV's are an important part of your and your families lives and you have the means, please consider our plea and sign up today! Please pass this request onto others and any other RV web sites you use.

Semper Fi, Dennis and Cheryl DeNoi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wwre 063 copy.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	23743   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA260105.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	23744  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV/MH Hall of Fame & Museum

Dennis & Cheryl,

I concur completely! Carole & I just visited the RV Museum recently and were also very impressed with the professionalism of the displays. The collection of vintage RV's is really something to see.

The only negative comment I have is the lack of a well stocked souvenir store! Not many "RV Museum" souvenirs, and only a few Large floppy hats with logo. I am sure they could raise more funds with a well stocked store.

Other than that, I wish we could have stayed in Indiana at least one more day before moving on to Chicago.

We will definitely sign up for the Life Membership.

For those of you anywhere near Elkhart/Bristol, Indiana, go visit this terrific institution.

Happy Trails!

Darryl

Old 07-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Dear Darryl and Carole, we can't thank you enough for your quick support of the RV HOF and hope that you will pass this mission on to others. We also agree about the HOF gift shop, we will talk to the folks there and see what can be done to improve that situation. Again, thanks for your support of the RV/MH Hall of Fame. Semper Fi, Dennis and Cheryl
Old 08-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to blacktruck
Thumbs up Found it

New RV owner here. Just found the museum website. It is on my list of places to visit in the motorhome. Heck of a bargain price too. This should be promoted for all to see. This is something that in my humble opinion is worth donating to and helping out. Gotta get back to the US to make the trip. One day soon.
Thanks for posting about this place. I had not heard or read anything at all about it before.
Ken
Old 08-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ken, thanks for your support, your right, the MH/RV Museum and Hall of Fame is a must see for any true RV buff. Please pass this request onto any other clubs, blogs, web sites and/or friends that you know and think may support this cause. I see that you are overseas, are you currently in the military, I am a retired marine and wish you all the best in your service to this great Nation. Semper Fi, Dennis and Cheryl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003_3_01.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	24417  
Old 08-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Hi Dennis and Cheryl and thanks for the report on the museum. We will join up very soon. When I was looking at this thread and noticed that beautiful Appolo Sceptre, I thought to myself.............I've seen that rig up close and personal not too long ago. Yep, parked at the rock pile facing the beautiful Gulf water at Sigsbee, Key West!

Dee and I hope that your travels have been safe and enjoyable. As you know, we have a new grand daughter and hope that we can meet up with you folks some day.

Bob
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:17 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to blacktruck
Thumbs up From the other side..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfort View Post
Ken, thanks for your support, your right, the MH/RV Museum and Hall of Fame is a must see for any true RV buff. Please pass this request onto any other clubs, blogs, web sites and/or friends that you know and think may support this cause. I see that you are overseas, are you currently in the military, I am a retired marine and wish you all the best in your service to this great Nation. Semper Fi, Dennis and Cheryl
Thanks Dennis and Cheryl
I'm a retired 1SG from the Army. Somebody thought I knew a little something about this stuff and made me a good offer so now I'm on the civilian travel plan. A little different pay scale but remarkably similiar in every other detail. I have always been into classic vehicles and when I decided to get a motorhome, I went looking for the same. Ended up with an 89 Elandan. I took my daughters and grandsons on our first RV trip in it during my last R&R. It was awesome. Might go that way on my next one. Thanks for promoting it. The website is great, I'm sure the museum is too.
All the best to you folks...
Ken
Old 08-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #8
KAS

WOW that IS a good deal on the lifetime membership. I'm going to bookmark the website and plan for us to stop there on the next trip going that direction.

Love museums, this is gonna be fun!

And I am itching to hit the road more and more the longer I hang out in this forum.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hello Ken, thanks for the info, make sure you stay safe over there and hurry home to enjoy your hard earned retirement. Again, thanks for supporting the HoF.

Semper Fi, Dennis DeNoi, MSgt, USMC (Ret.)
Old 08-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
KAS, thank you for the support and Cheryl and I hope you get to hit the road soon. We just completed a 6 month trip around the country-about 10,000 miles. The HoF was one of the greatest highlights of the whole trip. Please pass along this request to other RV'ers you know. S/F, Dennis
Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #11

This place truly is great. I remember I was talking to them about having our old Jayco on display there...then Jayco chimed in and wanted it to add to their own collection. In the end, we just couldn't part with it.

this place is a must-see for any RV lover.
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
OK...What is the story with the airlift photos?
Old 08-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Don, the photos of our 1983 Apollo Sceptre were taken a few years ago at the Wings, Wheels and Rotors Air Show at the Joint Forces Training Base Los Alamitos in SoCal. We staged the photo op to tease our friends, as they were giving us a hard time for coming out of early retirement to work for the DoD's Employer Support Guard of the Guard and Reserve (esgr.mil). The caption that went with the photos read-Don't feel bad for us going back to work for the DoD, we can still weekend in the Fla. Keys in our RV....
The photos were taken at the end of the air show, we used our vintage RV as the ESGR both during the air show. If you are looking for an outstanding volunteer opportunity and want to serve your country checkout esgr.mil. Semper Fi, Dennis and Cheryl DeNoi, California ESGR Volunteers
Old 08-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Dennis I sent you a link regarding some Apollo's for sale after which I found this thread...I'll include them for anyone else interested Apollo rv for sale - Yakaz For sale