Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2016, 05:51 PM   #15

It's more about preventative maintenance then where it's stored.

Yearly roof inspection is a necessity no matter where it's stored. With the paint that modern coaches are getting they hold up really well to the sun, it's just the roof that needs attention, caulk inspection yearly.

I paid $100 a month for indoor storage vs free outdoor parking.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2016, 06:48 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
We store ours inside more for security than weather, but weather was part of the decision, hate winterizing. Doubtful that I would have spent the money just to get out of the weather.

My guess is storing it inside climate controlled is better but certainly not necessary. As already posted, keep up the preventative maintenance and life will be good.

I travel a good bit for work and wife was afraid that the absence of the MH sitting in the driveway would tip off burglars. With it inside no one would ever know if it's here or gone.

Added a garage to our existing garage. Maintain temps at 70 year round. Nice to be able to back in, hook up to water, sewer and 50 amp. Dump and flush tanks.

No matter the weather outside we can always load and unload in comfortable 70 degrees year round.

As far as rodent protection, I think mice are a problem indoors or outside. If you have mice outside they will find a way inside. Being inside definitely stops the raccoons and other large creatures.

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:15 AM   #17

Thanks for all the feed back. If anyone knows a nice place in the Cincinnati area to store a RV/MH please let me know!!
Old 07-05-2016, 11:24 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
One other thing to consider on indoor storage is if you are in a farm setting mice can be a problem inside.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:28 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillerman7 View Post
Thanks for all the feed back. If anyone knows a nice place in the Cincinnati area to store a RV/MH please let me know!!
Fairfield Fairgrounds offers indoor storage during the off season (winter).

My friend stores his near Fairfield indoors, I'll ask him where.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:46 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Just heard back from friend, here is the contact info for indoor storage near Cincinnati

Gary Logan
(513) 348-3867
Old 07-08-2016, 07:41 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Just heard back from friend, here is the contact info for indoor storage near Cincinnati

Gary Logan
(513) 348-3867
Sadly, this is not a 24hr lot. He is only there on Saturdays. :(
Old 07-08-2016, 12:49 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Sadly, this is not a 24hr lot. He is only there on Saturdays. :(
Only works Saturdays I want that job.

Did you try the fairgrounds?
Old 07-09-2016, 09:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Only works Saturdays I want that job.

Did you try the fairgrounds?
The fairgrounds isn't 24hr access either. In fact they only allow storage during the off season, or so I was told. I have found some inside storage, but not climate controlled. Guess that's still better than nothing.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:10 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
The fairgrounds isn't 24hr access either. In fact they only allow storage during the off season, or so I was told. I have found some inside storage, but not climate controlled. Guess that's still better than nothing.
There is a Place in Carlisle, sorry can't remember the name, I'll look what I drive by. The have covered, indoor and outdoor. I used their covered before building the garage here at home. There was a waiting list back then for indoor. I'll get the number for you. It doesn't want to show on Google search, I'll have to drive by.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:20 AM   #25
KC

We store ours in a covered storage area, 65 per month.

KC
Old 07-10-2016, 06:01 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
There is a Place in Carlisle, sorry can't remember the name, I'll look what I drive by. The have covered, indoor and outdoor. I used their covered before building the garage here at home. There was a waiting list back then for indoor. I'll get the number for you. It doesn't want to show on Google search, I'll have to drive by.
The one in Carlisle is Affordable RV/Boat Storage (937) 478-7321 on Osprey Lane. Huge facility easy to maneuver. 24/7with gate card access.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:17 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Indoor storage is the only way to go!
Old 07-11-2016, 08:04 AM   #28

Quote:
The one in Carlisle is Affordable RV/Boat Storage (937) 478-7321 on Osprey Lane. Huge facility easy to maneuver. 24/7with gate card access.
Just called and there are no spots available.

Tags
storage