Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2019, 05:26 PM   #99

Okay Miss Breezy....I’m thinking a little decorating is just what you and your animals need!

How about some lights around their little fence?

Maybe a wreath in the front or back?

I just finished mine and heeeeeeerrrrrreeeee it is!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7382.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	645.4 KB
ID:	269383
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2019, 06:39 AM   #100

Love it!!

I love it!!! It looks great!!! Yup, making i should go decorate the girls fence lol....

hmmm....let me put some thought into it and see what i come up with... today is suppose to be high 30's so my plan is to flush tanks, fill fresh water, and apparently decorate lol

Thanks for the pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMoot View Post
Okay Miss Breezy....I’m thinking a little decorating is just what you and your animals need!

Attachment 269383
Miss Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:18 PM   #101

I'm WAITING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Breezy View Post
I love it!!! It looks great!!! Yup, making i should go decorate the girls fence lol....

hmmm....let me put some thought into it and see what i come up with... today is suppose to be high 30's so my plan is to flush tanks, fill fresh water, and apparently decorate lol

Thanks for the pic
Miss Breezy...."I'm WAITING!"

LOL! Sorry...couldn't help myself!

Well, I hope you were able to find some lights and make the 'kids' happy!

So, our Sunday was similar to yours as we had to do chores on the RV.

However, when I dumped the tanks, there was a small problem....the place we dump is a home-made setup and I'm not sure it's working correctly....or there's a BIG time clog. (Yup..ugh)

This happened the 1st time and I mentioned it to the landlord, but we never got around to really looking at things, but here's what's happening.

I 1st dump the black tank...once it's done, close the valve and dump the gray tank. Meantime, I refill the black tank to about 3/4 and then dump it again. That's the ONLY way I can get all the uhmm, stuff out.

So everything was going along fine, but when I dumped the refilled black tank all the water poured out and then STOPPED and the two black BIG buckets that our landlord has buried in the ground started leaking..uhm..water out their lids. YUCK!

Not sure how to explain what he did, but when you look at the picture of my RV's setup you'll see two buckets, one's black and the other is a small white kitchen garbage can. Well that big black one is the same kind that's in the ground.

He said the 1st one, the one I dump into has a pipe about half way up into the 2nd one, and then that has a pipe that drains down into the septic tank.

So there must be some kind of a blockage.

So what I had to do was close the black tank valve, and waited 30 minutes, by that time the hose had drained, and then I opened the valve again, and again, had to close it and wait another 30 minutes. So...not sure what the answer will be, and honestly I think we'll only need to dump 2 more times before we leave to go back into the rental house, so I'm thinking we'll just leave it for a summer time maintenance window. Too cold to even THINK about messing with it!

BTW: It looks like we're having to dump every 12 days...more or less. That's two people. Hmm, seems like a lot.

So there you go...that's how our day went. Hope yours went better AND you were able to get the lights up.

I even bought a pine tree scented candle! PERFECT!

Later.
Old 12-16-2019, 10:49 PM   #102

No lights yet

No lights yet, got busy with taking youngest grandson to see Santa and them cooking Sunday dinner for my son. Being Italian, Sunday dinners are usually a big ordeal. First time I have made linguine with clam sauce and Italian style steak and all the trimmings in the camper lol was interesting but challenge accepted and successful!

Your drain problem sounds not so good. I am only using one 55 gallon drum for my septic but have several small drain holes in it half way up so only the liquid flows out letting the waste break down in the bottom more. I dump every 7-10 days depending on weather. If I see it’s going to be warmer I dump more often but never if the tank is under 3/4 full

I haven’t had an issue so far (fingers crossed) but I am being over cautious. I tend to fill my toilet full of water before flushing. Although I have to refill my fresh water more often, water is our friend when it comes to black tank. It helps to break down quicker. Are you using RV toilet paper and chemical in black tank?

When I dump, I put in my chemical first the with a gallon of water. I also went out the other day and bought a wand, as my sensors aren’t always accurate. They are handy with the clean out. I have read if your having problems with the black tank to fill it completely with water and let it sit for 24 hours, then dump and flush. Also once it is drained, you can dump down 5 gallons of warm water and let it sit in the tank to help lose. Any blockage.

Maybe one of these tricks will help. Unless landlord didn’t do make shift septic correct. Sounds like he did especially using two tanks ( I only used one) unless the grade isn’t right for drainage. Ugh, hope you figure it out. Keep me posted

Quote:
Miss Breezy...."I'm WAITING!"

LOL! Sorry...couldn't help myself!

Well, I hope you were able to find some lights and make the 'kids' happy!

So, our Sunday was similar to yours as we had to do chores on the RV.

However, when I dumped the tanks, there was a small problem....the place we dump is a home-made setup and I'm not sure it's working correctly....or there's a BIG time clog. (Yup..ugh)

This happened the 1st time and I mentioned it to the landlord, but we never got around to really looking at things, but here's what's happening.

I 1st dump the black tank...once it's done, close the valve and dump the gray tank. Meantime, I refill the black tank to about 3/4 and then dump it again. That's the ONLY way I can get all the uhmm, stuff out.

So everything was going along fine, but when I dumped the refilled black tank all the water poured out and then STOPPED and the two black BIG buckets that our landlord has buried in the ground started leaking..uhm..water out their lids. YUCK!

Not sure how to explain what he did, but when you look at the picture of my RV's setup you'll see two buckets, one's black and the other is a small white kitchen garbage can. Well that big black one is the same kind that's in the ground.

He said the 1st one, the one I dump into has a pipe about half way up into the 2nd one, and then that has a pipe that drains down into the septic tank.

So there must be some kind of a blockage.

So what I had to do was close the black tank valve, and waited 30 minutes, by that time the hose had drained, and then I opened the valve again, and again, had to close it and wait another 30 minutes. So...not sure what the answer will be, and honestly I think we'll only need to dump 2 more times before we leave to go back into the rental house, so I'm thinking we'll just leave it for a summer time maintenance window. Too cold to even THINK about messing with it!

BTW: It looks like we're having to dump every 12 days...more or less. That's two people. Hmm, seems like a lot.

So there you go...that's how our day went. Hope yours went better AND you were able to get the lights up.

I even bought a pine tree scented candle! PERFECT!

Later.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #103

Brrrrrr

Well, just thought i would update you on our weather!

You know its cold when your local News refers to the day as "Brutal"! lol!!!

I can say, i am thankful that it is at the very least sunny, but we are at a -3 windchill at Noon here in the mitten...

Miss Breezy is holding her own..everything is working and not froze, although me and the dogs are on cuddle alert....so far so good

Quote:

Attachment 269383
Old 12-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Breezy View Post
Well, just thought i would update you on our weather!

You know its cold when your local News refers to the day as "Brutal"! lol!!!

I can say, i am thankful that it is at the very least sunny, but we are at a -3 windchill at Noon here in the mitten...

Miss Breezy is holding her own..everything is working and not froze, although me and the dogs are on cuddle alert....so far so good
NICE! ugh...MINUS THREE?!! Yuck! I don't think our rig would handle those kinds of temperatures.

Last night I had the clever idea of putting one of our down quilts next to the wall as I can feel the coldness coming through. (I sleep on the jackknife couch which is right next to the window) BIG difference! And if I do get cold (which I haven't since my wife has the thermostat CRANKED!) I can just pull it over me. Works great! The things we learn.

Jeepers..this morning I turned on the TV (on low..don't want to wake the DW..it's amazing how SMALL these RV's feel sometimes, and other times WAY BIG!..like when you're parking!)..anyway, the weather report was on for Spokane and it was like, "BIG STORM COMING!!! ONE TO TWELVE INCHES OF SNOW!!" Wait a minute..1 to 12? That's kind of a big window...lol! Then when I checked weather.com it's like "chance of snow, accumulation of 1 inch, giving way to rain later in the day"..really? Man..I think the TV just likes to make a big show out of everything.

But would I like 12 inches of snow? YOU BET!! Then for SURE we'd have a white Christmas!! WOOYOO!

Thanks for the update Miss Breezy...don't forget to pick up those lights to decorate the 'kids' fence...I KNOW they'd appreciate it! LOL!

Stay warm!
Old 12-22-2019, 09:23 PM   #105

I just added an outlet and switch near the floor under my breaker panel. There is a void down there where a blob of wires penetrate the floor. Its location makes it handy for plugging in Vacum, another kitchen appliance, or a small heater. It is on the same circuit with the microwave (it was a dedicated circuit). At night, we now plug in a small 1500W heater. We know not to run the microwave when any heating appliance is on and plugged there. Im pretty sure the breakers are 20 Amp (not going out to look tonight) and I ran a short stub of AWG 12 wire.

On our last two trips we ran TWO 1500w heaters when needed, one up front and one from my new outlet with heater directed at the bedroom. Did not have a problem with breakers or hot outlets. We saved a lot of propane not running the furnace.

Both heaters are thermostat controlled and both also have a hi/lo element setting. I have used both hi and lo settings.

Biggest problem is the thermostats on those little heaters are crap. One of us got up several times during the night and on a cold day to fine-adjust the thermostat when it got too hot or cold. Needs remote bluetooth or wireless control driven from the furnace thermostat - one of my ROUNDTUIT projects.
evofxdwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:10 PM   #106

You might want to pull the cover of your AC breaker panel and verify all connections. I had a loose connection on the bus bar. Caught it before it did some real damage.
Just make sure the power is off when checking of course!
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags