Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Well there's your answer. If they want to see a picture of your >10 yo coach, send them Ronnie's picture.
jplante4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2014, 12:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcumminsw View Post
Most camp grounds that have this rule also state they will let you camp there upon inspection.
Jim W.
Jim
I can't believe that anyone would think about staying in a park that wants to inspect their coach before they will rent them a campsite.
BTW, in less than two years my coach will be 20 years old, I wonder if it will have to be inspected twice.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #17
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
This thread comes up every few months and people get all offended by what they perceive as an arrogant attitude. It's just a TOOL used to keep out undesirables. Our litigious society forces campground owners to jump through the same hoops that apartment owners go through to evict the low life who don't/won't pay rent.

By having this rule, they can prevent rolling meth labs and piles of junk from staying in their park and then having to go through an eviction process to get rid of them.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
With our old rig we would tell them it was a 1985 model and they would say that was too old. Then we would tell them it was an Airstream and they would say come on in.

It's all about how it looks. Lots of old junk out there.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:35 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
This thread comes up every few months and people get all offended by what they perceive as an arrogant attitude. It's just a TOOL used to keep out undesirables. Our litigious society forces campground owners to jump through the same hoops that apartment owners go through to evict the low life who don't/won't pay rent.

By having this rule, they can prevent rolling meth labs and piles of junk from staying in their park and then having to go through an eviction process to get rid of them.
Exactly. We had this mess sitting next to us in a pretty nice RV park this past summer. No tow vehicle during four days. Three people and two barking dogs living in it. Loud music. Food left out on the table overnight and they'd just sit down and start eating it again the next day.

The RV park was pretty full up or I would have complained and requested to move. Needless to say we kept everything inside and locked up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7102.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	420.5 KB
ID:	81423   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7109.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	81424  

aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:35 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I can understand why many RV parks have this rule in place. In my travels around this part of FL. you see all kind of junky RV's on the road, usually dirty, boards over some of the windows and other things.
I have never had them question the age of the unit, if it clean and well taken care pretty sure you won't have any problems.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLman2 View Post
I can understand why many RV parks have this rule in place. In my travels around this part of FL. you see all kind of junky RV's on the road, usually dirty, boards over some of the windows and other things.
I have never had them question the age of the unit, if it clean and well taken care pretty sure you won't have any problems.
I resemble that remark.
It's lucky that I had enough money to buy those boards or you would be commenting about my 1 broken and 2 missing windows.
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:59 PM   #22

Mid Atlantic Campers
The park we stayed at in Phoenix that had that rule was a supposed "resort" that blew out two of my water hoses with excessive pressure, wanted us to wear name tags all the time, and didn't even have a pool open much less any activities other than their golf course and pickle ball at night. Good thing we were staying to visit relatives as they were completely RV ignorant otherwise. Should have been named "El Ripoff".
Old 12-19-2014, 02:11 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Have to draw the line somewhere. "No shirt, no shoes, no service".

Some folks take pride in owning and maintaining their older rigs. Others not so much, to them it is just a place to hang their hat and have a sleep. With todays discrimination laws it is just something to give the owner a handle on keeping out the folks who do not maintain their rigs, and likely are tough to get the rent from.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:18 PM   #24

I guess they just don't want someone with a portable meth lab moving in.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:20 PM   #25

Plenty of older units look nicer than some of the new ones. I mostly stay in state parks which have no rules and I am amazed at what people use for an RV, and how they conduct themselves during their stay. I pretty much let it all pass, but I can appreciate parks that have their restrictions.

I have just spent the last few days "gusing up" my 14 year old unit (wash, wax, ...), and it looks great and little different from the 2012 units. I would be surprised if it got turned away from a place with an age limitation.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:55 PM   #26

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
I resemble that remark.
It's lucky that I had enough money to buy those boards or you would be commenting about my 1 broken and 2 missing windows.
Mel, you still have that window air conditioner that's hanging by a thread?
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:07 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Here is a state by state list of "Class A only" Resorts.........Most of them have a age limit rule......or ask for a photo to be emailed to them.......My Coach is 15 this coming year.......never been turned down yet
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Class A Resorts only.pdf (35.7 KB, 130 views)
Old 12-19-2014, 05:08 PM   #28
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"mel s".....Someone's going to take you seriously! On that note....I have some old window glass I can ship you.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote