Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-20-2014, 12:14 PM   #43
Originally Posted by jimcumminsw View Post
What is wrong with a tune rig????

I had an issue with my neighbor next door to me two years ago at a public park in OH. It was a women's long weekend and they would stay up till all hours of the night talking extremely load and playing their music all night. Sleep in till the afternoon and start all over again the next day. Will I ask them to hold it down to a slight roar but to no avail!!! Will pay back is a
_ _ _ _ _.

I started my truck on Sunday at 8:00 AM; turn up the high idle to 1500RPM and turned on the exhaust brake. Since it is tuned up truck the Exhaust brake sounds like a high pitch jet engine running. Sat and IDLED the truck has I went about and broke camp, they did wake up that morning real early for them.

Jim W.

oh wait, let me show you and the adjoining area that i can be more obnoxious then you, and not only that, but i can knock my engine life in the head at the same time.

how about everyone do what they need in the least intrusive way

laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2014, 10:06 AM   #44
Winnebago Owners Club
The park we are in (Marin RV Park, Greenbrae CA) has in fhe fine print something about age. I thnink it's 15 years. If it is that old they will look at it and you can stay 2 weeks. If it's younger you can stay longer. I have never really taken the time to read but I bet ist's there in most parks.

Beak12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #45
Not to worry, there are plenty of nice campgrounds that want your business, (and your $$).
BTW, I simply can't understand why anyone with an ounce of pride would subject themselves to the humiliation of an inspection.
'96 Safari
mel s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:37 AM   #46
Winnebago Owners Club
I approach them all as if they will let me in. I keep the exterior and DW keeps the interior looking like new.

If they look at my unit and decide they need to do an inspection what they can see from the office is what they will get. Only guys I will let inspect the inside is the border security guys if they want to.
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #47
Who was it said they wouldn't want to belong to any club that would allow him in as a member.
Tony Lee - International Grey Nomad. Picasa Album - Travel Map
RVs. USA - Airstream Cutter; in Australia - MC8 40' DIY Coach conversion & OKA 4x4 MH; in Germany - Hobby Class C; in S America - F350 with 2500 10.6 Bigfoot camper
Tony Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:30 PM   #48
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My Motorhome is always eight years old ! Bless their Hearts !
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:47 PM   #49
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by Walt Bennett View Post
The park we stayed at in Phoenix that had that rule was a supposed "resort" that blew out two of my water hoses with excessive pressure, wanted us to wear name tags all the time, and didn't even have a pool open much less any activities other than their golf course and pickle ball at night. Good thing we were staying to visit relatives as they were completely RV ignorant otherwise. Should have been named "El Ripoff".
"Excessive pressure" is due to the water system, not the parks rules. In over 55 years of RV'ing I've never blown out a water hose as I use a Watts pressure reducer.

I assume that you went someplace else then?
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:24 AM   #50
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
Who was it said they wouldn't want to belong to any club that would allow him in as a member.
Groucho Marx said it (he may've been the first), then later Woody Allan.
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:31 AM   #51
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Originally Posted by Falcon190 View Post
Groucho Marx said it (he may've been the first), then later Woody Allan.
And didn't Woody quote Groucho?

So you wouldn't want to be in one of the restrictive campgrounds that would let you in.

I've yet to run across a restriction, but there have been some campgrounds that were too snooty for me (and some that were too "earthy").
Larry & Cheryl Oscar, Louie, Ranger & Henry (our Springers)
2010 Allegro RED 38QBA "Harvey"
2009 Honda Element "Towster"
PushedAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:09 PM   #52
Have to draw the line somewhere. "No shirt, no shoes, no service".
Except for females then it's "No Shirt, Free Beer"!!
2013 Columbus 3600TH
2015 GMC 3500 Denali TV
Toys: Victory Cross Country Tour and Victory Vegas 8-Ball
V-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #53
Boy, I sure hope that WalMart doesn't start with age restrictions.

I might have to move over to Home Depot or Lowes!

And I might have to tow my Back-Up unit too.

2008 Itasca Meridian 37H & 2015 Flagstaff T12RBST
2011 & 2012 Len & Pat's "One lap of America"
27K miles & 41 states in 13 months - Woo Woo
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:37 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
Boy, I sure hope that WalMart doesn't start with age restrictions.

I might have to move over to Home Depot or Lowes!

And I might have to tow my Back-Up unit too.

Cool, he uses the "RV Tire Cover's" on the truck when traveling
2000 Newmar MADP 4060, 350ISC, Spartan MM, IFS 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:26 AM   #55

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Jeff35 View Post
Yesterday I received feedback from a RV park in Phoenix AZ. They told us that they do not allow Motorhomes that are more than ten years old.

Is this type of restriction common? We have been looking at ten year old RVs and wonder if the year after we buy one we will be in a situation that would put us on the outside looking in.

FYI We already joined Escapees and Good Sam.
10 year Rule:
I was told that when I called to make reservations in Quartzite this fall, I sent them a picture and they said welcome and I made reservations.
She is 32 years old.
Keep um up and you might not have as many problems as those that don't.
JS, Tim
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:35 PM   #56
I read this topic when it comes up and remember a story told in our group.

A chapter had arranged a rally at a specific campground because one member had stayed there years ago. As it happened, the wagonmaster was going right by there and was looking for an overnight. He pulled in as was asked the age of his coach and was a bit taken aback. He answered honestly that his (being one of the newer) was only 33 years old. He was told that it was not allowed in. He asked first to confirm that he had the right place and then asked what If someone already had a reservation and was assured that any deposit would be refunded.

He went out to his coach and came back with the list of 30odd that had made reservations and canceled them all.... Right Then.....

He got out his books and when a few miles down the road to another. That one was universally thought nicer and it was also less expensive.

The newest of out coaches are now 37 and our is 42.

A lifelong waterman and his bride going dry places for as long as the fuel money lasts.
MattC is offline   Reply With Quote