Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2014, 06:34 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcumminsw View Post
I had an issue with my neighbor next door to me two years ago at a public park in OH. It was a women's long weekend and they would stay up till all hours of the night talking extremely load and playing their music all night. Sleep in till the afternoon and start all over again the next day. Will I ask them to hold it down to a slight roar but to no avail!!! Will pay back is a
_ _ _ _ _.

I started my truck on Sunday at 8:00 AM; turn up the high idle to 1500RPM and turned on the exhaust brake. Since it is tuned up truck the Exhaust brake sounds like a high pitch jet engine running. Sat and IDLED the truck has I went about and broke camp, they did wake up that morning real early for them.
Jim W.
Jim W.
At the risk of another administrative email spanking (and a private email reply/question unacknowledged), I will ask these 2 questions:

1.) Did the women who stayed up till all hours of the night talking extremely load and playing their music all night get the point?

2.) Were the other peaceful campers, (the ones that didn't bother anybody), happy when you started your truck on Sunday at 8:00 AM; turned up the idle to 1500RPM and turned on your "high pitch jet engine sounding" exhaust brake?

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #58

National RV Owners Club
Just another old story: Until recently I was treasurer of a retirees group of federal retirees. About 12 years ago we had our annual conference in Albuquerque. Most of the group stay at the hotel but usually 10 - 20 take RV's. The conference coordinator that set us up with a pretty nice RV park (resort). I called a week or two or three before the conference and they asked the age of the RV. It was an older Vogue and was over the ten year limit. They told me I couldn't stay - didn't ask questions about the condition. So I said that's OK - I'll pass the word to the retirees group that I won't be staying with them. The park asked what group, I told them and (imagine that) my old RV was allowed to stay there. I haven't returned to that park and won't if I remember what it was called - now my RV is 10 years old so ??.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:12 PM   #59

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
Who was it said they wouldn't want to belong to any club that would allow him in as a member.
Groucho Marx
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:22 AM   #60

I guess I set my own ten year rule when I was shopping for a mh. I set a price and age limit. I felt ten years was as old as I would want. Once I was actively looking I found myself looking at some very well maintained 15 year plus old units. Ultimately I purchased a 2005 Leprechaun with low miles and a low price

I guess cg's have the right to discriminate however they wish. There are many campgrounds who discriminate on campers age at 55+.
Of course I'm free to discriminate on which cg to stay at and spend my money at based on a all sorts of criteria.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:38 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up North View Post
I guess I set my own ten year rule when I was shopping for a mh. I set a price and age limit. I felt ten years was as old as I would want. Once I was actively looking I found myself looking at some very well maintained 15 year plus old units. Ultimately I purchased a 2005 Leprechaun with low miles and a low price

I guess cg's have the right to discriminate however they wish. There are many campgrounds who discriminate on campers age at 55+.
Of course I'm free to discriminate on which cg to stay at and spend my money at based on a all sorts of criteria.
Up North

The "problem" with wanting and buying an "under 10 year old coach" is before you know it it's over 10 years old.
That happened to me.
My coach was only 5 years old when I bought it but now it's 18 years old.

I've always "discriminated" against campgrounds with RV age restrictions.
I don't think I missed anything...(and know I've saved a lot of $$)!

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:37 AM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
So, I'm curious. A newer beat up "budget" RV is ok, but a still very expensive 10+ year old Prevost in perfect shape is unacceptable?

Maybe CGs should base their standards on value rather than on years?

And I say this only to point out how ridiculous this entire argument sounds. If the CG is going to discriminate, then maybe we should just avoid them altogether. Anyone else agree?
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:48 AM   #63

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This has been discussed several times, When my motor home was NEW (as in the model year it bears) I called a few parks who ask how old it was.

My thory: If they need to restrict to 10 years old or less, this means they have more business than they can handle, so they do not need mine.

And I have practiced that policy since the rig was closer to 10 months old.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:46 AM   #64

Newmar Owners Club
I have been in/stayed in a few of these resorts with this 10 year rule, never had a problem..........15 years old this year, and standing tall .......
As far as a Prevost..........or a similar Coach of that style, At 20 years old , they are not going to have problems getting in one of these Resorts when they roll up to the gate house..........
Old 01-01-2015, 07:26 AM   #65

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
Exactly. We had this mess sitting next to us in a pretty nice RV park this past summer. No tow vehicle during four days. Three people and two barking dogs living in it. Loud music. Food left out on the table overnight and they'd just sit down and start eating it again the next day.

The RV park was pretty full up or I would have complained and requested to move. Needless to say we kept everything inside and locked up.
Was this at Utah Lake State Park in Provost?

If not there an identical rig like that was there along with the barking dogs.

We were there in September
seb1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 07:44 AM   #66

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
I don't care how old your RV is, just don't use a blue tarp for an awning!
Old 01-01-2015, 09:01 AM   #67

Quote:
There are many campgrounds who discriminate on campers age at 55+.
Huh?

Are you being serious? Surely not.

Bruce
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:14 AM   #68

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

There are many campgrounds who discriminate on campers age at 55+.
Yes, there are........One "Has" to be 55+ to regester and stay.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #69
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Huh?

Are you being serious? Surely not.

Bruce
Yep, there are a number of parks that are "55 or better". Like elsewhere in life, I don't mind that there is a diverse selection of places for me to either spend my money or pass them by.

IMHO, the word "discrimination" has taken on a very negative connotation in our society even though by definition it is not a bad thing at all. Race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, and national origin should not be the basis of discrimination but the age of one's RV is free game if the park owner wants to run his business that way.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 05:36 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLman2 View Post
I can understand why many RV parks have this rule in place. In my travels around this part of FL. you see all kind of junky RV's on the road, usually dirty, boards over some of the windows and other things.
I have never had them question the age of the unit, if it clean and well taken care pretty sure you won't have any problems.
Next thing, you'll be saying dirty older RV's bring dirty, nasty people--like my family. My 1995 model travel trailer looks bad, but it's still good on the inside.

I finally bought a new bunkhouse fifth wheel 8/2015. Now, we is first class citizens!
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote