Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I must admit he did some odd punctuation editing on a couple of my reviews. I use the site a lot and it has been helpful.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #16

We have been using them for a decade and have always been satisfied. I have several hundred reviews myself. You have to read quite a few reviews and make your decision. They are nuts our there in the RV world also. Somebody might downgrade a place due to their neighbor. We were in the lodging business for 10 years and some owners are tempted to stack the deck by writing great reviews on their place and bad reviews on the guy down the street. They are constantly on the lookout trying to stop that sort of thing. They have a Smart phone site which is similar, but set up for a small screen. It will interface with your phone's GPS and take you right to the park.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm not saying I don't use rvparkreviews, I do... I'm just saying that I don't think it makes sense to have to put 3 reviews in before they will publish one. I don't mind reviewing my first review, but it should be published if I have something valuable to say to others...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
I'm not saying I don't use rvparkreviews, I do... I'm just saying that I don't think it makes sense to have to put 3 reviews in before they will publish one. I don't mind reviewing my first review, but it should be published if I have something valuable to say to others...
I agree. Why dont you contact them?

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #19

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
This policy was implemented to reduce the likelihood that an owner (or anyone else) would join for the sole purpose of submitting an extremely positive (or negative) review about a particular park. It obviously doesn't prevent this completely, but it makes the person go through a bit more effort!
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
This policy was implemented to reduce the likelihood that an owner (or anyone else) would join for the sole purpose of submitting an extremely positive (or negative) review about a particular park. It obviously doesn't prevent this completely, but it makes the person go through a bit more effort!
I can't really see what is wrong with this... If an experience is extremely positive or negative, isn't that what a review is about?
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #21

It is all about making it harder for bad campground owners to write bogus reviews. They also check the host mask to determine the source to try to cut down on the crooked reviews. They are doing their best and it does make it a little harder on us honest folks, but it is the fault of the crooked owners not RV park reviews which is a free site and mainly done by volunteer moderators. Thankless job. They are almost all RVers also.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
This explains why my one review was never posted! I thought they just didn't like me.
Jeep trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #23

Thor Owners Club
I always throw out the highest and lowest reviews...generally that has worked well for me.....I have from time to time checked a persons other reviews especially if they seem to be negative about a CG which doesn't seem to make sense. From time to time I have found someone who doesn't like any CG.....or the person who has nothing bad to say about anything.....Either one isn't helpful....and that's why I throw out the highest and lowest review.....The review hasn't failed us yet.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:31 AM   #24

We used RVPR extensively this past summer . One of the first things I do when looking for a campground in a place we are going through is to check their web page . Great info. I have had a few reviews published but I realize that I should be writing a lot more than I do. I must do better in the future cause after just spending 6 months staying in different parks I could write quite a few good and bad....Alan
Old 11-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
We use RVPR when planning a trip. RVPR is just one of many tools available. I read each review and compare to PA book or GS / Woodalls book. Sometimes you wonder if these multiple reviews sources are describing the same cg. If some one rights a poor or outstanding review, I will check to see if the reviewer is consistent in their other reviews. Overall, I have a tendency to lean toward my fellow RV'ers.

I can't say the RVPR has modified any my reviews.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On our 7 week trip out west this summer, we would not stay at a campground without checking on RVParkReviews dot com first on my wife's smart phone while I was driving. I only posted a review if I felt I had something to add or my experience was vastly different from a recent review. One case was the Grand Teton Park RV Resort & Cabins in Moran WY. Although others rated it poorly, I didn't have an alternative at he time. Huge rodent holes in the dusty sort of gravely pads, which if the price had been $35, would be bad enough, but not at $81 per night. I felt I had to reinforce others poor reviews. Mountains were barely visible over the scrub trees at the park's perimeter as they were probably 15 miles away.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #27

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
On our 7 week trip out west this summer, we would not stay at a campground without checking on RVParkReviews dot com first on my wife's smart phone while I was driving. I only posted a review if I felt I had something to add or my experience was vastly different from a recent review.
As one of the volunteer admins on RVParkReviews I encourage you to submit reviews even if you feel that yours are no different than those already posted. Many people look at the average of the posted reviews; your review will help reinforce the average and reduce the impact of those occasional reviews that are highly negative or positive. If everyone took the approach that they wouldn't post because they weren't adding anything new, then even a handful of "off the wall negative" posts could have a significant impact on the average rating of an otherwise very good park.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #28

Thank you for your work on RVPark reviews. DOCJ I know it is thankless job. We appreciate it.