Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #1

RV Park Reviews

You learn something everydayÖ funny, Iíve been using rvparkreview.com for a long time and today discovered if you click on the Canadian or Mexico flag on the home page you get a map and listing of reviews in those countries. I didnít know that. Reviews of RV Parks and Campgrounds - RV Park Reviews

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2013, 07:53 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
RVPR.com is like wine - gets better with age. We won't leave home without it.

Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:48 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I tried reviewing a couple of campgrounds I stayed at this summer and they never appeared on that cg's page... I think there is a 90 day probation period where they review your review and then decide to publish it or not. I'm not too sure exactly how it works, other than they didn't publish my reviews and I was not appy about that. One was a very good review and the other was...so so... Don't meant to steal the thread but... Anyone know how they work?
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I reviewed two places and both reviews showed up within 48 hours so I don't think there is a probation period. I had a question and the website owner responded to my email within about 6 hours so I would shoot him an email and see what gives on the missing reviews.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Same here as Focker. Reviews showed within a few days!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
rvparkreview's policy is you have to submit at least 3 reviews before your reviews are posted. Their moderators review them & will post once you meet that quota. Any less than that & they won't show.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
They also censor them and if they don't like what you said they will not post it.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:47 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
rvparkreview's policy is you have to submit at least 3 reviews before your reviews are posted. Their moderators review them & will post once you meet that quota. Any less than that & they won't show.

Lori-
That was my (somewhat confused) understanding. I've only written 2 reviews, so that would make sense... Actually it doesn't make sense because why should I have to write 3 reviews before people can read my experience?
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
1977-2006

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
They also censor them and if they don't like what you said they will not post it.
I'm curious why you say that. I've written a few pretty damning reviews without anything being abridged.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post

Lori-
X2, first time I had to submit three before they were posted. Keeps Friends and relates from embellishing a site I think.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #11

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
X2. I have had reviews censored that did NOT contain a rant, or cussing. Just a poor review.

I will no longer spend my time supplying the core product of that site, (Reviews), when they are not posted. Too much work for no return.

The other issue is, as a reader, you do not know what has been removed about the park that may be important to you. I guess you can believe what is said there, but what about what is not being said?
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #12

I've posted 41 reviews on rvparkreviews.com and some of them have not been good. I've never had one NOT posted or even edited. I even had one review posted for a campground where I didn't even spend the night. We left when we arrived to check-in it was so bad. We were told to go find a site and nothing was suitable, so we left.
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I tried to post a review about a CG that had a manager that we had on tape saying that he watched everyone to see who they visited and who they talked to and how long they talked. I also told about the electric, which was fine a few months before now rarely being above 105 volts. I told about several people losing items in their RVs due to the erratic electric. I also pointed out that they had notes posted on the bathrooms about making sure things were locked up since more and more things were getting taken.

I was told that it was just personal stuff and they would not print it...... personal that he watches EVERYONE and that we had it on tape? personal that notes are posted about more and more thefts? personal that several DIFFERENT people in DIFFERENT rvs lost items due to erratic electric?

Besides have you actually looked at the last time any reviews had been posted for most CGs? Most I have seen have been over a year old. Things change a lot in a year ...
Old 11-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #14

RVPR has not failed me in the 5 years I have used it.

You must filter out the nonsense. Some folks have funny complaints.
They are in the desert, thousands of miles of kitty litter, and complain of dust, or no shade.
"There were too many people on bicycles".
"There were no planned activities". In AZ in August.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote