Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2017, 09:44 AM   #29
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I'm amazed at the amount of people that lack common sense. A couple of years ago someone in our campground built their fire so close to their RV, it actually blistered the paint off the front corner of their MH.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2017, 09:49 AM   #30

It is sad that there is such a lack of common courtesy in so many places. I'm a site steward in a National Park where we have put up countless dog waste stations (bag dispensers) to help with clean up. What is so bad is that you find many people will bag the waste but then just pitch the bag. Seems we would be better to just let nature do its job with out slowing composting in a plastic bag. Can't fix stupid!
Mrb1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:57 AM   #31

Sign behind a counter said
"We no longer accept checks for payment, as we still have plenty from last year"
Pacakazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:02 AM   #32

I was raised by both my Dad and the Boy Scouts to ALWAYS leave a campsite cleaner than I found it; a practice we follow religiously no matter where we camp and one I taught my now grown up kids. We also ALWAYS keep our 20 lb dog on a leash and clean up after her. I frequently wonder why some people think it is okay for them to let their dogs run loose at a campground. Do they just simply think they are better than everyone else and the rules don't apply to them?
parkerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:19 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1ll View Post
It is sad that there is such a lack of common courtesy in so many places. I'm a site steward in a National Park where we have put up countless dog waste stations (bag dispensers) to help with clean up. What is so bad is that you find many people will bag the waste but then just pitch the bag. Seems we would be better to just let nature do its job with out slowing composting in a plastic bag. Can't fix stupid!
If you don't pitch the bag, what are you suggesting be done with it?
I agree that slow composting a bag would be a longer process.
Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:54 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondiega1 View Post
Fill the bag and carry it with you to a proper disposal place. We've walked many trails that folks just leave the bag on the trail for someone else to dispose of it! Even if you're walking 5 miles.... carry it with you. Or they 'hide' it behind a bush. Or they don't even bag it but leave it for the next hiker to walk on.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:56 AM   #35

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Campground in Marion, NC had some really strange rules. One of them he stressed the most was to not let dogs urinate on the grass at campsite. Even when we leash up our 2 Labs before we exit the coach I cannot make them not squat and pee as soon as they can. They certainly were not going hold it as we walked to the dog park where it was permitted.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:04 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Stayed at a COE campground. The dumpster was always full. Not from the park users but by locals outside the park. Told Ranger his responce "What do you want me to do about it?" No wonder 1/2 the spots are not paid for, garbage everywhere, weeds, noise all night. By the way it's in a state north of TX.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:39 PM   #37

Quote:

'Pitch the bag'
As in ----toss it with contents just any ole place vs disposing of it properly

"Hey I picked it up, put it in the bag BUT you don't expect me to actually carry that bag of poop back and put it in trash....DO YOU???"
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:47 PM   #38

Quote:

Don't pitch it into the wilderness. Take it to a trash can. To simply bag something and then throw the bag 20 feet away solves nothing.
Mrb1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:40 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
I'm amazed at the amount of people that lack common sense. A couple of years ago someone in our campground built their fire so close to their RV, it actually blistered the paint off the front corner of their MH.
I often wonder if there might not be some local fire regulations that govern distance from "fire pit" to nearest vehicles that might affect some campgrounds' certification for occupancy. I've seen more than a few private parks that pack 'em in so tight that I question whether or not any sort of fire (aside from a propane "fire pit" sort of thing) can be safely started in that space. When circumstances necessitate we stay in those sorts of parks - we offer up prayers and special incantations that our neighbors are not the "we gotta have a real fire to enjoy our camping trip!" type - who then proceed to put my rig at risk (or at a minimum fill me with the smoke and fumes from their fire.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:50 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
It is not so much the number of rules that is my issue but the administration of said rules. We note numerous "exceptions" to the rules. Generally the manager and his friends are grand fathered so when you look around it is tough to tell if there are any rules or it is just the whim of the manager at the moment.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:07 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranemec View Post
Campground in Marion, NC had some really strange rules. One of them he stressed the most was to not let dogs urinate on the grass at campsite. Even when we leash up our 2 Labs before we exit the coach I cannot make them not squat and pee as soon as they can. They certainly were not going hold it as we walked to the dog park where it was permitted.
There is one of those parks a lot closer to you. We stopped in north GA at a private park that didn't have that listed in the rules. It was after we had set up that the manager's husband came by to tell us we had to carry our dogs to the dog park so they wouldn't pee on the grass. We packed up and headed down the road to the state park at Altoona.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:40 PM   #42

I think my all time favourite, and one of the reasons I prefer dry camping, was a sign on the door of the washrooms that read "No washings dishes in the toilets.".

I don't know, nor do I care, if they meant the area or the actual fixture itself.