Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #29

We sometimes eat at Cracker Barrel when traveling. Almost all have the RV/Bus spaces, and they are all too short for our motorhome and car trailer. I park around back, or as far away as possible, using lots of car spaces on the outside of the lot, and am sure to only leave half a space in front so my exit isn't blocked (if you leave a full space in front, someone will use it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr08Bill View Post
Here in central Illinois -- the CB spaces are too short --- and many times are filled with cars.

George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #30

We do not stop at Cracker Barrel with the RV any more for this exact reason. I was in a foul mood one time when we stopped at CB and the RV spaces were full of autos. I merely pulled up between the building and the RV spaces and parked, blocking the autos in. When we returned to the RV we saw about a dozen folks standing near our RV. I told them if they had a complaint take it to the manager as there was nowhere else to park. That must have been 15 years ago.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #31
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We also don't do Cracker Barrel because of the parking problem, the food too often is not hot, and I got food poisoning from one last year on fathers day.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

I've been blocked at both ends in grocery lots. I always thank them for the coffee break. ;-)
Great perspective...I'd love to think that way. I'm trying my hardest to be more CampDavenlike!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane nutty View Post
Great perspective...I'd love to think that way. I'm trying my hardest to be more CampDavenlike!
X2

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #34

Country Coach Owners Club
yeah your right

It is a shame but the cracker barrell is not what it was in the begining. the spaces in one in Alexandria , la are so narrow your if two MH park beside each other your mirrors overlap. The attitude that people park in those paces is frustrating. They look like gotcha. This does not include everybody but the few I have come across. the one we ate in Christmas eve was running out of food and had to limit your choices . Plus they did not have enough people to clean tables, Management???!!!
gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Egg-xactly why 90% of new rest. fail have to guess how many staff you will need and it's hard to predict what everyone will want to eat or even IF they will come in that day

We will do their pancakes and park in the rv spots when traveling to our destination, but like to find local Mom and Pop's once at our destination....
Old 12-31-2012, 09:09 AM   #36
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Home made biscuits and sausage gravy, made right in our own motorhome.

Beats Cracker Barrel any day.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
Not sure what all the complaining is about. Here is a company that welcomes overnight RV parking and people are whining that cars take up the RV spots? Park in back of the lot away from everyone else; we always do this when we stop for a meal. Honestly it seems like an entitlement attitude to me. We're lucky we can park there at all!
This is a problem that is not just unique to CB. If you spend any time traveling in the northeast it's a problem everywhere. There are just not enough parking spaces for large vehicles. Service Plazas ME, MA, CT, NJ and PA Turnpikes and the NY Thruway are almost constantly full. Car parking regularly overflows into parking spaces designated for Trucks, Buses and RVs.

Some years back on a high travel holiday I actually had a McDonald's employee try to wave me out of the truck parking area in a CT Turnpike Service Plaza so they could park more cars. I just told him that wasn't going to happen and if there was a problem he needed to contact the State Police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
X2. How many other restaurants provide RV spots and welcome overnight parking?
It's bad business to offer something that you can't supply. It's like putting an item on the menu when you know you're out of it. Makes folks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Exactly!
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Agree, but not if your DW considers the kitchen appliances "decorative"

Besides, I like spending my time with her rather than sharing it with the kitchen when either of us are in it !!!!
(just in case she reads this...)
Old 12-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
X2. How many other restaurants provide RV spots and welcome overnight parking?

X3 True
C&SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #40

Could it be that before you got there the Car Parking was full and they resorted to parking where they could and as people finished they left the Car Parking and then you drove up ?? As I've stated many times , I've waited many years to be able to hit the road and enjoy life out on the highway and little things like that sure wont ruin my day. Living and enjoying the RV Lifestyle one has to be adaptable and adventurous knowing that its not a perfect world but it sure beats working any day .
Old 12-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #41

I parked way out in the lot. There were plenty of spaces farther away. Just not close enough for them I guess.
As I said. The manager was ok with me taking the number of spots I took. I basically relocated the bus/RV spots.
Kudos to CB management for accepting my placement and not making me move.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdogKing View Post
Could it be that before you got there the Car Parking was full and they resorted to parking where they could and as people finished they left the Car Parking and then you drove up ?? As I've stated many times , I've waited many years to be able to hit the road and enjoy life out on the highway and little things like that sure wont ruin my day. Living and enjoying the RV Lifestyle one has to be adaptable and adventurous knowing that its not a perfect world but it sure beats working any day .
I'm assuming that the above is in response to my previous post.

Actually, no, it couldn't. In CT Turnpike Service Plazas there are specific areas set aside for cars/light trucks/motorcycles, another area for Buses, and yet another for Trucks/RVs/vehicles pulling trailers. The CT State Police make a habit of patrolling the service plazas and ticketing anything parked in the car/light truck/motorcycle parking area that doesn't belong there. These are usually $70-90 parking tickets btw. Unfortunately they are not as diligent when it comes to the other parking areas. Therefore the attitude of most operators of large vehicles is that cars/light trucks and motorcycles have no business parking in the truck/bus/trailer and RV parking area unless they are experiencing some type of emergency.

Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
handicap