Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #71

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzick View Post
Perhaps things are different in service plazas or maybe CT. In the three areas I was involved with private business parking lots, the only spaces that had any legal standing were handicapped spots. All the courtesy slots, like mothers with children, small car, oversize vehicle, etc., were more suggestions than carry any legal weight. The only enforcement possibility would be if the owner wanted to trespass the offender off the property.

So the CB manager might be faced with a rock and a hard place. Who does he upset getting involved in the rv/car dispute? Does he upset the auto driver parked in the rv slot that might turn out to be a regular customer, or the rv driver who is most likely transient and probably will be back infrequently, if ever?
Toll plazas are regulated differently..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #72

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
I wrote a letter to CB several years ago, they are not going to do anything to upset other customers. Their response was a nice letter but they would not do anything.
A friend of mine in a 5th wheel parked on front of about a dozen cars parked in the RV spots and refused to move until he finished his meal. He made some people unhappy but he made his point.
If I stop at CB I stop before 11:30 and usually don't have a problem.
Again, I would have it towed.. RV parking at CB, or any business, is a PRIVILEGE and not a right. Just because something is marked 'RV' does NOT give you th RIGHT to that spot. Only that is is available when otherwise not in use.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #73

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboat View Post
A few months ago my wife stopped in a CB in VA. All the RV spots were full and not full out front. So I parked in the side taking up a few spaces. We went in and got a seat. Just as our food we brought to the table the manger came over and asked it was our rig in the side lot. When I told him that it was he asked me to move it to the RV spots. I told him there was cars in all the RV spots when I pulled in so I parked were I could. he told me that there was spots open now because they just had a shift change and they left. I said when I was don eating. He asked me to move it right away as it would soon be there rush hour. My wife and I stood up and walked out and did not pay. Went out to the trailer and made lunch, ate, went to the head and then left.

Wait! you guys get mad that the management doesnt ask people to move so you can park, but then get PO'd when they DO ask YOU?

[moderator edit]
Old 01-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #74
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Discuss the topic, stop the personal attacks.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #75
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
A few months ago my wife stopped in a CB in VA. All the RV spots were full and not full out front. So I parked in the side taking up a few spaces. We went in and got a seat. Just as our food we brought to the table the manger came over and asked it was our rig in the side lot. When I told him that it was he asked me to move it to the RV spots. I told him there was cars in all the RV spots when I pulled in so I parked were I could. he told me that there was spots open now because they just had a shift change and they left. I said when I was don eating. He asked me to move it right away as it would soon be there rush hour. My wife and I stood up and walked out and did not pay. Went out to the trailer and made lunch, ate, went to the head and then left.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #76

Newmar Owners Club
I took the liberty to e-mail Cracker Barrel and ask about the rv parking spaces and told them of the complaints of auto's being parked in these spaces and have not recieved any responce back from them. I e-mailed them when this thread started so I am pretty sure by now that my question got hit by a delete button unless they are way behind on reply's. Jim in post #72 hit the nail right dead center.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #77

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I'm afraid attitudes like this will result in the end of any RV parking at CB, Walmart, Cabellas, and other restaurants and stores. The dollar amount these businesses take in from RVers just isn't enough to put with the whining, perceived entitlement and legal issues.
I predict within five years, courtesy RV parking will be a thing of the past, with the possible exception of businesses who stand to make real money from RVers. (Camping World, repair shops, etc.)
Let's not screw up a good thing, shall we?
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
I'm afraid attitudes like this will result in the end of any RV parking at CB, Walmart, Cabellas, and other restaurants and stores. The dollar amount these businesses take in from RVers just isn't enough to put with the whining, perceived entitlement and legal issues.
I predict within five years, courtesy RV parking will be a thing of the past, with the possible exception of businesses who stand to make real money from RVers. (Camping World, repair shops, etc.)
Let's not screw up a good thing, shall we?
I have to agree. CB provides the spaces on a first come first serve basis. These are not handicap parking spaces protected by law. It would be nice if CB management would monitor the RV spaces and at least place a note under the windshield wiper of any cars in the RV spaces asking that the next time they come to a CB they park in the car spots.

Making announcements in the restaurant to please move your car is not helpful.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Again, I would have it towed.. RV parking at CB, or any business, is a PRIVILEGE and not a right. Just because something is marked 'RV' does NOT give you th RIGHT to that spot. Only that is is available when otherwise not in use.
I totally agree. This is not unlike handicapped bathroom stalls. They are handicapped enabled, not reserved exclusively for those with handicaps.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #80

Thor Owners Club
It all comes down to the fact that people don't give a hoot about their fellow man. Its a me first, me only attitude. Most people don't get called on rude discourteous behavior. CB could put up better signs or yes monitor the area for an hour. This is called customer service. Thats how a business survives and flourishes in tough times. Thats why I will patronize some business but not others. And griping to the manager, who is a salaried employee, does nothing. Write, not e mail, the head office explaining what your expectations are when you drive into a CB and have no place to park. To those who wouldn't block in the vehicle which is parked in an RV reserved stall I would say, sometimes you gotta do what just feels right.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #81

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwhit View Post
Been there done that! I didn't have 6 BIKERS to back me up, just 5 grandkids (2-8yrs old).
I really did not need those others to back me up...but the look on the guy in the car was priceless....to me rude people need to learn not to be rude...jmo
Old 01-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #82

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
It all comes down to the fact that people don't give a hoot about their fellow man. Its a me first, me only attitude. Most people don't get called on rude discourteous behavior. CB could put up better signs or yes monitor the area for an hour. This is called customer service. Thats how a business survives and flourishes in tough times. Thats why I will patronize some business but not others. And griping to the manager, who is a salaried employee, does nothing. Write, not e mail, the head office explaining what your expectations are when you drive into a CB and have no place to park. To those who wouldn't block in the vehicle which is parked in an RV reserved stall I would say, sometimes you gotta do what just feels right.
So, when the RV is parked across several spots, it 'feels right' to park in front and rear to block it in...
Old 01-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #83

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchrome View Post
I really did not need those others to back me up...but the look on the guy in the car was priceless....to me rude people need to learn not to be rude...jmo
If I read your post right, you guys blocked him in then basically laughed about it when he got upset..

Who was rude again?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #84

I'm getting in here kind of late, but let me ask this....
Let's play what if...what if all the car parking spaces were full, and the only spaces that were available were the RV/bus spaces. Should the cars not park there? Perhaps, in some instances, that was what happened when cars were parked in the RV spaces.

Tags
handicap