Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #85

Do the spaces say "RV parking only" or just "RV parking"? I understand everyone's view on having a space to park but unless it says "RV parking only" it's there for everyone to park in.

I get upset with places that have "motorcycles only" and some idiot knocks down the sigh with his car/truck to park there. But then they are "special"....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #86

I thought the younger generations were thought of as the entitled ones? I have heard time and time again from people my parents age that the younger generations were "entitled". Sounds like some older folks feel "entitled" to Rv parking. What's the big deal? If there is no spot available, keep looking, wait or go somewhere else. Who gives a poop? I drive a "big" RV and feel entitled to squat because of it. On the bright side, most of us have it pretty good to be living the dream with an RV, coach,
Camper, bus or whatever we call them, so RV parking really is a nonevent.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #87

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane nutty View Post
I thought the younger generations were thought of as the entitled ones? I have heard time and time again from people my parents age that the younger generations were "entitled". Sounds like some older folks feel "entitled" to Rv parking. What's the big deal? If there is no spot available, keep looking, wait or go somewhere else. Who gives a poop? I drive a "big" RV and feel entitled to squat because of it. On the bright side, most of us have it pretty good to be living the dream with an RV, coach,
Camper, bus or whatever we call them, so RV parking really is a nonevent.
Pretty hard to "keep looking" when your 50 plus feet. I don't thinking you have a sense of entitlement when your only expecting to park where CB has made parking available for you and your rig and a car has taken the posted RV spot.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #88

Mid Atlantic Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Tugboat
I got POed at that CB because the manger was having his employes use it as o lot and the side lot that I used was father back then that in the rear side just be four the exit. To move I would have to pulled out of the lot go down to the next turnaround I could find. After all that I think my food would have past cold. It was more his attitude and comments of move it now or leave.

P.S. I still stop at CB just not that one.
P.S.S. I am also handicapped.
Tugboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #89

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ok - I've got to say it - while the Catfish and Chicken Fried Chicken are pretty good - I would not lose sleep over not having it. If I'm not on the road - I Never Go There and live near enough to two that I could. No parking - no problem. At worst - Annie makes a mean PBJ - and if we have bananas, so much the better.

I'm with the keep moving and enjoy the ride crowd. The older I've gotten, the less things like this bother me. Available parking and anything else not in my control are non events and I sure as heck wouldn't jack somebody up over a parking place, canned vegetables, production line food, and the false appearance of grannies country home. The AF chow hall was just as good back in the day and the milk was ice cold. YMMV.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #90

I could relay a similar experiance, I used to manage a campground in the New Mexico area and Friday night the cg would be full and I would put a sign up to say we're full, but they still come in and ask if we have any space available, like you say untrainable lol.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #91
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have never had a problem parking at CB - in my TOAD - but then I have only used them twice. The food and service was terrible. First time stop, food was cold and not tasty at all - very bland. Second time stop we sat for 10 minutes without ever hearing from a service person. The couple next to us had been there longer than us. We excused ourselves to the hostess on the way out and have never been back.

Did ya'll miss the part in Post #64 that states...."he told me that there was spots open now because they just had a shift change and they left....."

The employees were parked there and I'll bet that each had taken a front position in separate lanes so they could be "first" out of the parking lot.

Parking lots are controlled by the store(s) in the parking lots. Police only come when they are called. One day I walked into a major grocery chain and complained that a car without handicap decals was parked in a HC space. The manager said that Wiengarten, who owns (most) the lot(s), does not want the stores to call the police on any parking situations.

It's unfortunate to say that as an RV'er, and you stop visiting CB's, they will not see much, if any, loss in revenue. Personally - I'll skip them for better food and service. JMHO
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #92

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne - stop by for one of Annies PBJ's. You'll be glad ya did.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #93

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by elang View Post
I could relay a similar experiance, I used to manage a campground in the New Mexico area and Friday night the cg would be full and I would put a sign up to say we're full, but they still come in and ask if we have any space available, like you say untrainable lol.
X2 as campground hosts we had to deep clean the bathhouse once per day. This takes about an hour per side. We wait until late morning so that the traffic is at it's lowest point. The park doesn't want any guests in there during cleaning because of the use of bleach and wet floors.

My wife puts up a sign DIRECTLY on the sidewalk just before the front door. She then puts all the cleaning supplies like the mop and bucket, behind the sign creating what we thought was a unpassable barrier.

One day a woman moved the sign and climbed OVER the barrier. When she met my wife at the door she said: "Is the bathroom closed? For Real?"

Well she can't read or obey signs, but she can climb! I guess she was just special. LOL
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #94
doc

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Again, I would have it towed.. RV parking at CB, or any business, is a PRIVILEGE and not a right. Just because something is marked 'RV' does NOT give you th RIGHT to that spot. Only that is is available when otherwise not in use.
Wisest and most sensible statement yet.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #95

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
X2 as campground hosts we had to deep clean the bathhouse once per day. This takes about an hour per side. We wait until late morning so that the traffic is at it's lowest point. The park doesn't want any guests in there during cleaning because of the use of bleach and wet floors.

My wife puts up a sign DIRECTLY on the sidewalk just before the front door. She then puts all the cleaning supplies like the mop and bucket, behind the sign creating what we thought was a unpassable barrier.

One day a woman moved the sign and climbed OVER the barrier. When she met my wife at the door she said: "Is the bathroom closed? For Real?"

Well she can't read or obey signs, but she can climb! I guess she was just special. LOL

Maybe she had to pee really, really bad! Sounds logical to me.............
Old 01-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #96

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
And just think, Walmart don't even have RV parking spaces
Actually they do have at some of their stores. Been there and done that, right in between the trucks.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #97

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
If I read your post right, you guys blocked him in then basically laughed about it when he got upset..

Who was rude again?
when 80% of the lot is empty...and we do not want to take up car spaces...this Cracker B had 4-5 total spaces beside the building. He was parked in the middle of two of them and direct in the middle of the lane..so if you find me being rude so be it...We laughed when I walked out by myself as the others were paying the bill...as I walked up he began his rant with a threat...when the others walked up beside me to ask what all the racket was he went to his car...thats when we laughed...if you find me rude about this issue so be it...he was way out of line..
Old 01-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #98

Thor Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
No worse than the 4 wheelers that park in the truck/rv parking at a rest area, its especialy annoying for us who drive for a living and are up to the rest time and there is only 1 spot in the rest area and some ignorant 4 wheeler is parked in it

I cant fit in a Cracker Barrel RV spot and Im only 36' towing a 23' car hauler so I always truck stop it or every so often I just park on the sholder by a Cracker Barrel and hit the 4 ways

Tags
handicap