Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakethib View Post
Kind of shocked at some of the responses on here with folks going as far to saying they intentionally blocked cars where they could not leave.

Had some of the auto drivers gotten upset, word been exchanged, and it eventually gotten into a physical altercation, many would have wondered why or blamed Cracker Barrel. I would be pretty pissed to be honest if someone intentionally blocked me in.

To me this is just setting yourself up to get your rv keyed are other damage. No condoning it, but I could see it in igniting the fury.

Roles reversed, I would bet the RV drivers would have gotten upset if auto blocked them in.

It's parking for gripes sake, I am towing darn near 60 feet when we travel and if i find There are no spots, there are no spots and I go elsewhere.

Nobody owes anyone free parking spaces even if you are eating in their restaurant.

JMHO

YMMV

I agree.

1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #114
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
^^ Ditto. Our society has gone from "After you" to "ME First!", and it's not going to get any better with all the chest thumping.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
^^ Ditto. Our society has gone from "After you" to "ME First!", and it's not going to get any better with all the chest thumping.
What is sad and not trying to start another debate, but when one guy gets surrounded by 8 guys as mentioned earlier in this thread, the out numbered guy suddenly gets scared and pulls a gun in fear and someone or many end up dead over a parking space. At that point it doesn't matter who was right or wrong, someone doesn't go home. I have seen it happen for less then what we are speaking about here.

I am not advocating backing down from anything when challenged by someone else, (someone said earlier intimidation is risky to which I agree, you never know what the other guy is thinking or capable of) and I admit I am pretty head strong myself when people do stupid stuff and quick to voice my opinion, but Intentionally blocking other people, especially given that many had nothing to do with the parking, well I can see this heading south real quick and at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter.

Place a call to Cracker Barrel Management and see if they can help, if they can't/ don't / won't, well there are other places in the world to spend your money.

Man, I am beginning to sound like a 95 year old Geezer as my wife calls me, and I am only 41 !
Old 01-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #116

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
We have parked at a few. Doesn't fit in the space provided, but we improvise.
All with mnager's permission at dinner and he greeted us for breakfast the next morning.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #117

I like Cracker Barrel but agree that the RV parking spaces are often too short for my 40 footer and toad. My problem is finding the Cracker Barrel in the first place. I often pass it by and have to find a place to turn around which is often miles down the road. If not a Cracker Barrel, where else do you folks go to eat that accommodates your rigs?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #118

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We don't have Cracker Barrels around here.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #119

Quote:
If not a Cracker Barrel, where else do you folks go to eat that accommodates your rigs?
The only time we go to CB is if DW insists - I personally think they are awful. If we want restaurant meals while traveling, we normally look for restaurants in satellite locations in shopping centers. Many times the store will be set back and the satellite shops will be stand alone or in a small strip mall next to the main road. You can park in the back of the big parking lot and walk to the restaurant. Chains like Applebee's, Red Lobster, Outback, and some others do this frequently.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #120

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My Post

From the large response of my comments I wanted to say just one more issue.

When we stopped at this CB almost the entire parking lot was empty...We did park around this persons car. Maybe it was poor judgement but after spending the night at the Racetrack all we wanted was a nice breakfast while we began our long ride home.

When all this was over I forgot to mention that this person was not even a customer. We asked the MGR when all this ended who this customer was or what. He told me that the car was there when he came in at 5 am to open up. Believes it was someone who went to a bar in the shopping center next door and left the car all night.

I understand all about people and our rigs...I try to be as nice as I can at all times...

So if you have any more comments about my behavior please send it to me direct. I love going to CB anytime of the day...Blueberry Pancakes taste good no matter what time of day.

Bill in York PA
Old 01-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #121

I guess my biggest issue is that because some idiot parked in a RV spot, several folks on this thread thought it was good revenge to lock in other auto's who had nothing to do with any of this.

That part makes no sense to me. That is almost like being a bully IMHO.

Deal with the people who are the culprits, not the innocent folks there just trying to get a meal. They didn't do anything wrong.

Another point to be made, we live in a society whereas some people think nothing of parking in a handicap or fire lane, they probably really don't care about rv parking.

Btw, I think CB food is hit or miss for the most part. JMHO.

Happy Trails All
Old 01-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchrome View Post
Well that MH and truck are one great looking unit.
Agree x2
Old 01-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #123

A little off topic I know, but please be careful where you do stop for breaks.

This place is right next to a Cracker Barrel here in Beaumont.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/20498209...napping-victim
Beaumont authorities searching for kidnapping victim

BEAUMONT, Texas (KPLC) -
Beaumont Police are investigating a reported aggravated kidnapping.

According to a news release from the Beaumont Police Department, the incident was reported early Thursday at the Petro Truck Stop in the 5400 block of Walden Road in the city.

Authorities say at about 5:20 a.m. Thursday, patrol officers responded to the scene when a 45-year-old Houston man called 911 to report that his truck had been stolen and his friend kidnapped by a man armed with a handgun.

The reported victim is a 33-year-old Hispanic female from San Antonio.

Authorities said the woman is described as 5-feet, 5-inches, weighing between 130 and 140 pounds. She is described as having shoulder length, dark hair. At the time of the alleged kidnapping, the woman was reportedly wearing blue jeans and a turquoise jacket.

Authorities said the vehicle reported stolen is a red, 2008 Dodge 3500 dually, bearing Texas license plates 16GYJ9.

According to authorities, the suspect is a black male with a dark complexion, in his mid- thirties, about 6-feet tall, weighing about 190 to 200 pounds.

"Information is still very preliminary at this early stage of the investigation. We are asking people to be on the lookout for red Dodge truck and the female. If anyone does see this vehicle, or the female, we ask that you phone the Beaumont Police Department at 832-1234," the release states.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #124

Newmar Owners Club
I finally recieved a response for Cracker Barrel on the "RV Parking"
Here it is:

Dear Mr. ..........,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with all of us here at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store. We're always pleased to hear from our guests.

We appreciate your email to our company regarding the discussion of the RV parking at Cracker Barrel. Our corporate office does get calls occassionally regarding RV parking in our lots, but to my knowledge not to the extent of what you are reading. We would love to know of our guests experiences and invite them to please contact us with the locations they have had difficulty with.

Our coach, bus and RV spots are clearly marked for use of larger vehicles, however at times this is ignored with drivers of regular sized cars or trucks.

Please let us know of any problems you or your friends have encountered, and we will be happy to address it further. Dates and locations would be most helpful. We appreciate your patronage look forward to seeing you in one of our locations again soon.

Sincerely,

Bobbye Brawner
Guests Relations Representative
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #125

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Typical "Ya we know, thanks"
Old 01-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #126

Newmar Owners Club
I stopped at one the other day (I81 exit 150a), north of Roanoke, on my way home from working the Redskins/Seahawks game in the work truck, and there was enough room to have parked 8 - 10 RVs and toads.

chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
handicap