Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #15

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Friend of mine with his RV and trailer and mine with my trailer dealt with the same issue near Rockingham...the car and the driver was not able to leave the parking lot for quite sometime..very easy to lock him in between two RVs and trailers...when we came out he began his rant...when the 6 other fellow bikers plus myself asked him to repeat...he went to his car...shut the door and never said another word...Bet that was his last time ever...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchrome View Post
Friend of mine with his RV and trailer and mine with my trailer dealt with the same issue near Rockingham...the car and the driver was not able to leave the parking lot for quite sometime..very easy to lock him in between two RVs and trailers...when we came out he began his rant...when the 6 other fellow bikers plus myself asked him to repeat...he went to his car...shut the door and never said another word...Bet that was his last time ever...

Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #17

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop View Post
Sorry Koop if my post upsets some..But I am not the timid quiet type..When I see people doing idiotic stuff like that...and the parking lots is all about empty...just turning my head and ignoring such people is not my style..
Old 12-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchrome View Post
Sorry Koop if my post upsets some..But I am not the timid quiet type..When I see people doing idiotic stuff like that...and the parking lots is all about empty...just turning my head and ignoring such people is not my style..
I've been blocked at both ends in grocery lots. I always thank them for the coffee break. ;-)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #19

We've been to many CB over the years in our car and know about them being RV friendly. However, we never remember any CB that has had RV parking, or any real room to park them. So I guess this isn't consistent with all CBs?

Anyway, we would not be comfortable stopping in any CB on the road without knowing the specifics first.
Route 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 666 View Post
We've been to many CB over the years in our car and know about them being RV friendly. However, we never remember any CB that has had RV parking, or any real room to park them. So I guess this isn't consistent with all CBs?

Anyway, we would not be comfortable stopping in any CB on the road without knowing the specifics first.
Dont worry, just go. The chicken fried chicken awaits you. Park where you may or where you must
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
It all goes back to you can't fix stupid....

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

Dont worry, just go. The chicken fried chicken awaits you. Park where you may or where you must
Laugh... The way we operate point to point, we will probably never hit one anyway. Just curious if they are overnight friendly or just RV friendly?
Route 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not sure what all the complaining is about. Here is a company that welcomes overnight RV parking and people are whining that cars take up the RV spots? Park in back of the lot away from everyone else; we always do this when we stop for a meal. Honestly it seems like an entitlement attitude to me. We're lucky we can park there at all!
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds like some enforcement of rules should be provided by the management of the establishment. For me, no parking, no dining, regardless if its Cracker Barrel or what ever other. As mentioned above, most RV parking spaces are pretty short at Cracker Barrel, and parking on the street might be a better option than the parking lot. I have found that some of the parking lots are not too easily accessed in our RV with toad.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #25

Here in central Illinois -- the CB spaces are too short --- and many times are filled with cars.
Zephyr08Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:43 PM   #26

At Stik - Sarcasm - not logic- do I need to explain further?
HTFireMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
Not sure what all the complaining is about. Here is a company that welcomes overnight RV parking and people are whining that cars take up the RV spots? Park in back of the lot away from everyone else; we always do this when we stop for a meal. Honestly it seems like an entitlement attitude to me. We're lucky we can park there at all!
X2. How many other restaurants provide RV spots and welcome overnight parking?
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:48 PM   #28

At baraff - nope just sarcasm.

Observing the fact that people are more obviously failing to understand that BIG labeled parking spaces are for the vehicles that they were made for, kind of like the ones with the wheel chair signs.
HTFireMedic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
handicap