Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Boy if i show this park to the wife, There goes the value coach and hello to a new DP[/QUOTE]

You don't know the half of it. Monthly maintenance fees are nearly $400. I spent four months there when my Itasca 40DP was brand new and we felt like the poor kids on the block sandwiched in between the big buck units.

Very nice place though.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
As you can tell, this topic gets discussed (and cussed) on a regular basis.

As for sharing with you which parks have this rule, that's pretty tough. Although I'd estimate that fewer than 5% of all parks have this rule, there's no way to list them for you, but here's one we've stayed at: Outdoor Resort Indio - The Ultimate Motor Coach Resort - Sales and Rentals

Rick
Boy if I show this park to the wife say goodby to the value coach, and hello to the new DP

Old 08-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #31

This topic always intrigues me. The age rule ... Which by the way is "Discrimination" in the purest definition of the word... plus all the other rules that some campgrounds seem to treat as biblical always makes me wonder.

Hands down the nicest campground I have ever stayed in is Fort Wilderness Campground at Disney World, Orlando. They probably process tens of thousands of campers through there each year. ... And would you like to guess how many rules they hit me with when I drove through the gate? Zero! None! Nada! ... and especially, the age rule. There isn't one.

Conversely, after I left Fort Wilderness on my last trip, I headed out to a campground on Coco Beach which will remain nameless. This campground presented me with 2 pages of fine print rules, and even made me sign a form stating that I had read, and understood all the rules. I've gotta tell you, this just put me in a bad mood... and sort of set my mood for the rest of the stay. It sort of made me feel... Unwelcome. Made me feel more like I was an imposition, than a welcome guest.

So my question... and it's rhetorical as I think I know the answer... how can Disney process tens if thousands of people and not beat them over the head with a bunch of rules, but the little guys can't seem to get along without them. Maybe it's just the magic of Disney!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawnotes View Post
KOA in Orlando near the airport. I personally find the policy offensive and would do so if I was driving a brand new coach. I was taught not to judge someone by what they own, what they wear or what they do for a living.....
Allow me to add the color of their skin, their age or the God they worship.

Quote:
I hope to meet great people on this new adventure and I don't care if they are in a Prevost, a tent or anything in between.
Amen!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
As RickO posted earlier: it's not discrimination, it's a rule set by the owners of the RV park. They have the right to run their property as they see fit. The 10 year rule or permission if over 10 years is their right. It's NOT illegal for them to have rules.
What if they decide they don't want minorities there either? Or Jewish people? Where does it end?
Old 08-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
The vast majority of the parks with a stated 10 year rule use it to give themselves the flexability to exclude the guy that shows up with a rig held together with bailing wire and duct tape, storage bay doors missing, part of a plastic tarp taped over the window that's been broken for 5 years, and so on. We've all seen them out there. If they don't care about their own property...
Those who live in such rolling rumbling wrecks can't afford the better CGs. And why would they even try getting into them when they can find places for half the price that must take them such as COEs, State and National Parks.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #35

Again I didn't mean to start a fire. I feel that if they don't want me and my older coach I'll go somewhere that wants me and my money. We have that right we live in America.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
I sometimes wonder what that image is.
That they're somehow "better" then others. That they're above the rest. That they're the cream of the crop, the pick of the litter.

There is no other answer.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
What if they decide they don't want minorities there either? Or Jewish people? Where does it end?
Playing devils advocate, what if they do? Would a Jewish person WANT to stay where he clearly isn't welcome? A minority? Would it be better if government forced CGs to accept all-comers? Should CGs be forced to disregard everything except the ability to pay the advertised fee?
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #38

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain42 View Post
Again I didn't mean to start a fire. I feel that if they don't want me and my older coach I'll go somewhere that wants me and my money. We have that right we live in America.
Everything starts a fire! No worries. In another thread there was 4 pages of fire because the OP typo'd 'don' instead of 'do', and everybody thought he was anti-constitution.

You're exactly right. If everybody exercises their power to walk away, the free market will take care it.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
Playing devils advocate, what if they do? Would a Jewish person WANT to stay where he clearly isn't welcome? A minority? Would it be better if government forced CGs to accept all-comers? Should CGs be forced to disregard everything except the ability to pay the advertised fee?
Doesn't Gov force landlords to rent to people they may not want such as those with children? Or to African Americans? Or Muslims? Or to gay couples? CG owners should be required to do the same as landlords who rent out houses and apartments. Why a different standard?

Why would they want to stay in these places? Where else will they stay once the majority of places bar them?
Old 08-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #40

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Why would they want to stay in these places? Where else will they stay once the majority of places bar them?
Wouldn't they stay in places that welcome them? Don't you think there would be enough demand that an entrepreneurial group would start a CG that caters to [insert your favorite minorities here] and welcomes them? Wouldn't that lead to ultimate failure of the exclusionary CGs? Wouldn't people like you (and I) choose to stay in the inclusive CSs even though we might not be members of [insert your favorite minorities here]?
Old 08-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Allow me to add the color of their skin, their age or the God they worship.

Amen!
Yep.......those too Hope to see you on the road. cb
Old 08-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #42
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT

I sometimes wonder what that image is.
That their not a bone yard for anything that can get there. They want people that take pride in what they have and the image they themselves portray. They usually go together