Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #15
Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by Aguyfromcalg View Post
Do you know where you will be entering Canada? Will you be willing backtrack to Granville Island Market and Gastown in Vancouver? Are you willing to take a expensive ferry trip to Vancouver Island to see the many miles of great scenery and towns. There is a restaurant on the Malahat Highway at the summit that offers
good food and a great view. Victoria is the capital city of British Columbia that has a British flavour. One thing you will notice is the abundance of fruit stands and u pick farms as well as farmer markets when you are traveling. As for places to stay I usually choose either a provincial or national park camp site. Some national parks may have full service but may not have the 50 amp that you may require. If possible plan portions of your travels on the secondary hiways. If you have any more questions let me know and I will do my best to find the answers
Hi and thanks for the good info. We will probably enter Canada from Washington state, since we live in Oregon. We've already been to Vancouver Island, quite a few years ago, and not in an RV. We loved it and went to museums, beautiful parks, and Buchart Gardens. We stayed in Victoria and also went to Vancouver and Gastown. I don't recall going to Granville Island, though - sounds nice (it's in Canada, correct - not on the WA side?).

I recall we also travelled north on Vancouver Island and did stop at a restaurant where you could eat outside in the covered patio with a great view of mountains and a huge gorge. You could watch bald eagles soar and there were lots of hummingbird feeders hanging in the patio. Could that be the same restaurant you're referring to?

Could we go to Granville for the day and see everything in our tow vehicle? Then we could avoid the expensive trip on the ferry in the RV.

Any good RV/travel books you can recommend for traveling in an RV across Canada or does Trailer Life Directory cover Canada as well as US?

Thanks for the good info.

Jim and Susan
'00 Pace Arrow Vision 37B
Merlin, OR

meant2shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #16
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Don't miss Atlantic Canada

If you are going across canada to the east coast, be sure not to miss New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, And Prince Edward Island. (Atlantic Canada) In these three provinces you will find the most friendly people in Canada. this is a very beautiful part of the country with quaint fishing villages and very beautiful scenery everywhere to enjoy. As a previous poster has stated my home city of Moncton has two very unique attractions. The local Bay of Fundy has the lowest and highest comparative tides in the world. The tidal bore in the Petitcodiac River brings the tide in with a single large wave that brings the rivers water level up substantially. As well the Magnetic Hill experience is something that will leave you wondering, how can that be. (no charge for this attraction)
This all said, the town of Shediac is only 20 minutes away and is the Lobster Capital of the world. You can watch the fresh catch come in off the boats and purchase from the fisherman or go to the local lobster shops and buy them already cooked. They are soooooo good.
Both Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia are beautiful.
If going to PEI don't miss Twin Shores Campground. It is one of the best I have seen and the sunsets over the ocean is spectacular. I could go on for ever, but your best plan is to request the packages from the provincial tourist information. If you wan't to send Carol and I a private message, we will get these sent to you.
As well if visiting our area, we would love to show you the local area.
I hope you have a spectacular trip.

Akibase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #17
There are many places to visit and I hope that everyone will chip in with their favorites. I would strongly recommend stopping in Ottawa. It has a good Municipal campground in the city. There are a number of National Museums, the Rideau Canal, Gatineau Park, and the Market in the centre of the city.

2004 CRV
Brake Buddy Blue Ox Aventa II
Ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote