Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #1

RV Plus Card payments

Got our new RV Plus cards in the mail week before last and have used it once. We opted for the $1000 limit because we did not wish to provide our banking information at that time. Saved $.04 per gallon at the pump. Now, trying to figure out how to pay the bill without waiting for a statement. I went to the FAQ page at www.rvpluscard.com and it states:

All payments must be paid in full by the due date. There are no carried balances and any late payment will result in an automatic disabling of the card. You will receive a bill every 30 days and payment is due 15 days later. You can also pay your bill online at any time, even before you receive your statement.

But I could not find a place to actually remit payment. I called, and spoke with someone in customer service who told me that they are "still working on that option, but it is not available yet." She stated that at this time, you must wait to receive a statement online and then you must mail a check in to make payment. ?????

Just wondering if anyone else has had any luck paying their bill online, and if so, how did you access that option?
danandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #2

Website payment option

The payment option is now listed on your account page. Please click on "pay my bill" in the lower right hand corner of the main screen, after logging in.

We apologize for the unacceptable customer service. We will continue to make changes to the website and overall program, to best fit your needs.
PilotFlyingJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #3

Pilot/Flying J - Thanks for the quick response. However, went through this with customer service already. Logged in and it took me to "card lookup" page; no payment link on there. Next, chose the card that had the open balance on it, and it took me to "card detail page"; still no payment link there. The customer service person told me that the option to pay online was "still being worked on". ???
Old 03-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #4

It was added this afternoon..

The link to be able to pay on line was just added to the website late this afternoon. Have you had a chance to go back on the website to verify it's not on your screen?
PilotFlyingJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #5

Sorry ... just checked and it's still not there. Sent you a p.m. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just tried to fill up my toad with this card. Long story short, it wouldn't allow me to use the card even though I had been all week. Call them and they are having "IT" problems and I couldn't use my card. Then I went online to try and pay my charges and it would not accept my payments.

Right now I am not impressed with this non-charge card.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #7

I would like to add that after my last post on this subject, someone from Flying J called me and was able to add the payment option to my account page. She was very apologetic, helpful, and I was impressed. Hopefully they will get all the problems worked out of their system quickly; they seem to be trying very hard.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Attached is a pic of my screen showing the Pay My Bill link at the lower right hand corner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PFJ_Screen.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	19157  
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:32 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Gas is about $4.30 a gallon here. I don't know if it would be worth the hassle to pay $4.26 a gallon.

I avoid Pilot and Flying J stations because of the layout of their pumps for gas plus the number of people who could ram my motorhome. Some of these people really shouldn't be out running around unattended without their handler.

I look for empty stations with lots of room to maneuver.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:02 AM   #10

After a long wait I got the card and found the $1000 limit ridiculous. I wouldn't give them my account number, so just cancelled the whole thing. Isn't worth the hassle. Pilot obviously was not ready for the large number of requests for this card. I'll use the other one if I use Pilot and still get a little discount.
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:40 AM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Thumbs down Pilot RV card iffy?

It is a little late on this thread, but I just had a very bad experience with my Pilot RV Plus card. As all you probably know they do not let you pay with a check, or on line with bill pay, etc, but REQUIRE that you give them your bank account number so they can take money from your account to pay your bill in full each month.

I went on line, gave them permission to take the $87.34 that I owed for a purchase, but then all of a sudden they are taking $884.70 from my account, which is what my balance was the month before, which I had already paid last month.

I called them requested that they don't take over $770 more than they were owed, but guess what, they TOOK IT ANYWAY! I called then again, now I get lip service that they can't reverse the funds, that they can only issue me a check and snail mail it! Really, Really, in this day and age, they can't credit my bank account for the overage that THEY TOOK! I cancelled my card, they can not be trusted to do the right thing!

Has anyone else had this experience with this company?
Orville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:41 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

No, but had a similar experience elsewhere. When you activate an auto-pay method, the billing computer checks for a balance due vs your payment date and does its "auto" thing. If another payment hasn't actually been processed yet, you end up double-paying. And yes, the account correction process is typically a manual transaction, often involving a lengthy review process and perhaps a check via mail. I learned to be very careful about pending transactions when activating an auto-pay option.

I've had no problems whatsoever with PFJ pulling payments from my bank account, but with any such thing YOU are always the one at risk of there is some sort of error. The company will correct it, but it may not be as timely as you it should be.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:08 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I don't understand the basic premise of your post. They do accept checks. While I do all my banking on-line and no longer hand write checks, that is exactly what is sent to them each time I do make a payment.

I try to avoid the auto draft whenever possible, for just this reason. Once screwed up it takes an act of Congress to get it straight. Unfortunately a couple of our utility providers insist. So far so good.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:14 PM   #14

I send them a check every month I owe money...Never a problem......
sd1209 is offline   Reply With Quote