Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUCKSHAVEN View Post
Steve, could you tell me about the place and whats going on with the new park CypressTrails ?

Thanks
Ken
Hey Ken,

Actually we are down here now. We rented our lot over the winter and travelled. Then in April we came down with the intention of staying until sometime in June. We just don't seem to be able to leave. It's very quite this time of year as it's primarily a snowbird retreat. There are a few year rounders here but the big pool is definitely not crowded. I think there are around 480 lots here. A very nice clubhouse & a full calendar of activities from Thanksgiving through April fools day. *

The new place is a "no show" so far. I'm very suspicious of the announcement. There is certainly no local info available.

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Hey Ken,

Actually we are down here now. We rented our lot over the winter and travelled. Then in April we came down with the intention of staying until sometime in June. We just don't seem to be able to leave. It's very quite this time of year as it's primarily a snowbird retreat. There are a few year rounders here but the big pool is definitely not crowded. I think there are around 480 lots here. A very nice clubhouse & a full calendar of activities from Thanksgiving through April fools day. *

The new place is a "no show" so far. I'm very suspicious of the announcement. There is certainly no local info available.
We might be headed that way for a spell,1-2yrs and I am looking into possibly purchasing a lot . The NEW place looks like they are trying to pre-fill orders with the intro price starting @ 39K. I really like good deals, but would hate to end up with a piece of under-developed land. I have one of those in Sebring FL :(
Are there any good deals where your at ,that you know of ?

Thanks for the info

Ken

Old 07-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #17
edj

I would never 'buy' a site in a campground. It is easy to buy and usually very hard to get rid of it. One does not know how they will feel a couple years in the future. The CG management may change policies, you may get 'nasty' neighbors, you may get tired of the area and a thousand other reasons that you want to move on with your travels and life.
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edj View Post
I would never 'buy' a site in a campground. It is easy to buy and usually very hard to get rid of it. One does not know how they will feel a couple years in the future. The CG management may change policies, you may get 'nasty' neighbors, you may get tired of the area and a thousand other reasons that you want to move on with your travels and life.
For my situation, We have about two years left before total freedom from work. If by chance I am transfered to the Ft Meyers/Naples area to work, the cost of a decent spot for the year ranges from 10k to 12K++ per year . It might be cost effective to possibly purchase a lot for 39-49k plus association fee's for the two years . Then use it as a homebase when we are in Florida, and rent it out when we are exploring.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #19

Ken,

Lots in here range from $60s which are pretty much as the developer sold them, to the $150s which are on a lake with lots of landscaping & built out coach house. I suspect Cypress Trails is pretty much a marketing effort at this point. The property has been rough graded with streets roughed in. There has been no activity on it in the 100 days or so that we have been here this trip. There is a real estate sign on the fence saying property available. The developer is a firm out of Alaska and I think the advertising so far is a marketing trial balloon. If you go to the web site, all the pictures were taken in our place.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Ken,

Lots in here range from $60s which are pretty much as the developer sold them, to the $150s which are on a lake with lots of landscaping & built out coach house. I suspect Cypress Trails is pretty much a marketing effort at this point. The property has been rough graded with streets roughed in. There has been no activity on it in the 100 days or so that we have been here this trip. There is a real estate sign on the fence saying property available. The developer is a firm out of Alaska and I think the advertising so far is a marketing trial balloon. If you go to the web site, all the pictures were taken in our place.
Steve,

If you don't mind ,what are the association fee's per month, at your location?
Old 07-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #21

Quote:
rent it out when we are exploring.
This sounds great, but in actual practice, RV parks in the Fort Myers area are usually only full during the 3 month season which is the same time you will want to be there. Your site will be in rental competition with the company owned sites. You can guess which will get rented. I was born in Fort Myers and other than Jan, Feb, and March, it is easy to get sites with no reservations. I would not count on too much rental income in the off season.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #22

It's $550/ Quarterly
Old 07-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #23

Here's one in the Northwest

Deeded Golf course lot for sale, located in Quincy Washington on State Route 281, 5 miles north of US Interstate 90, 5 miles South of downtown Quincy, half way between Wenatchee and Moses Lake.

The Grant County municipal golf course is about 6,000 yds, 18 holes and par 71. The lot is located on #12 fairway, a par 3 hole. Annual membership, with unlimited play, is $600 for one $800 for two and a $100 trail fee with your cart. Colockum Ridge Golf Course - Home

The lot is somewhere around 3,000 sf, measuring about 45' wide by 65' long. It is fully developed with a concrete parking pad, decorative brick patio, flowers and shrubbery, small grass lawn and a nice 10' X 12' storage building with a lot of shelves and cabinet/work bench and can garage the golf cart.
It will accommodate the largest MH built. It is not appropriate for a trailer or 5th wheel trailer because of the lot orientation. Modular homes up to 1100 sf are permitted. Plumbing for water, electric and sewer, on the concrete parking pad, are already in place.

The development is regulated by a home owners association. There are 99 lots in the development but only 77 owners because several owners own multiple lots. Annual assessment is $600 per year. Water, sewer, common area maintenance and weekly garbage included. The development has a community pool, hot tub and a covered patio. Electricity is supplied by Grant County PUD, who own several hydro-electric dams. Current rate is $0.034/KWH. Grant County Public Utility District

Located in Central Washington, Quincy's summer climate is very mild and dry. From June through October, temperatures mostly in the 80's, occasionally in the low 90's or high 70's with virtually no rain. Welcome to the City of Quincy, Where Agriculture Meets Technology - QuincyWashington.us - Home

An electric golf cart, patio table and 4 chairs are available if desired.

If you are interested in a great summer location to play golf, give me a call for more information and photos. 541-912-7249

Jim
Old 07-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #24

Try the Palms RV Resort in Yuma AZ.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #25

The Naples Signature RV Resort in Naples Florida is very nice as well. We own a lot there but rarely use it. Be sure to inquire all of the requirements as many have rules as to Class A ONLY or no older than 10 years. Many have HOA dues for mowing etc. Property Taxes and electric. Most owners also rent out their lots also.