Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #15

well agian thanks to u all ,, there have been some good points made ,, and sorry about the window thing ,, i forgot that some are "one use only" mine is on hinges ,, and i do test it ,, but as ia said in my other post ,, if i can't get to the window ,, nothing is gonna stop me from breaking out any other ones to get out ,, and good post about the tire thing ,, Michellin had a video about that exat thing ,, if i can find it again i will post it ,, but one other thing i would like to add if i may ,, is how many ck the pedistal before pluggin in ,, i know alot will say they have the protector just for that ,, i also do ,, but those that don't ,, i want to send this out to them ,, most woould not realize how many pedistals are miss wired or have power on the grounds ,, most Cg's really don;t have a maint type schedule to ck stuff like that and they only know about it if there is a prob ,, but that prob can be after an rv goes up in flames ,, which is sad ,, i know non of us want that

tnarvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #16

i would like to add more to this if it's ok ,, but not on rv safety ,, but rv Maint ,, like what u all do or have done before or during a trip ,, it is not limited to just out side maint ,, but also interior maint ,, i for one ,, wax my counter tops with car wax ,, faucets and everything ,, that way they do not spot and any stuff that might get on them is easy to clean up ,, i also wax the inside and outside of my windows ,, it helps them to be easy to clean and also i have found that it does help if and when u get condensation on them on the inside ,, to me they don't fog as bad ,, that is a few i have for now

Old 04-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #17

Check all connections in electric panel to make sure vibration has not loosened any connections.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:04 AM   #18

If necessary the fire extinguisher makes a real good window opener!! Just swing it real hard against any stuck window and then clear any residual glass with the bedding or a piece of clothing. Anything to get out quickly before being overcome by smoke or fire!!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #19

great ,, i see more are chiming in on this post ,, and i like it ,, i am the type that kinda over thinks about "what could happen" since i see it day to day ,, and from my point of view it could have been avoided ,, "but that is just me " ,, but thanks to all that have responded to this thread ,, i was only doing it to keep u all ur toes ,, it is funny how we forget the basic stuff ,, and when we need it ,, we forget ,, but keep it up ,, cause u all know there will be new members that might see this ,, agian thanks to u all ,, ur GREAT
Old 04-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
I make grab and go backpacks for all our vehicles, in case of tornadoes... I live in Kansas....so each car/RV has a Red emergency bag with food/water purify, and first aid items for 2 people for 2 days/ Also the duct tape, rain poncho, playing cards, crank flashlights with siren, radio, etc on them....never hurts to be prepared.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I make grab and go backpacks for all our vehicles, in case of tornadoes... I live in Kansas....so each car/RV has a Red emergency bag with food/water purify, and first aid items for 2 people for 2 days/ Also the duct tape, rain poncho, playing cards, crank flashlights with siren, radio, etc on them....never hurts to be prepared.
that is a good one ,, i have been thru a tornado ,, and tropical storm ,, the tornado hit us a yr ago in Greenback ,, and took all but the plywood off my roof ,, i was lucky ,, others had worse ,, and as far as the tropical storm ,, i sat thru tropical storm Barry ,, about 5 yrs ago in June in Mrytle Beach ,, it hit at high tide and in the middle of the night ,, we had to move from our spot on the beach ,, due to flooding ,, and then the power went out at the park ,, but know biggy ,, just fired up the genset ,, we ran it for 2 whole days ,, funny thing is ,, i have never understood "why" the coastal areas loose power ,, and such ,, i kinda know why ,, it can not be avoided ,, but the biggy was all the trees down blocking the entrance and exit out of the park ,, u would think they would think of this stuff ,, but oh well ,, we made it ,, and so did others ,, and that is all that matters
Old 04-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #22

well i had to bring this to the top agian ,, due to what i had to work on today ,, i had class c towed to my shop today ,, and the left side duals came off ,,, did some pretty good damage to the fenderwell as also to the sewer connection ,, they said "they felt some vibration but it quit" ,, well both wheels came off ,, and i cked the other ones ,, and guess what ??? the right side front was very loose as far as the lug nuts go ,, but to get to my point ,, "when was the last time any of u cked the torque on ur rv lug nuts ??? IMO ,, ithink u should do this regularly ,, i know i do ,, and if i am not mistaken ,, there is a sticker on all rvs that states just that ,, don't get me wrong ,, i am not implying anything to any of u ,, just wanting to maybe make some of u think ,, this rv is gonna need alot of work ,, and the sad part is ,, it could have all been avoided ,, but as i said "no reflection on any of u all "

Tags
safety