Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2010, 07:25 AM   #43

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojavaphil View Post
The thread is shut down? Seems active to me.
No, it is a prediction, not a statement of fact. In the past, there have been heated exchanges between those who want to keep guns for personal safety and those who want guns banned. There are strong organizations behind each side of the debate and it often becomes a political shouting match - which gets the thread closed for violation of the "no politics" rules.

A similar thread was recently locked on RV net. One can never know what posts might have been deleted prior to the decision to lock the tread but sometimes it takes only one.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #44

That would be sad as this thread has been nothing but civil and informative. In light of the RV hijacking in Santa Rosa it would seem more important IMHO.
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojavaphil View Post
That would be sad as this thread has been nothing but civil and informative. In light of the RV hijacking in Santa Rosa it would seem more important IMHO.
Ditto Phil!! I've become somewhat callous to naysayers in every aspect of our society -- I'll abide by the law and I will be prepared for the ones who don't!
Old 08-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #46

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
all i know we came through canada so no weapons.my self never been in the service and i thank all of you who has served.didn't want no trouble crossing the boarder it was hard to leave my smith & weston model 836 hamer less & mcp 380 home. came threw new hampshire and seen on there lic plate live free or die.that saids it all.
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #47

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Lord I love to read the high testosterone threads!! Wondering how many have actually heard a shot fired in anger
Anger is not the reason to fire a shot fear for your life or the life of a loved one is a reason
Oh, I am not the one that uses the testosterone, slowpoke fits that category but I would be quick to use a handgun or shotgun in a heartbeat if necessary !
I like the Texas law in regards to 'fear' for your life....
have a blessed day!

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Me n Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #48

Doc Have seen many shots fired in anger both in my direction and returned fire.
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:38 AM   #49

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhauler View Post
Doc Have seen many shots fired in anger both in my direction and returned fire.
RVhauler, I apologize for being so forgetful of the many times a soldier, including my own family of soldiers, that have been engaged in a life threatening situation on behalf of everyone here in the 'safety' of the United States . I was only thinking of the situations here in the USA and there are many of those everyday. If someone doesn't believe it, all they have to do is turn the morning news on daily to hear about several area shootings.
take care, have a blessed day
Helen

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Me n Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:10 AM   #50

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hear are my reasons for choosing the "Judge" as a personal defense weapon.
I am not a porficient with a handgun as with a rifle.
In the confines of a motorhome it would be difficult to handle a shotgun.
Penetrating power is not important to me, A blast in the face with birdshot would probably change anyones intentions.
There is nothing in my RV that is so important to me that I am willing to risk my life for, save my wife and myself. My insurance will cover theft. Step into my bedroom and you will meet the Judge.
My prefered loading is 1 round of #6 birdshot. 3 rounds of #000 buckshot, 1 round .45 long colt hollow point.
I have never had to fire a weapon at anyone and hope I never have to. The one ocasion that it worked well as a deterent all I had to do was show that I had it and was willing to use it if necessary. A good bluff can work wonders. Just looking at the Judge is as intimidating as a large dog and you dont have to feed it.
The only thing that would be better in my opinion would be a hand grenade but that would sure make a mess.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:25 AM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
I carry a 9mm or a .40 depending on my mood, but if I had a choice, my choice would be the Judge. Since I live in the wonderful, progressive, gun friendly state of California, I can't buy a Judge, we consider them a short barreled shotgun under 18". Hope all of you that have them, enjoy them!

Dennis
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:20 AM   #52

I thought I'd share this with all.

http://www.KOB.com/kobtvimages/repos...0Complaint.pdf
Old 08-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Phil -- very sad that two honest folks had their lives taken by folks that only be described as 'non-human' and the scum of our society! All three of them should be taken in front of a firing squad immediately. We'll drag this through the courts and legal system for years at a cost of thousands of dollars THEN provide them with room and board, including free medical/dental for the rest of their sorry lives.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #54

John,

I totally agree with you, these folks just need to be put out of their misery!

This incident really brings a lot out. We speak of RV Security and immediately think guns yet it goes beyond the gun. When we left ALB for the North, family knew we were on the road and expected us to be gone. If I called my sister once a week it was good and if I did not no one would have said much. Had we been RV-Jacked no one would have missed us for quite awhile as we were expected to be gone. Rest Areas and truck stops. People traveling use these extensively to take breaks and refuel. I know pulling into a rest area I am tired from driving and just want to walk around. I do look around, but in light of what I just read, I will do so with more detail. The Haas's were on vacation, and the last thing they were thinking about were these loser's looking for a motel room. I encourage forum members to think about their habits when on the road, along with weapons, to enhance their security. The Haas's were armed and that seems to be part of the security puzzle but not the total picture. Anyone want to add to this?
Old 08-24-2010, 12:55 PM   #55

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
It sounds like Gary & Linda never had a chance. I hope the felons get the death penalty if possible.

If you are allowed in the state you are in and you have a CCP it is always wise to have your weapon on you when going to a rest stop. Not to mention to LOCK your vehicle or Motor home when you leave it.

We take so many things for granted when we travel. You should always try and be aware of your surroundings when you pull over. But it's hard when you are tired and preoccupied with the coach and your spouse and kids.

I am a Vietnam vet and an avid hunter and outdoors man. So I have used many kinds of firearms for many years. Sometime it comes down to just you, to protect yourself and your family.

Be Safe...Be prepared... Regards... Jim P.
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
hand grenade
Now that would make for an interesting key ring.

FYI - Received a new Cabela's ad today. It has the Judge w/ case and holster on sale.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote