Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
RV Show in Springfield, Ma. this weekend.

I was wondering if anyone will be attending this event. My wife and I have never been to an RV show before and are looking forward to this. Hopefully we will get some ideas on new places to go to and innovations for our motorhome. Are these shows worthwhile going to?
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well, the one in Chicago (also the same weekend) pretty much sucks, but it depends what you're looking for/at. It's about 70% travel trailers and pop ups, 15% Fifth Wheels, 10% Class A's and 5% Class C and B's. I have found the few really interesting units are usually sold and they won't let anyone see them.
That said, and I can't speak to the Springfield show, but for us it's a chance to get out of the house and do something before we go stark, raving mad with cabin fever.
I say go anyway, and enjoy the day!
baraff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
Well, the one in Chicago (also the same weekend) pretty much sucks, but it depends what you're looking for/at. It's about 70% travel trailers and pop ups, 15% Fifth Wheels, 10% Class A's and 5% Class C and B's. I have found the few really interesting units are usually sold and they won't let anyone see them.
That said, and I can't speak to the Springfield show, but for us it's a chance to get out of the house and do something before we go stark, raving mad with cabin fever.
I say go anyway, and enjoy the day!
Thanks Baraff. That is the way that we are looking at it. Here it is in February and we are fully in the grips of cabin fever and these kinds of shows get us out of the house.
Bummer about only 5% being class C's because that is exactly what we have. Oh well. We're gonna go anyway just to say that we've been to one.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase View Post
Thanks Baraff. That is the way that we are looking at it. Here it is in February and we are fully in the grips of cabin fever and these kinds of shows get us out of the house.
Bummer about only 5% being class C's because that is exactly what we have. Oh well. We're gonna go anyway just to say that we've been to one.
I went last year and plan on going again this year. I rethought it was a pretty good show, lots of RV,s to walk through if so inclined, lots of vendors etc
2016 Montana 3611RL, residential refrigerator, washer & dryer, dual pane windows, theater seats, slide toppers, full body paint, Onan 5500, Moryde Independent suspension, disc brakes, 2018 Denali Duramax 3500
Ricos Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:40 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricos Ride View Post
I went last year and plan on going again this year. I rethought it was a pretty good show, lots of RV,s to walk through if so inclined, lots of vendors etc
That's what I want to see. Some of the newer RV's and walk through them. Maybe check out knowledgeable people who can tell me more about inverters, etc.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #6
DJ

I haven't been in a few years but the Springfield show was always of the best in the Northeast.
DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Horizon... Hope all is going well with the View/Navion.
We go to the Springfield show just to get out of the house during the winter and think about fun in the sun.
The Springfield show is full of tent campers and travel trailers. There are very few motorhomes to look through.
The best part for you will be the campground booths. Just about every Campground in the Northeast has a booth at the show. You can spend the whole day just checking out campgrounds and talking to CG owners.
We usually take in a seminar or two. They are free and worth at least what you pay for them . Last year we went to Barry's seminar on Full Timing, it was pretty informative, but mostly, Barry is an interesting and fun guy to talk to about RVing.

Have fun at the show, We will probably go Saturday if our schedule allows.
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:16 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Mac View Post
Hi Horizon... Hope all is going well with the View/Navion.
We go to the Springfield show just to get out of the house during the winter and think about fun in the sun.
The Springfield show is full of tent campers and travel trailers. There are very few motorhomes to look through.
The best part for you will be the campground booths. Just about every Campground in the Northeast has a booth at the show. You can spend the whole day just checking out campgrounds and talking to CG owners.
We usually take in a seminar or two. They are free and worth at least what you pay for them . Last year we went to Barry's seminar on Full Timing, it was pretty informative, but mostly, Barry is an interesting and fun guy to talk to about RVing.

Have fun at the show, We will probably go Saturday if our schedule allows.
I'll have to seek out Barry while we are there and check out the CG booths.
I know that I would enjoy the full time & boondocking seminars. I tip my hat to those folks.
Have fun there!
Jim
Old 02-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #9

Has anyone gone on Friday?
I'd prefer to go that day, but am wondering if everything will be set up yet or not....
andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Horizonchase, please post back and let us know how the show was. We're going to the Chicago show Saturday.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Horizonchase, please post back and let us know how the show was. We're going to the Chicago show Saturday.
Will do Baraff. Please do likewise and have a good time.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We went to the Chicago show today and it was much better than years' previous. There were actually quite a few motorhomes; several Class C's and A's. Still a ton of Travel trailers and Fifth Wheels.
We got a look at the Coachman Concord, which we liked. In years past they only had 1 on the floor and it was always sold and locked up. This year there were at least 3.
One other thing I noticed was that the sold units were still being shown, which was not the case in previous years. Maybe there were too many complaints. Also Camping World was there and they had a bunch of stuff.
I really like the Tiffin Allegro Breeze. They had a 32' model, which is too big for us, (we like to go to state and fed parks), but Tiffin makes a 28' model. Seems to be good quality. Maybe someday.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
We went to the Chicago show today and it was much better than years' previous. There were actually quite a few motorhomes; several Class C's and A's. Still a ton of Travel trailers and Fifth Wheels.
We got a look at the Coachman Concord, which we liked. In years past they only had 1 on the floor and it was always sold and locked up. This year there were at least 3.
One other thing I noticed was that the sold units were still being shown, which was not the case in previous years. Maybe there were too many complaints. Also Camping World was there and they had a bunch of stuff.
I really like the Tiffin Allegro Breeze. They had a 32' model, which is too big for us, (we like to go to state and fed parks), but Tiffin makes a 28' model. Seems to be good quality. Maybe someday.
Baraff,
It is 8:08 a.m. and as soon as the DW takes her shower we will be on our way to Springfiled.
It is snowing here in Massachusetts on this Sunday morning so the 90 min. ride to Springfiels will take a bit longer. The snow also helps to keep the crowds down .
I am looking forward to seeing the many new MH's there. I'll keep an eye out for the Coachman Concord if there are any displayed there. Before we bought the Itasca we had our first, and only camper. It was a Coachman Catalina ( 1998 ) nice unit, really. Everything worked just fine!
We sort of like the Tiffin Allegro Red but that is just a pipe dream fo us. But like you say "Maybe someday"!
We can dream, can't we?
Be well and I'll let you know how it went upon our return home.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I wish I was going to the Springfield RV show today too, but I didn't wan't to drive 100 miles in the snow. Oh yeah and also because went to Rte 125 RV & Marine yesterday in Rochester, NH and signed all the papers to make a 2008 Winnebago 35J our new motorhome. We need to get plates etc, and will go get it in March! I am excited and worried at the same. Time will tell.