Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2015, 07:59 PM   #15

RV SnapPad Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
"DVO Wils"....sorry your pad wasn't for me, but it sure is nice that you're here on the forum discussing them.....that's very impressive.

Side note:.....I have HWH jacks with large pads on a DP. I've found that many locations where I stay (other than asphalt or concrete) the top of my pads will collect debris like dirt and small rocks. Even after driving home, the debris is still there. Your pads are nice, but I see the opening on top as a dirt/rock collector. Maybe down the road, you could add a medium density foam insert (permanent piece-snapped in after installation) to the top of the pad after it locks into place, to keep the pad from collecting junk.
All feedback is very much welcomed. Very interesting suggestion Don, we will definitely take it into consideration
RV SnapPad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2015, 03:35 AM   #16

Any concern about water collecting between rv snap pad and leveler, increasing rust?

Thanks for all the comments!

Sylvia R.
sylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:12 AM   #17

I would do this in a minute if the pads were 12" or 14" in diameter. That is the size I use when on asphalt or on grass. My current jack are 9' in diameter but for some reason are cup shaped which helps them bury themselves into the ground.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:53 AM   #18

Yeah, I don't understand what problem they are trying to solve. I only use pads when on soft ground and need alot larger pads to keep jacks from sinking in the ground. These would just make a slightly bigger, octagon shaped hole.
tkcas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:05 AM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Look interesting. I may invest when I get the Hydraulics fixed.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:54 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylrob View Post
Any concern about water collecting between rv snap pad and leveler, increasing rust?

Thanks for all the comments!

Sylvia R.
Hi Sylvia,
The connection between the SnapPad and the metal jack foot is water tight and there is a bolt access hole on the bottom which will allow water to drain should the jacks be lowered into a puddle.
SnapPad has been design to protect the jack from damage to the protective coating it comes with, therefore lessening the likelihood of rust and other issues.

Great question!
Old 11-30-2015, 10:00 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcurt23 View Post
I would do this in a minute if the pads were 12" or 14" in diameter. That is the size I use when on asphalt or on grass. My current jack are 9' in diameter but for some reason are cup shaped which helps them bury themselves into the ground.
Hmm you might have HWH or the PowerGear leveling system. We've noticed that as well and are looking into making designs that fit on a variety of leveling systems including the cup shaped jack feet.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:14 AM   #22

RV SnapPad Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkcas01 View Post
Yeah, I don't understand what problem they are trying to solve. I only use pads when on soft ground and need alot larger pads to keep jacks from sinking in the ground. These would just make a slightly bigger, octagon shaped hole.
Our main goal was to design a product that you only had to install once and freed up storage space while still providing the the necessary weight dispersal of a regular jack pad. We would have ideally made the pad larger in length, width and height but for weight and clearance considerations we went with the current design. We can completely understand from some of the pictures how they would visually appear not to provide much support. Hopefully you run into someone who currently uses them so they can give you an honest review of how effective they are.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:19 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV SnapPad View Post
Appreciate your opinion Dale (& or Mark).
You're right, SnapPads are made for 9" round jack feet so for your large 12" square pads wouldn't fit and there wouldn't be enough weight distribution.
Devan W
Here's an opinion you may not appreciate:
Me thinks you invented, and are trying to sell, an RV accessory searching for a problem to solve.
Sorry
Mel
'96 Safari, 144k miles
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:40 AM   #24

I looked at the installation instructions and it does not even mention putting these on a motorhome, only trailers. Pictures show no motorhome either so what am I missing?
Old 11-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #25

RV SnapPad Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
I looked at the installation instructions and it does not even mention putting these on a motorhome, only trailers. Pictures show no motorhome either so what am I missing?
Good point!

Our photoshoot was done in one day on fifth wheel which is why we only have pictures of them on a trailer.

As far as the instructions it is slightly more complicated to put them on a trailer as it needs to be unhooked after the front 2 jacks are lowered, also the front jacks have a slight 5 degree angle which may require the use of a small shim to complete installation.

Motorhome installation is simpler as the jacks are vertical, general only have 4 instead of 6 and obviously do not require any type of unhooking from a truck.

For those reason we focused on the trailer installation. That being said you bring up a valid point and we should have a small section for motorhomes. I will bring your suggestion to the powers that be. Thanks for your comment!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winnebago-w-leveling.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	113053  
Old 11-30-2015, 12:03 PM   #26

RV SnapPad Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Devan W
Here's an opinion you may not appreciate:
Me thinks you invented, and are trying to sell, an RV accessory searching for a problem to solve.
Sorry
Mel
'96 Safari, 144k miles
All inventions are solutions to perceived problems. We feel it's a problem and it's your right to either agree or disagree with it. Either way we still appreciate your feedback.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:10 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV SnapPad View Post
All inventions are solutions to perceived problems. We feel it's a problem and it's your right to either agree or disagree with it. Either way we still appreciate your feedback.
Devon
Thanks for that thoughtful and courteous reply.
Mel
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:36 AM   #28

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sounds like Devon knows his business and treats his customers with respect. I appreciate that in any business that I deal with.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Sheriffbubba is offline   Reply With Quote