Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2016, 09:57 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
I've installed the Snap Pads on our 43' 18K 5th wheel and love them. Don't worry about putting down something else for pads unless on really, really soft ground. And as commented earlier, always seemed to rain just before getting ready to leave, thus pulling out wet and muddy pads to put into the storage compartment. Now just raise the jacks and ready to hit the road.
Thank you for the feedback!
RV SnapPad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2016, 05:28 PM   #44

I will add one note about ordering a set of Snap Pads. If you order make sure you use a credit card that doesn't charge a Foreign Transaction Fee. Although Made in the USA, their billing comes out of Canada and not knowing that it cost be an additional 3% because of the card I used, If I had known in advance I would have used the card I normally use when traveling in Canada to avoid the extra fee.
2018 Silverado 3500HD High Country Dually 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, Sailun 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:43 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
I will add one note about ordering a set of Snap Pads. If you order make sure you use a credit card that doesn't charge a Foreign Transaction Fee. Although Made in the USA, their billing comes out of Canada and not knowing that it cost be an additional 3% because of the card I used, If I had known in advance I would have used the card I normally use when traveling in Canada to avoid the extra fee.
Excellent tip! You are correct we manufacture in Indiana with our corporate offices operating in Western Canada.

We will take you suggestion into consideration when updating our website.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:55 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Will there be Snappads for sale at Winnebago's Grand National Rally starting 7/18/16?
Would be nice to avoid shipping across country.
RV Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:05 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Vagabond View Post
Will there be Snappads for sale at Winnebago's Grand National Rally starting 7/18/16?
From talking to them they don't make them for Motorhomes. Just 5th wheels (smaller pads)

I asked for my Fleetwood Storm and they said sorry....I asked for our new Thor Tuscany 34st and again sorry "coming soon" That was about a year ago and still waiting.

I made my own out of horse stall pad which is the same material.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:03 PM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
I am still wondering what the purpose is for ? and what would be the possible thought for it being "environmentally friendly" ?
Me too. What are they supposed to do, make a bigger footprint?
Old 06-23-2016, 05:41 PM   #49

I put mine on today.

I had my neighbor come over and I used the manual jack mode to raise and lower the jacks as he lined them up and sprayed them with soapy water, I could hear them "snap" on as I lowered the supports. It was very easy with a helper, took about 10 minutes or less. After that I auto leveled the RV again and it was a much smoother and quieter level than ever before and I could feel the "softer" landing, very noticable. I have it on my RV park pad made of asphalt next to my house. I think I am going to like these and for under $100 it is well worth it. IMHO.

My only complaint is they need to be clear on how to install on motorhomes, skewed to 5th wheels.

But is is pretty simple, soapy water them up, line up and drop the leveler down and they snap right on!
KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:46 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Vagabond View Post
Hi Jerry,

We won't be at the rally but if you'd like us to send them to an address at or near the rally, while you are there, we will ensure your pads get to you on time.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:49 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoSRT10 View Post
From talking to them they don't make them for Motorhomes. Just 5th wheels (smaller pads)

I asked for my Fleetwood Storm and they said sorry....I asked for our new Thor Tuscany 34st and again sorry "coming soon" That was about a year ago and still waiting.

I made my own out of horse stall pad which is the same material.
Although the original SnapPads are geared towards LCI's 'Level up' & 'Ground Control' systems, which are found mostly on 5th wheels, they do work on motorhomes as well as long as they are equipped with LCI's jacks.

Promise we are working on new versions. We haven't forgot about you!
Old 06-23-2016, 11:09 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
Me too. What are they supposed to do, make a bigger footprint?
Good question!

The environmentally friendly aspect is referring to the fact we produce them from recycled rubber. So by purchasing SnapPads you're helping keep used tires out of the landfill.

The main purpose is to act as a permanent jack pad. Install once and forget about them. Frees up some storage space for other more important items and now you won't have to crawl underneath your rig when setting up.

Yes they give you a larger footprint (61% more surface area per foot to be exact). Which prevents you from damaging the asphalt at the RV park or pushing through soft terrain.
They also help protect you jack from damaged cause by rocks, gravel and other road debris.
As 'KTM251ss' mentioned the rubber material dampens vibrations when you move around your RV. Giving you a more solid feeling.

Ideally we would have liked to make them thicker, wider and generally bigger but for clearance and weight considerations our testing found the 11" Octagon to be the optimal size. (At least for LCI's jacks)

Hope that helps Here to answer another questions you may have.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:19 AM   #53

I have 8" round pads on my DP, when are they going to be available in this size?
Thanks
KTMsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:14 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMsc View Post
I have 8" round pads on my DP, when are they going to be available in this size?
Thanks
Pushing for this Fall! We'll keep you updated!
Thanks
Old 06-29-2016, 01:59 PM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Any Fourth of July or summer discounts available like last Christmas's 10% off?
Old 07-30-2016, 05:57 PM   #56

Snap Pads - WE LOVE THEM!

We just put them on our leveler bases and love them. No more bending over to add extra stabilizer support. My husband keeps them clean with an occasional leaf blower if needed as they can collect dirt and debris if you are not careful. A larger base with drains would be a better design but we are very happy with ours. We have not noticed an issue with a collection of water though.
Sunshine23 is offline   Reply With Quote