Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2016, 10:59 AM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm just jealous of all you guys that store at home.....My HOA only allows RV's to enter the community for loading and unloading. Meanwhile, I dream about how to get on the road between scheduled trips.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2016, 11:52 AM   #16

Heartland RV Club
I keep my 5ther at home parked on gravel. The last 4 yrs I paid someone to store it for me, now it sits in my yard for free.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:42 PM   #17

My last 3 motorhomes have been in my back yard for the last 18 years. They sit in the hot sun, rain and dirt but that has been okay since it is in my yard. I am now moving and have an enclosed 40 foot garage with power in a secured country club environment. It is a couple miles from my new home and my HOA permits me to park in my yard for up to 14 days at a time so I can bring it home and play around with it or do what ever. I am happy it will be indoors for the times it is not on the road.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:28 AM   #18

We have room to keep ours at home but there is a secure self storage lot less than a mile from the house. Twenty four hour access gravel lot costs us twenty dollars a month.

2016 Rockwood 2504s Minilite
2006 F150

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-11-2016, 11:47 AM   #19

indoor storage facility = ZERO sun damage + MUCH cleaner

We've kept our 2011 Winnebago View in an indoor storage facility which has resulted in ZERO sun damage + MUCH cleaner when we do take it out of storage = no rodent issues. Yes it costs more but its a $100,000 investment... and repairing sun damaged fiberglass, seals, and repainting costs MUCH more than the incremental cost of indoor storage.

Our storage facility also includes "valet" service which enables us to have them put our RV outside and turn on our solar system once a month which recharges our $280 pair of Sam's Club Energizer GC2 Premium "golf cart" coach batteries.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:47 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree BrokerDon. Indoor storage with valet is nice. I'm glad I'm paying a comparable to you as I don't know anyone else that pays for indoor storage. They keep my rig looking brand new. Here in Northern California I pay by the foot. In my case its 34 feet for 235.00 per month. The owner and manager have a real love for RV's. They've forgotten more than I know.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:34 PM   #21

Next to the house in a enclosed building with a 20 amp service to keep batteries charged and keep the residential fridge on 24-7
Old 10-13-2016, 01:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiltner View Post
I agree BrokerDon. Indoor storage with valet is nice. I'm glad I'm paying a comparable to you as I don't know anyone else that pays for indoor storage. They keep my rig looking brand new. Here in Northern California I pay by the foot. In my case its 34 feet for 235.00 per month. The owner and manager have a real love for RV's. They've forgotten more than I know.
$250 a month is what I am paying and that includes electricity so I can keep it plugged in.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:47 PM   #23

HOA does not allow storage at the house. Not a bad thing. We pay for covered storage. As much as I may enjoy the convenience of having it home all the time, I am not a fan of seeing RV's/ Boats / etc stored in people's driveways in the city.

I used to live in a neighborhood with no HOA. Not saying all non-HOA neighborhoods are bad, but in my case, there were several cars, boats and RV's stored on people's property which reflected poorly on the area.

I know it is not a popular stance, especially on an RV forum, but I am not a fan of seeing RV's, boats, etc stored in a city neighborhood. Too many people just let them rot. Now if it is a rural area then that is different. But in a city, no thanks.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:04 PM   #24
tcg

I'm fortunate and have access to indoor storage during the summer months right down the street from me for free but this past summer it has been sitting on the vacant lot right next door where I can run a power cord from my yard. I've been doing some work on it in my spare time and we've been trying to go some where every chance we get.

I've been maintaining the lot for years because the owner is never around. I keep trying to buy the lot but the owner is very wishy washy, wants to sell but won't come up with a price.

During the winter I have outside secure storage with a security gate. No power and it costs 240 bucks for 6 months. It's only a couple minutes away.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:42 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
We keep ours in a covered, locked storage facility with power...it's a boat dealer with RV storage.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:31 AM   #26

Our MH is parked in a carport on our property plugged into a 20 amp service. During the winter the propane and fuel tanks are full and there is winter cloths and dried food in there. It is our back up emergency shelter if the need arises. Would like to have indoor/heated storage, but what we have will do just fine!

R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, storage