Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2019, 07:29 PM   #1

RV == Ultimate Man Cave?

Being a modern American family, we've got TVs all over. Living room, all the bed rooms, and lanai. Close, but not quite perfect. I mean, if someone is watching a Hallmark Christmas movie in September in the living room and you don't want to sit on a bed in one of the bedrooms, your best screen option left is on the lanai and since this is Florida it can be ... hot. Yeah, hot out there plus varying degrees of sunny.

Enter the new RV that now sits on the side of the house with its slides extended and 50 amp power supply and water and TV! Not quite the same TV as in the house, but pretty close and perhaps even better in some cases (cough - football Sundays).

There's a fridge, A/C, pretty big screen TV w/recliner seats, etc. Not just that, but it's got a damn bathroom! What's not to love? The plan for this 5th wheel is significant travel starting next year, but I'm seeing potential for when we're at home.
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2019, 07:41 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
It also doubles for a more comfy place to sleep when you're in the doghouse with the wife & you'd normally have to take up residence on the couch. However, if I were the wife, I'd hide they keys because if you're in the doghouse w/me, you don't deserve to sleep in the RV's comfy bed

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
It also doubles for a more comfy place to sleep when you're in the doghouse with the wife & you'd normally have to take up residence on the couch. However, if I were the wife, I'd hide they keys because if you're in the doghouse w/me, you don't deserve to sleep in the RV's comfy bed

Lori-
WOW! That's vicious, bordering domestic abuse. Swap those roles and you've got a classic abusive husband story. Just imagine a guy getting upset at his wife and not letting her sleep in her own bedroom. Forcing her to sleep in the most uncomfortable place available even though there are better places in walking distance, just because she deserves to suffer as much as possible for daring to draw his wrath. And people say men are the aggressive ones...

For the OP, yes, you can turn an RV into an absolutely wonderful man cave. They can make a great escape from a crazy significant other.
Itchytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:35 PM   #4

When we were house hunting one requirement was on site RV parking
Turned out not just a place to park RV on site but had FHUs

It is plugged in 24/7, fully stocked except for persihables just in case we have to GO, have it set up as guest quarters for visitors AND a great place to get in out of the heat while do work in the yard....cold beverages, 32" TV, surround sound, comfortable recliners, and A/C .

YEP......great having the RV on site.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:53 PM   #5

It's my home away from home even when it's only in the driveway.

Old 11-01-2019, 10:14 PM   #6

My wife picked up on and commented on ours being a second man cave/doghouse as soon as I had it plugged into the house power and the AC's turned on.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote