Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2015, 11:09 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
RV Warranties

Anybody have any suggestions, We purchased a new to to us Itasca Sunova 30A from Camping world with very low mileage, we bought the extended warranty for 4 years. I then checked out Wholesale warranties and they are 1 third the cost? Has anyone had bad experiences with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Larryg17
Larryg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2015, 11:21 AM   #2

Yea I got tricked in to $11,000 worth of warranty , got better coverage and service form WW. Cancelled CW and went with WW
Basenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:44 PM   #3

We did the same with GS. Coverage cost was almost double. Canceled and went with WW. Extended, tire, and road service. Cannot speak about service because we have not had an occasion to use them.
lrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:07 PM   #4

During the summer, I had occasion to use my WW warranty, replaced slide motor and RVA jack. $3000.00 no argument.

Terry.
VegasFoodGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:41 PM   #5

I have had allot of experience with Extended warranties with my last 3 motor homes.
On my current one I had Xtra Ride for 5 years several claims great to work with they paid every one of them without a hitch. In fact my repair shop worked with them direct all I had to pay is my deductable.
Some say you should just put the money in the bank and draw from it when something happens, I am very happy I spent the 8K for my extended warranty when I purchased my coach which was 2 years old when I bought. It had 1800 miles on it and was in great shape however things break on these toys.
First my In Motion satellite went out: Xtra Ride paid right off and updated
Then my motor went out on an awning Paid
Then the water heater Paid
Inverter Paid
Truck Radio Replaced and updated.
What a piece of mind to have a warranty knowing if something happens you won’t break the bank
Now my RV is 7 years old Xtraride expires here in a few short weeks, contacted them they wanted a lot to renew and would only renew for 3 years. They do not cover RV older than 10 yrs.
I contacted National Indoor RV where I store the RV they are the same place that works on the RV and I mean they do it all. This place is unbelievable they are an RV owner’s best friend. The RV is stored inside and they start it and run it every month if you don’t take it out. When you call to pick it up they check all the tires, turn on the ac, turn on the frig and check your batteries.
They offered me a warranty which they honor there called open road 6k for 5 years or 50K miles I purchased it. My service rep who I trust completely assured me it was as good as XtrsRide which sold me.
I am very happy to have the peace of mind knowing at least for the next 5 years the RV will be covered when the next darn thing breaks.
mac8506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:22 PM   #6

We purchased a 2 year on a 2007 fiver this year from Cornerstone-cost about $1900. We have had 3 major repairs already and paid our $150 deductible each time with absolutely no issues. I would not hesitate to buy from them again it was money well spent.
redhooker is offline   Reply With Quote