Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Rejex here. I use it over the Diamond Shield also works great!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Just returned from a 2 month trip (5600 miles) after completely covering the MH with RejeX. At the end of each day I would get out my bucket of water and a soft brush and clean off the front cap. It usually cleaned easily with only the brush and remained as easy the clean throughout the trip. RejeX does not stop bugs from killing themselves on a flat 60 MPH windshield, but it is easier for me to remove them! The rest of the coach stayed cleaner as well. The road grim was easily wiped off with a damp cloth along the lower sides and the rear. The need to wash the complete coach was reduced, however about 1/2 the way through the trip I found a park that allowed washing on site and I took advantage of it.
I also found that if you do not wash the bugs off soon after stopping for the day that they will become dried in the sun and be harder to remove.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Carl View Post
Is any kind of prep needed before applying Rejex other than a good wash ?
You do not have to do anything aside from washing the vehicle before applying Rejex but they say it works better if you remove all of the old wax before applying it the first time. They sell Xtreme Clean that is supposed to remove all of the old wax.

RejeX: Nothing Sticks but the Shine!

We have been using Rejex on all of our vehicles since 2004 and appy it in the fall and the spring but we could probably get away with only applying it once per year. We also apply it to the front of the coach before each trip if weather permits. We apply it by hand and it is easy to wipe on and off, no buffer is needed. You will find that after the first initial application it is a lot easier to use and takes less to cover the same area. Our coach is stored outside.

Rejex is also safe to use on Diamond Shield.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #32

Anyone repaint their coack. I'm savong to buy a GB pursuit this summer probably a 1998. I'd like to repaint royal blue woth metalflake paint and a big white racing strip like my '72Roadrunner had. I'm calling it my gb pursuit of happiness. GB will stand for Georgie boy and great blue maybe great big. Anywsy it's my dream and my project.
jasright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #33

Maybe gnarly blue pursuit.
jasright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasright View Post
Anyone repaint their coack. I'm savong to buy a GB pursuit this summer probably a 1998. I'd like to repaint royal blue woth metalflake paint and a big white racing strip like my '72Roadrunner had. I'm calling it my gb pursuit of happiness. GB will stand for Georgie boy and great blue maybe great big. Anywsy it's my dream and my project.
I am in the process of repaintng only the strips. Used to be vinyl, now base coat clear coat. I am taking my time as removing the old strips is the most tedious!
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #35

Rejex is available through Amazon.com

Dawn dishwashing soap will strip wax from the surface to prep for using Rejex.

Bill
LRBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Rejex here. I use it over the Diamond Shield also works great!
Recently put two coats of Rejex on the front (a week apart) over my DS...now to see if the bugs come off as advertised.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
Do you have to BUFF any of these products? We just looked at ZEP at Home Depot. They had two products as recommended on these forums, but both said they had to be buffed. I have arthritis and he has fibromyalgia so "buffing" something the size of our Class-C is out of the question.

The ZEP says buffing gives even more brilliant finish -- it is NOT required.
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #38

Have used Ultima Paint Guard Plus on vehicles and boats. Easy application. Use very little and just wipe on and walk away. This stuff is amazing. Going to do my new Winne 35F next weekend.

Ultima Paint Guard Plus, paint sealant, liquid wax, paint sealer, car wax sealant