Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #1

RV waxing

what is the best product to wax my 2006 discovery? I have heard about Red max pro # 3 but i don't know if this can be used in full body paint or if its only for fiberglass body, also heard that the Meguiars wax is really good stuff, what are you guys out there doing to keep your RV looking good? Thank you. Joe

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dry Wash N Guard for me, rain and dirt won't stick to it. I even do the windshield and don't need the wipers very often.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Meguiars & an orbital buffer works great for us.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:48 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just did my whole coach with Rejex. Went on and off easy by hand/microfiber , no machine necessary. Drove through a heavy love bug area yesterday and as advertised by Rejex " nothing sticks to it". I did all the windows , and nothing stuck. They wiped off easy. http://www.autogeek.net/rejex-16oz.h...m_campaign=CSE

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:35 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've used NuFinish for years but last year found a product by Mothers. It's a synthetic wax called "Mothers Syn" and it really goes on easy and comes off the same. One nice thing is it leaves no white powder after drying.
I don't really know if you want to put RMP 3 on a full body paint job though. I'd really research that first.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:42 AM   #6

Most if not all of us who use rmp3 or mop-n-glo have older units where the finish has faded/aged to the point where regular car wax/finishes won't do the job anymore. I'd stick with a NuFinish/Macquires/Protectall if the paint on your unit is still in good shape.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Use whatever you use on your vehicles...NuFinish for me.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I have a cabinet full of different wax brands. I've tried Rejex, Meguiars, NuFinish, Blue Corral, Simoniz and others. It really doesn't matter what brand you use, if you wax your coach frequently. Mine gets waxed about 4 times a year. I may do the lower half before one trip and the upper half on the next trip. The nose gets a coat every couple of months. With all that said, I found that the NuFinish was the best bang for the buck. It holds up a little longer, is easy to apply and can be bought anywhere, including WalMart.

I use a six inch hand held buffer to apply. It's easy to hold/control and fits into tight places.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I like the turtle wax ice paste. I like the ice because it does not leave the white residue on the rubber. It also has some lasting power, and easy on and off . I use the paste for the uv protection, I'm not sure if the liquid has the uv protection.
I do use the Nu Finish on my fiberglass roof.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #10

Turtle Wax Ice Clear for me twice a year and RainX on the front during the Love Bug seasons. Works for me
Old 04-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I just did my whole coach with Rejex. Went on and off easy by hand/microfiber , no machine necessary. Drove through a heavy love bug area yesterday and as advertised by Rejex " nothing sticks to it". I did all the windows , and nothing stuck. They wiped off easy. RejeX Paint Sealant, auto paint sealant, Rejex car wax, Rejex paint protectant, rejects, Rejecx
Cliff
What is your estimate on how many 16oz bottles to do a 45'er and maybe a pickup?
Chuck
I have been using the RV wash/wax from Walmart with about 15 squirts of 303 in the bucket for the pickup and using about the same combination for the coach and it has been ok.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I just did my whole coach with Rejex. Went on and off easy by hand/microfiber , no machine necessary. Drove through a heavy love bug area yesterday and as advertised by Rejex " nothing sticks to it". I did all the windows , and nothing stuck. They wiped off easy. RejeX Paint Sealant, auto paint sealant, Rejex car wax, Rejex paint protectant, rejects, Rejecx
I second the nomination of RejeX. You can get away with using it once a year if your climate isn't too harsh. They also have other products to keep your coach clean and lubed.

RejeX: Nothing Sticks but the Shine!

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #13

Ok I want to try that rejex product, I'm on vacation in florida and I went out today trying to find it so I could aply it tomorrow because I'm leaving back to new jersey on Saturday morning and I wanted to the nose of the RV because of the bugs, so went around to a bounch of stores (boats, motorcycles, auto parts, RV ) not only nobody had it but never even heard of it, I will order some online. Joe
Old 04-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninos
Ok I want to try that rejex product, I'm on vacation in florida and I went out today trying to find it so I could aply it tomorrow because I'm leaving back to new jersey on Saturday morning and I wanted to the nose of the RV because of the bugs, so went around to a bounch of stores (boats, motorcycles, auto parts, RV ) not only nobody had it but never even heard of it, I will order some online. Joe
A lot of True Value Hardware stores have it.