Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2018, 07:37 AM   #15

Also have to worry about a "caravan" .... is it an RV or a group of RVs on a tour? Or maybe a line of camels?
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2018, 07:55 AM   #16

But a trailer isn't a "vehicle"...
Old 08-24-2018, 08:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
But a trailer isn't a "vehicle"...
Quote:
A trailer is an unpowered vehicle towed by a powered vehicle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trailer_(vehicle)

Some do consider a trailer a vehicle. But the legal definition, if a trailer is a vehicle, will come down to your local jurisdiction.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:02 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
The point is when someone asked a question the responder should not have to play 20 questions trying to understand what RV the question is being asked about. I for one have no experience with "Motor Homes" and try to avoid getting involved in all their stupid high-end technology that the average RV owner doesn't understand or even need.
Hate to tell you this but, except for the chassis, most motorhomes have pretty much the same stupid stuff other RVs have.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:06 AM   #19

Indeed, we can all come up with our own definition sources of a "vehicle" and they will all be different.

I never thought of the little red wagon or Flexible Flier sled I had when I was a kid as "vehicles" but they are functionally no different than a trailer.

Sometimes a more common sense approach works better. Point out a U-Haul trailer to some random person on the street and ask them if it is a "vehicle". I think we can all predict their response when the question is posed like that.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:13 AM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Also: RVIA, which sets the standards for the RV industry no longer uses "Class", it is now "Type"
So be sure you specify
Type A
Type B
Type C
I don't think they use B+ either.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
My 1996 RV (Class C) is far from high-end technology. Almost all the systems in it are the same as any RV or Trailer except for the cab and motor of course.

Why all the hate on RVs?
Obviously, you have trouble understanding the written language. I have no hate for RV's. I own an RV. It is a 5th wheel. You own an RV. It is a motorhome. Everyone on this forum owns an RV of some sort. Get the point? The majority of the responses to my post have been in favor of my 1st post. Why are you being so negative?.

If you had a 22 year newer Motorhome you would find some very unnecessary things installed it for camping purposes and lots of expensive things that go bad that the average guy can't fix and must go to the dealer and sit for months to get repaired. Hence the bad rap Motorhomes get.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:08 AM   #22
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Obviously, you have trouble understanding the written language. I have no hate for RV's. I own an RV. It is a 5th wheel. You own an RV. It is a motorhome. Everyone on this forum owns an RV of some sort. Get the point? The majority of the responses to my post have been in favor of my 1st post. Why are you being so negative?.

If you had a 22 year newer Motorhome you would find some very unnecessary things installed it for camping purposes and lots of expensive things that go bad that the average guy can't fix and must go to the dealer and sit for months to get repaired. Hence the bad rap Motorhomes get.
I'm not being negative, I'm just going by what you posted. You're the one that commented about stupid high end technology that the average RVer doesn't understand or need.

Sorry if I mistook that as a hate for Motorhomes.

I didn't realize that Motorhomes had a bad rap. Thanks for pointing that out.

Enjoy the rest of your day, I know I will be enjoying my long weekend in my Motorhome RV.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:12 AM   #23

It is a 5th wheel

Actually it's not. The 5th wheel is the hitch in the back of your truck, or tow vehicle, or TV.

Now I'm wondering, do you sit and watch your TV?
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #24

Pretty sure motorhomes/RVs have been called many creative, and descriptive names as we putt along at 60 mph in a 75 mph zone, or crawl up a mountain pass at 35.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:46 AM   #25

You know, when someone asks about setting up their equalizer hitch I can pretty much figure what kind of RV they're talking about.

If they ask about their water pump it doesn't much matter.

I can't remember the last time I had a problem figuring out what kind of RV was being discussed.

I do agree that an EMS and a surge protector are not the same thing and a lot of folks think they are. That creates a little confusion occasionally.

Now I have to go out to my MH RV MC Bus Coach (or whatever you call it) and work on my "stupid high-end technology that the average RV owner doesn't understand or even need". The wife said the dishwasher is acting up and the dryer buzzer is too loud.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:51 AM   #26

I get confused when someone asks about a hot water heater, and trying to heat the water with it. m Why would you heat hot water?
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #27

I get confused when someone asks about "camping". We live full-time in our motor coach and consider it "living", not "camping". I think camping involves roughing it in a tent...
Old 08-24-2018, 01:07 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliez View Post
I get confused when someone asks about a hot water heater, and trying to heat the water with it. m Why would you heat hot water?

That's about equal to "ATM machine" (automatic teller machine machine) or "RPMs" (revolutions per minutes).

OP, how did you edit the title to do the spelling correction?