Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #1

RVing in your Friends yard.

I have started to build a web site where anyone can list a place to overnight an RVer. No memberships involved just a free to post listing from zero dollars a night to what ever the host wants to charge. Kind of like vrbo.com but for RVing. I am aware of all the membership clubs that give you access to a mailing list thats not what I am doing. It will be a free reservation site and cash collection site for anyone who wants to host an RVer.

I am posting this in hopes to get some feedback from the community of the merits of such a site and even some suggestions of what could be included. It would be a site that would include overnight camping-storage-rent out your own RV and eventually caravan tours.

Please let my know what you think.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
It does sound like a good thing We have 33.5 ac with a view that is just stunning of the foot hills.We were giving that some thought about letting some RVers to have a place but it will take some work to get it done Not sure if Im up to the task by myself.Still thinking it over.I have one area that is good for 2 maybe 3 pull ins

Old 10-07-2013, 12:44 AM   #3

I would think your insurance rates would go up quite a bit... people are sue happy. All they have to do is stumble and fall as a friend of mind did, call a lawyer, and have you in court. She walked away with $26,000. Talk about easy money.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
dot all your i.s and cross all your t's. sounds great if you get repetter rvers so you could weed them out.
safe travles bob,linda & missy
Old 10-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm wandering if you posted "No Trespassing" signs, until after signing a waiver would help?
Subaru Outback, Cricket SW3
seasonedsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
My fear would be how would you weed out the undesirables. There is always a few that will leave a mess for you to clean.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
I would think your insurance rates would go up quite a bit... people are sue happy. All they have to do is stumble and fall as a friend of mind did, call a lawyer, and have you in court. She walked away with $26,000. Talk about easy money.
I know that, in NC anyway, if I do not charge a fee, then your use of my property for recreational purposes is generally 'at your own risk'. I learned this when researching the liability associated with the use of our horse facility by our neighbor's boarders.

This, plus signed liability wavers was sufficient for our insurer.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #8

The site will have a revue system where the RVer can rate the Host and the Host can rate the RVer so the Hosts can decline reservation requests from people that have poor revues. Anyone hosting should carry proper liability insurance or for that matter anyone that owns land should have liability insurance. But again the idea is not to turn your yard into an RV Park but just to Host 1 or 2 RVs at a time.

And a signed waver is a good idea, thanks
Old 10-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great Idea

I have thought of this myself, I like the idea. Need a place to limit number of days if needed. How do you plan on paying for your time and web site?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemud View Post
I have started to build a web site where anyone can list a place to overnight an RVer. No memberships involved just a free to post listing from zero dollars a night to what ever the host wants to charge. Kind of like vrbo.com but for RVing. I am aware of all the membership clubs that give you access to a mailing list thats not what I am doing. It will be a free reservation site and cash collection site for anyone who wants to host an RVer.

I am posting this in hopes to get some feedback from the community of the merits of such a site and even some suggestions of what could be included. It would be a site that would include overnight camping-storage-rent out your own RV and eventually caravan tours.

Please let my know what you think.
whitemud
See: Boondockers Welcome | Be My Guest RV Parking ....
(it's an "established site" which seems very similar to the one that you have "started to build").
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 10-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #11

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel stuplich View Post
whitemud
(it's an "established site" which seems very similar to the one that you have "started to build").
Mel
'96 Safari
pretty cool site , sound's just like what this poster wants to do
Old 10-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #12

As far as days spent at someones place the host can set minimum's and maximum days. Revenue would only be derived if a host charges money for parking at their place we will add 10% fee to the RVer. But if people want to offer their place for free they can and anyone could stay with them no fee, its like Boondockers without the membership. I think the membership model is too limiting my site will let anyone list a site, get approved and be ready for bookings in 30 minutes and available to any RVer. No memberships required.

I really appreciate the feedback.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel stuplich View Post
whitemud
Mel
'96 Safari

Mel
Have you used this? Seems like a good idea for short term stays.

Seems like I remember FMCA has a similar over night listing in the back of some of the publications?
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
Mel
Have you used this? Seems like a good idea for short term stays.

Seems like I remember FMCA has a similar over night listing in the back of some of the publications?
1ciderdog
I have not used either the FMCA list of "Boondockers Welcome".
Although we often camp, (or boondock), for short periods at the homes of people we know, we have no interest in staying in the yard of strangers.

However, if I were interested in parking in some stranger's yard I would pay the $20 to become a member of the established "Boondockers Welcome" before I would consider using any "new kid on the block".
Mel
'96 Safari

Tags
rving