Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
I suspect that if you give them a little more time, your reviews will show up.

I, for one, enjoy reading the longer reviews, especially if they are well written.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #16

I agree with the previous post that recommended contacting them about why your reviews haven't shown up. I have read some very lengthy reviews on that site and can't imagine being too "wordy" as the reason for not publishing. I use rvparkreviews a lot and also post my experiences so (hopefully) others will benefit from my reviews.
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick60 View Post
I have used the site extensively and found it very helpful. Additionally, I have submitted several reviews and none have been rejected and they are posted in less than a week. Just the facts madam just the facts.
And may I say, "ditto."

I hope that more people will take the time to post their experiences with campgrounds, too!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:04 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I have to keep reminding myself to check the date of the review I am reading. A two year old review is not terribly reliable.
sadrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:42 AM   #19

We rely on the site also. John, why not try a five or six line review to see if it gets posted?

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrand View Post
I have to keep reminding myself to check the date of the review I am reading. A two year old review is not terribly reliable.
I agree, however I do like to see the long-term trend. If a park is getting consistent reviews over time, it typically means the owners/operators are involved in more than just accepting payment. Conversely, if the trend is for lower reviews over time, probably means more than just the occasional disgruntled customer.

The idea of throwing out the high and the low in a collection of reviews will typically tell you how a park is doing (IMHO). Just one or two reviews might not be indicative of the reality of the park.

It's a very useful website . . . and that's good for us rv'ers! I always use it to learn about a park and I always submit a review after my stay.
SeeTheUSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #21

I suppose I've been using this site since 2005. I looked yesterday and I have 42 reviews posted. It was fun to go back and remember the different places we've been. I remember them all vividly when reminded by my reviews:

RV Park Reviews :: Viewing other reviews of campgrounds and rv parks submitted by a user.
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:24 AM   #22

I contribute and use the site. I also ask opinions of others on some of my favorite rv forums. I think generally the reviews are fairly good and reasonable information is given to support the rating score.

The reviews vary by the person giving the review. If I find a real negative review I look to see other postings by the reviewer. If they are mostly negative, I just write them off as people unable to please. Some reviews are not really objective. We gave them a x because somebody on the other side of the campground started their truck at 6:59 AM and the rules say no noise until 7:00 AM and so on.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #23

We use the program all the time and find it very helpful. I always check the date of the review before anything else. If the park has not been reviewed in a couple of years I am more careful. I think we have about 90 reviews in the system and we try to be objective and honest. I seldom look at reviews from people with less that 10 comments because I have found their reviews to be somewhat unrealistic - too nice or too critical - because of inexperience with various campgrounds. We have four more we will be entering in the next few days.
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:13 PM   #24
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I both use & contribute to the reviews. Been doing it since 2000 & probably have 30+ there. I'll ususally start with our iRV2 listings (loyalty & all that) then end up on RVPR. Member reviews have saved me from making a bad CG decisions many times over. Discarding the extremes, watching for up-to-date reviews & looking for consistency in ratings seem to work the best for me when searching for a CG.

Yeah, I'm one of the long winded ones some of you will ignore. Conversely, I'm the one that ignores the 1 or 2 liners that, to me, indicate someone just trying to up their review numbers at the expense of providing an informative review that benefits the site & other RV'rs. I try to put as much detail in my reviews as possible (CG size, ease in finding, interior road maneuverability, site size/conditions/proximity to neigboring sites, CG ammenities...etc)., just like I do on iRV2. I appreciate it when I read a detailed, comprehensive report myself, so I look for those on RVPR.

Even after as many reviews as I've done, sometimes my reviews have taken a few days to appear. I chalk this up to the moderators are most likely volunteers (like iRV2) & them getting around to reading & publishing depends on their log in availablility & time they can spend. I've had 1 or 2 that didn't get published & I assume they vanished into cyberspace when submitted because upon resubmitting, they'd appear on the site within a short period of time, never longer that a week though.

@johnhicks - I sent you a PM.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
I posted a review, but I don't see it online, why not?
Reviews aren't instantly posted, we try to read, spell check, grammar correct your reviews, as well as remove people's names from them, if your reviews have too many problems, we may not approve it due to the time it takes to make these corrections. To ensure your review gets online, please read the rules, and post reviews that don't require corrections. You also need to post at least 3 reviews before your reviews enter the approval stage. Sometimes it may be 3 or 4 days between your posting a review and it making it through the approval process, but normally reviews are approved overnight. If we are behind, you can tell by looking that the review dates on the most recent reviews on our home page. If the majority of them are a few days in the past, then we are behind, sometimes a new review squeezes ahead of the others, so you might see one or two from the current date.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:10 PM   #26
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Thanks, Pepper2. I was hoping one (or more) of our iRV2 members were on staff over there & could give some insight.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper2 View Post
You also need to post at least 3 reviews before your reviews enter the approval stage.
Pepper, can you please explain why you need to write 3 reviews before you will post one? I've read many people's "opinions" on why they believe this policy is in place, but would like to hear it from an insider... Thanks

BTW, IMO... It's a shame that there are probably hundreds or even thousands of valuable reviews and experiences that people have submitted that never got posted because of this poilcy... Mine being two of them...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #28

I don't think Pepper2 is an administrator, that was copied from their FAQ page:

RV Park Reviews :: FAQ
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote