Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2014, 07:08 PM   #1

campgroundreviews.com

Something seems a bit strange...

I've written several reviews recently and nothing's been published or kicked back.
In a past life I was a copy editor for USA Today. I can write as appropriate.
I've written reviews, positive in fact, but I tend to be thorough and wordy; I don't write five-line "sound bites." Do they need help dealing with more and longer sentences? I volunteer!
I have written about parks that are not on the list; apparently they're not interested. Shame.
johnhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Are you a first time reviewer there? They require a minimum of 3 posts before they're published.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:22 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
A couple of things to consider . . .

One, if you are reviewing a park not currently in their database, it takes a bit longer for them to process it. I think they attempt to validate, locate, etc. Not sure how long since you've submitted.

Two, and this is just my opinion, I tend to skip over long reviews. I'm usually not looking to do anything but stay a day or two or three. If the review is very long, I'm not going to read it. It seems to me the most objective reviews, those which help me decide if I want to stay there, are the ones that just get to the point.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
John, last year I posted a thread on this site regarding the same issue. Lori is correct. According to a couple of replies I received last year, they are some how trying to eliminate the "not so honest" CG owners from posting a positive review of their own CG... And conversely a negative review of a neighboring CG...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:14 AM   #5

To my knowledge, the people running the site are RVers themselves. It is possible to take several days before a review goes on, depending on how many reviews come in and how busy their life is outside the site, whether they're wintering somewhere with good internet, etc.
dieharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:22 AM   #6

I've submitted more than three reviews, and the first was submitted November 30. I suppose they're just too long.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:10 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Honestly, I just don't bother with that site anymore. I look at the age of the reviews and I see they are at least a year if not more than 2 years old.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:55 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
They've got a Contact Us link on their page. If you feel you've met the reviews number quota & you believe it has been sufficient enough time for your reviews to have been posted, then why not contact them?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
I use the site frequently and find it very useful. It is actually more accurate than any of the guides you can use. To be safe, we check out the guides and rvparkreviews and have yet to get a bum steer.

When I post, my review is listed within a day or two. I get an email notice and can then check it out.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've had difficulties trying to create an account as well as trying to recive my password on that site. Now I just post reviews on this site.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
I have used the site extensively and found it very helpful. Additionally, I have submitted several reviews and none have been rejected and they are posted in less than a week. Just the facts madam just the facts.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:15 PM   #12

I have used the site for the last 3-4 years and find it Very helpful and accurate for the most part. I have submitted a few reviews but as stated, you must submit 3 or more before they are accepted. This prevents (or at least helps to prevent) owners or friends from submitting false reviews.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:40 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
We use it all the time. I have many reviews to post but just can't find the time to do so. Feel bad cause I know the vast majority of RV enthusiast rely on the current, updated data.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:44 PM   #14

I rely on campgroundreviews.com quite a bit; over the years I've confirmed it's saved us from too-small campgrounds or dumps. That's why I want to contribute to it. No communication, no reply, nada.