Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #1

RVs and Nascar

Who all is heading to Dallas Nov. 2 for the Nascar race?

We are taking our son, and I wanted to take the TT since my brother told me he used to go to races in TN. and would park in the center of the track. We have no idea how that works...is it first come, first serve?
Hubby doesn't want to risk taking it up there, and getting caught in traffic/not getting a spot and having all nearby RV parks full up due to the race.

So, I guess we'll get a hotel room... Which bums me out since this is a scenario I thought made the whole point of having an RV.
CBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #2

Call the race track and ask for info about camping as each track is probably slightly different. Also be aware that most tracks do not have infield camping. Campers are parked outside of the track area and you will still need a ticket for a seat in the grandstands to watch the race.

I was at Dover yesterday (just a day trip), campers in about 6-7 lots I could see. As I walked through two lots to go from parking to the track, it appears each sight was lined off and each camper displayed a camping permit tag from the track.
BBQ Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #3

Couldn't do Dallas this year, But we are doing Charlotte, got a great deal for the whole weekend and a week at a camp-ground (FHU) just outside the track. DW wants to do inside the track some time, Out side cost us about a grand, in side would be about 1500. to 2 grand, things that make you say hhhmmmmmmmm!
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #4

The judge is correct you need to contact the Track of their web site to find the particulars. Most infield parking is at a preimum and usually sold out in advance.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
TX has infield parking and camping outside of the track. Check craigslist for resell of infield parking, depending on age of your son you may not want to expose him (pun intended) to some of the infield events. I have stayed outside at TX in general parking several times, they also have reserved camping, the general parking is grass and can be very muddy depending on weather, always seems to rain at TMS for me. TX has plenty of parking, traffic in and out of TMS (TX Motor Speedway) is difficult, much better than when it first opened, but still a pain. I would take RV and stay at the track if it was me outside and get grandstand seats unless the party atmosphere of the infield is your thing. I am sure TMS infield has some quieter areas as most tracks do, I am headed to KS Speedway Thursday, I have a spot on the Motorhome Terrace. Good Luck!
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #6

$1,000 and up? Mother-of-pearl! I can't afford that. Phew. Glad I asked. Thanks also on the education of the not-family-friendly atmosphere. I had no idea. So, so helpful .Thanks.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Just looked at texas motor speedway rv parking. Outside of turn 3 there are 2500 or more spots. November weekend is 275.00. We were there for April race camped with some of my buddies and their kids had a great time. Would probably go again in November but my son's college basketball season starts on November 5th.
The Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoo View Post
$1,000 and up? Mother-of-pearl! I can't afford that. Phew. Glad I asked. Thanks also on the education of the not-family-friendly atmosphere. I had no idea. So, so helpful .Thanks.
I checked about a week ago and there was only 1 infield parking spot avaiable. It was $1750.00 I didn't take it...

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #9

My daughter and son in law stay at a campground near the track. It is more family friendly than staying at the ones around the track. PM me if you are interested in the place.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #10

Another consideration, and others more in the know can verify, this is boon docking type camping, no hookups. At Dover on Sunday, I did see a tank truck with fresh water driving the campgrounds I walked through.
BBQ Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
There is unreserved camping available on the west side of the track for $75, 1st come 1st served basis. It is on the outside of the parking lots and from what I hear can be rather rowdy. I will be in the reserved camping on the east side of the track. There is a family campground available for $200 on the east side of the racetrack, trams are available in the reserved campgrounds along with showers and restrooms
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #12

Boondocking

A week at Charlotte for the 600 in May, Pole nite, WOO, Nationwide and the 600 dry camping with shuttle service is only $150. Spent last May there, doesn't fill up until late in the week. Already have 2014 race tickets and CG paid for. The $150 is CG only, tickets are based on seat location.
Leland1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnailer View Post
My daughter and son in law stay at a campground near the track. It is more family friendly than staying at the ones around the track. PM me if you are interested in the place.
Northlake RV Park
13001 Cleveland Gibbs Rd, Roanoke, TX 76262
(817) 430-3303

It is a couple of miles from the track, just off of 114. We have stayed there about 6 months within the last 18 months. We were taking care of my parents and the park was close to them. Tell Kenn Hi from Ronnie!

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #14

Wow! Thanks for the info. everyone! I'll show this thread to my husband. We have tickets already, and are ready to drop some major coin on the merch. but not so much on parking the RV for one night. Good to know we have some options! Thanks again all! :-)

Tags
rvs