Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2010, 07:45 AM   #15
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
TEXAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Kirby View Post
There are two kinds of people in this world......Those who are from the Great State of Texas....and those who wish they were. Texas...a whole nother country. Us Texas people are proud of our state......
..... and I thought TEXAS was a country

TW
a former livin TX
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Up north our preference is to use our "winter RV's" to move snow, not shovel it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CK30HST  cab enclosure rear view.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	6678   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2132.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	317.2 KB
ID:	6679  

Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:52 AM   #17

There are so many different parts of our great State that you can find many different climates. Just pick the one where you want to be at the time, or wait a few minutes and the weather will change.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Kirby View Post
There are two kinds of people in this world......Those who are from the Great State of Texas....and those who wish they were. Texas...a whole nother country. Us Texas people are proud of our state......
I miss living there. I lived in Corpus and Woodsburro between the Mission river and Soth Creek during the 80's.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonno View Post
Up north our preference is to use our "winter RV's" to move snow, not shovel it!
Move Snow????? Why not just move to where there is no snow.....

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Move Snow????? Why not just move to where there is no snow.....
That would be nice since we recently bought a place in FL. Unfortunately part of our winter still involves being in the snow so I move it until we leave.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:18 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
A couple of years ago Willa and me were traveling across Texas and enjoying the state. We stopped for gas and I got to talking to a ''local'' asking questions about Texas. He was very polite and very friendly and he asked ''Where are you from'' and I said ''North Carolina''....... He grinned and said ''Oh yeah, that is over in East Texas somewhere aint it?'' It seemed to me that ''everywhere'' was some part of ''Texas'' and those Texans just kill me when you ask where they are from ...
''Mister, I am from WEST TEXAS''..... or from the ''PANHANDLE''.... or from ''SOUTH TEXAS''..... or from down around ''DALLAS'', HOUSTON, SAN ANTONE or GALVESTON and you can bet your lunch money that each and ever one of them is from the BEST PART OF TEXAS because they live there. We loved the time we spent in Texas and I would advise everyone to take a trip down there. Nope, you will not need a passport because TEXAS is not another country. It is a pretty place full of friendly people just kinda watch the ''tall tails''' and take them with a pinch of salt.

Thank a Vet for your freedoms........ Some died to help keep us FREE.....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #22
IC2

To get in the mood for winter I dredge up a couple of wonderland photos from the last couple of years:

(maybe that's why a couple of my kids emigrated to Texas)
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy ic2 & Seajay,
MAY BE!!! but, my place in West Texas looked that way a few years ago, of course that year was an anomaly !!! We usually go all deer season in a T-shirt.
Seajay, DID YOU SEE WHAT NORTH CAROLINA DID TO 'SCARED TO DEATH'??? DPS WOULDN'T DO THAT!!! You oughta see them Mexicans trucks; no tags worn-out tires, parts falling off... Get that dope to DALLAS!!!!!!! BUT WE ARE A FRIENDLY PEOPLE, LIKE TO TAWK, AND LOVE PEOPLE FROM NC, SC, GA & TN TO COME VISIT.. WE CAN UNDERSTAND THEM !!!!!
butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #24

70* today in San Antonio. Supposed to be 79* tomorrow.

Ya'll come on down!

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:14 PM   #25

Don, it's gonna be 67 here in SW Indiana this weekend. Small reprieve from normal lows, which is mid-40's. Sure wish our 5er was home___.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the photos and I will remain in SE Texas and away from that cold white stuff.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Don, it's gonna be 67 here in SW Indiana this weekend. Small reprieve from normal lows, which is mid-40's. Sure wish our 5er was home___.
Glad you're having a balmy spell before the #$%$%&#@ hits.

We were in Jasper, IN in September visiting friends. Very nice little city.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:38 PM   #28

And to think my wife was interested and could have had a job in tx....I said no. Now I suffer with the rest of the North folks waiting for spring.