Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2007, 07:55 AM   #1

WARNING TO ANYONE THINKING OF BUYING FROM SADDLEBACK RV IN COLTON, CA. I bought a brand new Carriage Carri-lite from Saddleback RV in Colton, CA in April and took delivery of it on May 25 of '07 with very very few and minor things that needed to be completed on the "Due Bill" as of 8/2/07 these items have still not be completed and after several calls to them requesting a call back NEVER! have they returned one of my calls, they have even lost my license plates. Their service dept. must be the worst in the industry and I have heard this from many others as well. The salesman was great and the RV is wonderful but because of their horrible service I would NEVER EVER recommend them to anyone. Had I known about all this before I would have rather spent a little more on the coach and gotten the service I deserve. I even spoke with the general manager and still things have not been resolved.
malibujeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2007, 07:55 AM   #2

WARNING TO ANYONE THINKING OF BUYING FROM SADDLEBACK RV IN COLTON, CA. I bought a brand new Carriage Carri-lite from Saddleback RV in Colton, CA in April and took delivery of it on May 25 of '07 with very very few and minor things that needed to be completed on the "Due Bill" as of 8/2/07 these items have still not be completed and after several calls to them requesting a call back NEVER! have they returned one of my calls, they have even lost my license plates. Their service dept. must be the worst in the industry and I have heard this from many others as well. The salesman was great and the RV is wonderful but because of their horrible service I would NEVER EVER recommend them to anyone. Had I known about all this before I would have rather spent a little more on the coach and gotten the service I deserve. I even spoke with the general manager and still things have not been resolved.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:18 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had a excellent experience when we purchased our current rig from SADDLEBACK in April of 2006. They were still in Irvine, just before the move to their new facilities in COLTON. We were treated honestly and fairly and the few problems on the coach that were found on the day we took delivery were fixed before we returned to our home in Texas. We have not had any follow up problems with our coach that I could not fix myself so I have not had to depend on them for any return service. They were all super nice folks and I would certainly buy from them again.

Glenn
Old 08-02-2007, 03:24 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We bought our 98 Sea View from Saddleback at the Pamona RV show. They lost your plates, well they, lost our motorhome. Took them a week to realize that they had sent it back to National RV for some touchup work. Other than that the sales part was ok, but I agree about their service dept. being useless. I had several electrical problems and some other minor things wrong. They had my coach 4 out of the 1st 12 months and never fixed anything. I finally realized it was only 10 miles further to National RV. Got an appointment and everything was fixed in one day.

The other Glenn
Old 08-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #5

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer for advice on getting the repairs done? They may be able to suggest an alternate service facility where you can get the work done. You could then go about the business of enjoying the RV.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #6

I also have had great service performed twice on my 2001 Alpine at Saddleback. That said, I know my motorhome is not a Lexus, it is a home on wheels, so a little understanding goes a long way. Just like us, those service people who work on our coaches have to deal with not only life's issues day to day but with parts issues and angry, overly demanding customers. With all due respect malibujeanne, have you presented your issues in a calm manner to the person in charge?
c6jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:13 AM   #7

I have spoken to many of the powers that be including the general mgr. I am a very patient person but quite honestly I believe it is because I am a woman that they have treated me so poorly. Funny thing because the guy that did the "walkthru" with me, said he has to deal with customer complaints all the time and there are a lot of them. I really don't think my issue is an isolated one. With the very few and minor things that needed to be done, I shudder to think of what kind of service I would receive if and when I have to take it in for service, I am a full time RV'er. By the way, I had warned them that I would post my experiences on this forum if things were not taken care of, they did not seem to give a hoot that I would do this. Congrats on your great service with them, I wish my experiences had been positive ones.