RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2017, 06:53 PM   #15
WDW

Anyone try Guardian through FMCA?

WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2017, 07:02 PM   #16

Foretravel Owners Club
Lucky You,
2 Weeks ago called Safelite to replace both windshields on our class A. they came out to try to just fix the divit caused by a golf ball, crack/divit was too large so said that they would have to be replaced....BUT was told by both the girl and her boss in Portland, Oregon that they no longer did windshield replacements on class A's. Safelite ..never again will I call them.

saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:07 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
SafeLite has some terrible customer service. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.
2005 National Dolphin 6376LX, W-24, 8.1 Vortec, 2100 Allison MH 5 speed, Safe T Plus, Toyo tires, TireSafeGuard TPMS, 2019 Equinox 1.5L, Blue OX Aventa LX tow bar, Roadmaster EZ5 baseplate, SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
tmw188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:16 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Once my windshield is in I am not done with them. The general manger was nice but what are you going to do when you canít tow the RV. I have a scrap on the right front doo that wasnít there before and was told they didnít do it. But we will see.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:33 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Well windshield is done and Safelite was being a pain in the back side. RV needs to sit for a while and at first they wouldnít let me park it there. I hate them. But auto glass Russ was quick and easygoing and fixed the issue.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:31 AM   #20

I am going to go ahead and assume the reason saflite has the policies they have in place is to protect them from lawsuits later.

If they clean and do whatever to the frame and then it leaks 3 years from now causing even more damage to the rig who is paying for it? Will you remember they did not want to do the work but you pressured them to do it against thier best judgement and company policy?

Are you willing to sign over you right to seek damages from safelite forever?

Even if you are there are people in the world who will do that then three years later get a lawyer and sue forcing safelite to defend themselfes (cost money) and hope to settle for something out of court So to be sure safelite i am sure has rules on what they can and can not do that are not based on what is possible or might work but that are based on protecting them from silly damage claims or lawsuits later.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:22 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
The point here I told them I had a leak before with rust and found the leak and fixed it. They removed the windshield and found surface rust and told me to leave. Now how do you move your RV. No tow company will move it because of missing windshield. So only option was to drive it. This was not the first RV they have looked at. All they needed to do was have a contact to fix the rust but they would not tell you anything but remove the RV. The guy I found they knew him and has offered him a job in the past but he turned them down because how they treat customers. Safelite is a joke all they wanted is for me to move my RV but after I told them the only way I can move it is by driving it and I will hold the responsible they let the guy do it in the parking lot and sold me the windshield. If this happen to you letís see how you would feel. After the windshield was put in they wanted me to move it and I told them it needed to sit a couple of hours and after a long talk they agreed. So you take your RV to them if you like I will never do business with them again.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:51 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Just got off the phone with corporate Safelite and that was a joke. Their commitment to me was well didnít your windshield get installed and I said yes but not by you because you wanted me off the property. They had the shop on the phone and it was a joke. I told them they changed me $85 for a crate and like to know where is it I paid for it and yes I was being petty on that one but they reuse them. Plus $91 for new molding that is still in the bag.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:26 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like Johndale reached an reasonable and amicable solution with Safelite. Good work, John!
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:04 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Watching the video, he says the primer he used is 5504G. Google and it comes up as CRL or DOW and is called Betaprime.

Check out my thread:
Another leaky windshield. And the DIY fix. - Winnebago Owners Online Community

CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install