Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2015, 12:12 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
I recently read on this forum where RVOne sold over $25M worth of Entegras & Newmars at the RV show in Hershey. At 5% commission split among 12 salespeople they each took home an average of $100,000 for 5 days work. Not sure any of these guys/gals are wishing for a better job!
That's a rumor, not real. Salesmen have no idea the cost or profit.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2015, 12:14 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
The Problem is: Salesmen are unpaid, until someone buys.

We cannot expect them to care about us, until we fund their salary.

They talk to us, they Ride & Drive us, they work long hours, they do not set the prices, they do not get to pick the merchandise, they educate us-and then we drive halfway across the U.S. to save a few dollars.

They have a terrible Job, a Job that you would not wish on a family member. And, they have it because they cannot get a better Job.

Do them a favor, do not waste their time-if you do not want to buy from them. Maybe they will run into a real buyer that will allow them to pay their bills-feed their families-and not complain about how they were not treated like royalty.
Thanks, Deny, for backing me up. I would trust a salesman before I would trust a lawyer or doctor who get paid up front for their time, whether they are paying attention or not.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:45 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty years View Post
That's a rumor, not real. Salesmen have no idea the cost or profit.

What's cost or profit got to do with it? If RVOne sold (as reported) 100 new DPs at an average cost of $200-300K they grossed between $25-$30m in 5 days. I have no idea how many salespeople RVOne employs or the commission they are paid ....but on $30m in gross sales, I am also pretty sure some commission salespeople did very nicely $$ over 5 days.

Regardless, my point is that in over 30yrs of commission sales I take offence at someone suggesting that the only reason I have a sales job is that I couldn't find anything better or that I should somehow be pitied for my sh$tty job. The only reason I got my sales job is that I have an MBA, the only reason my BIL got his sales job is that he has an engineering degree, my neighbour needed a degree in chemistry to get his foot in the sales door......I'd be willing to bet that the RVOne sales reps all have advanced educations and could get any number of other jobs, but have actually chosen RV sales as it is an enjoyable Industry that pays well enough to put their kids through college so those kids can hopefully get a job in sales!

I'm tired of some people's superiority attitude toward sales people in the RV Industry. Maybe....just maybe...... it's this attitude ......that is contributing to their negative experiences?
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:48 PM   #60

If it's not a Win / Win situation, the sale should not go through & it doesn't make any difference if it's a motor home or a pair of work socks. .

You are right, Attitude Is the first thing needed. I've been in sales since '58 when I was in high school working off the farm when Dad didn't need me at home. I'm proud of the way I earned my living and of how I helped my customers in the process. There is nothing more satisfactory (in the work place) than The appreciation shown to you by your customers.
Newat72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:56 PM   #61

Winnebago Owners Club
I agree with that, I sell myself, I just need a delivery
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:24 PM   #62

People in general

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
I agree with that, I sell myself, I just need a delivery
I was reminded of when I was working ,not as a sales man but a OTR truck driver. Sometimes the receivers would be very rude , and disrespectful. I never said a word. I told them what I was there for and shut up after that. Never disrespected them. We never know why some people we don't know are like that but yes, they may not be able to take the pressure of the job, and cant find anything else, or their wife might be dying of cancer, maybe there child is sick, maybe they just feel like crap and cant afford to stay home . Maybe threir on the verge of having their home repo'd, I say a prayer for that person and dont bother them . I found out that this is the best thing to do. So remember , when someone treats you badly say a prayer for them and leave.
Gearjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:06 AM   #63

Fleetwood Owners Club
Remember, do your research before hand. Walk in with a price range you are comfortable paying. Let the sales person play whatever games they want. Just put on your poker face. If they don't get in to your comfort range tell them they have on last chance to meet price x or you and your money will be walking. You are not forced to buy from them or pay their price. It is your money and spend it and how much of it where you want!
keukacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:14 PM   #64

The purpose of my original post was to just simply say that the salesmen we met that day just didn't seem to care if they sold anything or not. They had a show coming up in a couple of weeks and just stood around talking to one another after one of them said the coach was gone that we were suppose to test drive.

Now, it must be a sign from heaven, I posted a want ad on this sites' classified ads and a gentleman and his wife have offered us a good MH. So it must have been in my cards all along.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:50 AM   #65

Maybe the salesman was given the solid impression by what the shopper says that he didn't want to shadow you.

The next shopper resents it if the salesman shows them a lot of attention. It's the salesman's job to motivate a buyer.

Old saying: A shopper is a buyer looking for a salesman. So sorry that we can't make everyone happy.

Tags
sale