Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #1

Sam's club membership

Hello everyone,

We are wondering if the Same club membership is worth getting.

We have looked at the benefits and one we like is the discount at the pilot travel centers. Aldo there seems to be different levels of the membership which I can't seem to find the cost of the different levels.

Thanks for any help and info.

usplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2014, 11:49 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If you are talking about SAM'S WHOLESALE CLUB, I don't think they sell much that is useful for Rvs, except for gasoline at many of their clubs. They have recently begun offering a Sam's club CREDIT CARD (master card) that pays a 5% CASH REBATE on gasoline purchased "anywhere". However, to get the cash you MUST cash their annual rebate check at a Sam's club store.

Oh wait,.......I bet you were asking about GOOD SAM. shoot, that is different.

The GOOD SAM club is all about RVing and is linked to CW. I use the Good Sam membership card to get $.03/gallon off at Pilot/Flying J. and usually get 10% off campground fees, most everywhere.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #3

Yes yes yes... good Sam's club.. sorry I get confused...
usplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:31 PM   #4
LWC

One of the benefits of the Good Sam Club is a discount on a membership to Sam's Club which can be found under the Smile and Save Partner Offers:

"Print the required certificate and take to the Member Services Desk of your local Samís Club along with proof of Good Sam Club membership. Then, receive a $25 gift card when you join or renew as a Samís Plus member. Or, receive a $10 gift card with a Samís Savings Membership."
Old 11-03-2014, 06:37 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Being a good Sam member has paid for itself. I'm not the biggest fan of CW but they seem to have what I want when I want it. Being a member helps reduce the high prices they charge. I don't use pilot gas. Read too many bad reviews about the card not working. 3 cents is something but I do much better. I use the gas buddy app on my phone to find the cheapest gas near me then I use Penfed's gas card and get 5% back on gas. So if gas is 2.80 per gallon I'm getting 14 cents back. That beats pilot.

2014 Keystone Outback Tavel Trailer
2012 Ram 1500
Retired Navy
Old 11-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club

We changed from Costco too Sams they seemed too be cheaper than Costco Gas wise , Its a lot closer too the S'B also. I know you are referring too Good Sams but the first tank (or both tanks) in the MH I saved $49.00 - 40 buck membership = 9 buck savings but the next time I saved $49.00. More savings on the 2 Auto's also They are always cheaper than Reg stations.
I am not sure if all Sam's have gas but I think its going to be cheaper.
I wouldn't mind spending the rewards @ there stores it usually costs me 200-300. every-time I go in there so that would super . Haven't heard about that CC thanks for the info.
Again sorry for the Off Topic.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:42 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post

We changed from Costco too Sams they seemed too be cheaper than Costco Gas wise , Its a lot closer too the S'B also. I know you are referring too Good Sams but the first tank (or both tanks) in the MH I saved $49.00 - 40 buck membership = 9 buck savings but the next time I saved $49.00. More savings on the 2 Auto's also They are always cheaper than Reg stations.
I am not sure if all Sam's have gas but I think its going to be cheaper.
I wouldn't mind spending the rewards @ there stores it usually costs me 200-300. every-time I go in there so that would super . Haven't heard about that CC thanks for the info.
Again sorry for the Off Topic.
Tim
I didn't say you HAD to spend the rewards at Sam's Club, just that you have to go there to CASH the rewards check.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by usplus View Post
Yes yes yes... good Sam's club.. sorry I get confused...
No problem, but you are still a little confused. The Good SAM club is from the CW group of businesses, while SAM'S Club is a part of Wal-Mart.

That little apostrophe makes a big difference......
Old 11-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Warren View Post
Being a good Sam member has paid for itself. I'm not the biggest fan of CW but they seem to have what I want when I want it. Being a member helps reduce the high prices they charge. I don't use pilot gas. Read too many bad reviews about the card not working. 3 cents is something but I do much better. I use the gas buddy app on my phone to find the cheapest gas near me then I use Penfed's gas card and get 5% back on gas. So if gas is 2.80 per gallon I'm getting 14 cents back. That beats pilot.

2014 Keystone Outback Tavel Trailer
2012 Ram 1500
Retired Navy
I use the GS membership card to lower the price @ Flying J by 3 cents and then use a 5% cash rebate Credit Card to pay, so I "win" both ways.

I prefer to use Flying J only because of the dedicated RV lanes, which are "usually" easier to get in and out-unless some inconsiderate person parks their vehicle there while waiting to fill a 5 gallon propane tank.

I have found that "often" the cheapest gas is at some tiny station that I can't get in/out pulling a car behind a 38' MH.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
I didn't say you HAD to spend the rewards at Sam's Club, just that you have to go there to CASH the rewards check.
I know what you said Sir, But still
I wouldn't mind spending the rewards @ there stores it usually costs me 200-300. every-time I go in there so that would super.

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote