Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2016, 07:46 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Saved by Lichtsinn RV

A week ago which was about 22 days into a month long trip we were heading from Custer, SD to Mitchell, SD and the following day we were going to Forrest City, IA to visit the Winnnebago factory and take the tour of the place. While traveling on I-90 across South Dakota a cross wind started to pickup. It was strong but not enough to cause difficulty driving or holding the wheel. We noticed the bathroom vent was whistling as well as the front windows in the cab area. Nonetheless a while later the wife heads back to the bathroom and finds the bathroom vent cover is gone. The metal is still there in working order but no plastic cover. When we got to the campground in Mitchell I called the Winnebago factory and found that I had missed them by five minutes. I went online to the Lichtsinn website and sent a text message and got a response from Ron Lichtsinn who said that service was backed up but we could call them when we got in town or we could stop at the Winnebago factory and see if they could put us on the standby list. The next morning I called the Winnebago service department and spoke to a tech who said that they should be able to fit us in and for us to check in when we got there. We arrived around 3PM and found that the next open appointment was in November and with the large number of standby people it would be four days before we could be seen. We went to the parts department and purchased the part needed. When I asked if they knew anyone that could install the part they suggested Lichtsinn. We went to Lichtsinn RV and explained the situation and expressed our concern about a pending rain storm that appeared to be headed our way. They went out and looked at our coach we gave them the keys and the part and within a half hour it was installed and while up there the radio antenna was found to be damaged and they asked if we wanted it replaced. About 10 minutes after they finished the job it a lightning storm came through and it started to rain hard for about 25 minutes. Thanks to the timely repairs there was no damage to the interior of the coach. I should note that I mentioned to them that I didn't purchase the unit from them and they responded that they never ask where the coach was purchased. Also when I got the bill I was amazed to find that I was billed in 1/10's of an hour. All totaled it was less than $60 for parts and labor. I know I will keep Lichtsinn in mind in future purchases.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2016, 09:31 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great to hear of good service events. Unforntunatly they seem to be few and far between.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:52 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
I bought my MH from Lichtsinn and they said that sometimes when W gets backed up, they send RV's to Lichtsinn to do repairs, sometimes without the customer knowing
RV Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:20 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to Dsrtrider
roof vents

Get the vent covers and you wont have to worry about losing a lid again.
Dsrtrider is offline   Reply With Quote