Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2017, 10:55 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not worth fixing the icemaker, removed it, more room now in freezer, so now my wife wants to use it to store that 7 pound bag of ice. I must say, home made ice is an issue with minerals that end up in the bottom of a glass when it melts, ick. We have a nice four door fridge at home, same issue, so we fill the dispenser with store ice. Filters don't remove minerals, only a two step deionizer will do that.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2017, 11:26 AM   #16

We use the ice maker in our dometic, works just fine for us
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:58 AM   #17

We replaced our Norcold with a Samsung 18. Ice maker works great. We did have one of the counter top ice makes for our last Toy hauler that had no ice maker. Worked great for 2 years & then died.
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:18 PM   #18

Our fridge didnt come with an icemaker. At first I was bummed but glad it didnt now. Bagged ice gives me nightmares, unrelated extended tent camping for months in the 80s experience. We dont have an option to run the fridge before a trip and like to have ice when we get there. Tray ice takes forever to freeze enough for DH to be happy. We have huge counters in the kitchen but even if we didnt we only run it an hour or so, put the ice it makes in a container as it makes it and then shut it off. I used distilled water, just pour it in the bottom of the maker. I will admit finding a home for the ice maker while under way was a small challenge.
Forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge