Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #1

Saying hello again, from cold, cold Alberta

As I sit here in Alberta , watching a nasty blizzard whip itself into stay at home mode , I am SO glad I re-found this site , and even recalled our password . It all works well for me on here with Vista and IE8 , and my aging laptop .
My husband and I , at 81, (him ) , and me ( 83 ), have camped and Rvd for almost 50 years - and are still crazy enough to still do it !
An older , smaller Rv , but well looked after ,is our 9th "rig " , in a succession of European tents ,Tent Trailers , Fifths with Humungous trucks , Motorhomes , etc , suits us well , and awaits May as eagerly as we do .
If there are any other older Rvers who can offer us the simplest route from Calgary to Arizona , for next fall , please post !
Great online magazine .
kiwi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #2

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Welcome back

As I sit here in Alberta , watching a nasty blizzard whip itself into stay at home mode , I am SO glad I re-found this site , and even recalled our password . It all works well for me on here with Vista and IE8 , and my aging laptop .
My husband and I , at 81, (him ) , and me ( 83 ), have camped and Rvd for almost 50 years - and are still crazy enough to still do it !

Gotta love it when the teenagers come back home!

We are all looking forward to your post and your experiences that you care to share with us.
Just Because is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi kiwi 4 welcome to the forum . I am about 1 1/2 hrs north of you, and ain't this weather just lovely? Not!!! When we travel down to AZ we go down to Coutts/Sweetgrass border crossing. We follow I 15 all the way down through Montana, Idaho. Utah, and when we get to Las Vegas we take 95 over to AZ. We tried another route but seemed to take longer so I think this is the shortest from Calgary. We are somewhat younger and have to say you and your husband are an inspiration to all campers. We didn't get away this year because of a couple medical issues but there is always next year. We have had a pretty good winter up until last night, can't wait for spring as well. Happy trails!!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Kiwi! Glad that you found your way back!
Old 01-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Kiwi, my nephew is married to a girl from your town, but we don't hold that against her; being married to my nephew that is.

2-3-4-15 to 95 to 62 to 95 gets you into Quartzite the quickest by our S & T routing system on my laptop.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi4 View Post
An older , smaller Rv , but well looked after ,is our 9th "rig " , in a succession of European tents ,Tent Trailers , Fifths with Humungous trucks , Motorhomes , etc , suits us well , and awaits May as eagerly as we do .
If there are any other older Rvers who can offer us the simplest route from Calgary to Arizona , for next fall , please post !
Great online magazine .
All I can do is express my admiration for you both
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
I am in a campground in South Texas. Although I am from Iowa I find it hard to believe that you are in Canada as almost every camper here is from somewhere in Canada. I thought all of you were in Texas! You make good neighbors here as well!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #8
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome back! We'll be getting your weather here in a day or so. But probably without the snow. What a change from last year when we had over 2' of snow on the ground at our place.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #9

Cool

Welcome! So glad to have you here with us!
It does seem strange to be reading all the posts mentioning the cold weather, it is 74 degrees here today, muggy, and I am resisting the temptation to turn on the air conditioning system!!!
I do appreciate all the snow pictures though! It is something I have rarely seen in my life here where I live!!
Would be happy to trade a little of our warm weather for your snow!!!
RABBITFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
All I can do is express my admiration for you both
X2. And I find that, on the younger side of the 80s, you guys are inspiring as well. Makes me hopeful we could have another 20-25 years to enjoy this RV'n thing. Many, many more happy miles to you two.
I'll have to agree with Possum's and other's routing to AZ. for the best(quickest) and safest route. We tend to stay with the 'red'(secondary and scenic)roads rather than the 'blue' interstates whenever possible. I can't understand why you would want to leave such a beautiful area of Canada anyway(we were just in your area last summer and found it quite pleasant). Hang in there...RV'n days are ahead! Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote